• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Methanol injector placement

Anyone done methanol (50/50) on a turbo system? The following high-quality diagram shows my current setup's air flow down the charge pipe:

IC -> BOV -> IAT -> TB

Around the net, many people say the ideal injector placement would be between IAT and TB, but in this case, they're so close together that I believe it's not possible.

Others have suggested that the injector can be placed upstream of the BOV (that is, after IC), and that when boost drops, the injector closes before the BOV opens, so not much if any meth/water is lost thru the BOV, into the engine compartment.

Thoughts?

Interesting...

I'm not saying it's right but mine sits half way between the BOV and Throttle Body.

My Bov is open when i'm not under load so as you suggested it will be vented out possibly.

That's probably the best, most-recommended location. Did you get a retune after installation, get any performance benefits?

is changing to a bypass valve doable? I would run it before the IAT so your engine knows the cooler air charge.

is changing to a bypass valve doable? I would run it before the IAT so your engine knows the cooler air charge.

Might be an option, not sure how tricky to plump for my twin turbo...maybe just route the bypass valve's output below the engine compartment to "vent to ground?"

That's a good point you bring up: If the injector is after the IAT, the AEM EMS ECU can't use that information for a better tune, to produce more power, right?

Yup that's the theory, although on my Audi I have individual nozzles in each intake runner and none Before the IAT since the throttle body plate is plastic. Still works great

Back