• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

The wait is finally over!!! :eek:

5l9ymg.png

Alas, the ARC Ti exhaust is mine. After 3 years of scavenging and losing on yahoo japan auctions, I finally own my dream exhaust. Mods, you can delete my WTB post :tongue:

Upon arrival, I quickly tore apart the box to unveil this beautiful masterpiece.

2z9bbjd.jpg

1l00l.jpg

2b1f1x.jpg

I knew the condition of the exhaust wasn't exactly 100% before I bought it, but I was very pleased with the overall condition of it being that it is such a rare part. It had silencers on the tips so I quickly removed those. The previous owner for some reason, spray painted the can black.. probably to attract less attention, who knows. Also, there were small cracks around the can at the joints (four total) and a bigger crack where the pipe meets the can on one side.

First things first, I bolted this sucker up as is. I had a BLAST driving around with it. I noticed instantly the performance increase coming from a pride v1. This thing only weighs about 12lbs whereas the pride is around 28lbs. Also, the ARC is not restrictive at all like the pretzel design of the Pride.

20kznra.jpg

After about a week of fun with it installed, I took it off to have the Unique Fabrication in Lake Forest attend to the cracks. Below is before and after of one side.

28s93wj.jpg

2hfonq9.jpg

Then I got mod happy and purchased some complimentary ARC Ti test pipes from Mark at Dali. They were his last set so I had to jump on them, BRAND NEW!

8w07c8.jpg

10omm53.jpg

2zpjtjp.jpg

In addition to fixing the cracks, I am going to have the exhaust polished up and put new springs on the slip joints. As you can see, the previous owner mickey moused some wire to hold the slip joints together temporarily. I want it done right, so new exhaust springs are on the way.

ff1isg.jpg

Heres a clip of the exhaust + stock cats.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H9JeCqIu07U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Pix of exhaust with fresh polish coming soon! Also sound clips of the ARC Ti exhaust coupled with the ARC Ti test pipes.

Last edited:
Just want to give a HUGE shout out to my good friend Louis (AdvansCPAP) without him giving me the heads upon the listing, I wouldnt be drooling over this Japanese extravaganza. He also snapped these after pictures for me since I love his camera skills.

Josh over at Bud's Polishing in Anaheim did a ridiculously crazy job at polishing this guy as best he could without overcharging. DEFINITELY very reasonable and easy to work with, straight forward guy, etc. I asked that he do his best to not polish out the burnt tips since that's the second best thing I love about this exhaust. The end result is an uneven blend of bright polish to natural Ti luster. I thought about having him polish it out completely, then having someone take a torch to it to re-burn the tips but I said screw that. It is meant to be driven anyways. I am hoping that once I drive the car around everything will blend in which I am sure it will. Anyways, here come a plethora of pictures. Enjoy!

IMG_1672-1.jpg

IMG_1666-1.jpg

IMG_1665-1.jpg

IMG_1664-1.jpg

IMG_1661-1.jpg

IMG_1657-1.jpg

IMG_1655-1.jpg

IMG_1654-1.jpg

IMG_1653-1.jpg

IMG_1646-1.jpg

IMG_1641-1.jpg

IMG_1638-1.jpg

IMG_1637-1.jpg

IMG_1636-1.jpg

IMG_1645-1.jpg

IMG_1635-1.jpg

Last edited:
Too sweet! Why is it after polishing, why does the exhaust look more stainless than titanium? I'm assuming once it gets heated again, the titanium rainbow reappears? LOL!!

Too sweet! Why is it after polishing, why does the exhaust look more stainless than titanium? I'm assuming once it gets heated again, the titanium rainbow reappears? LOL!!

Thx Ken!!! Its cuz im not gay anymore!! Lol... yessir that is what will happen. I guess now time will be the ultimate test to see if it actually happens :D

This is not the same exhaust is it? Looks different. Piping is different too.

Same exact exhaust. Same piping. I purchased exhaust springs for the slip joints to restore it to "like-original" configuration, since previous owner mickey moused some wire together in lieu of springs. Other than that, same everything.

I love how you're building this car!

Thx Regan, glad you were able to see this bad boy in person before I put her on :D

Quick little exhaust clip to update my thread. ARC Ti Test Pipes to compliment the exhaust :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M-bbeEyexC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Exhaust sounds great. What rims are you going with since you have the Enkeis for sale?

Great build, love the sound of the exhaust. Lol you looked around like you are about to steal the car

Thanks Hass! Already stole it once back in 2011, can't let the neighbors find out it was me :p

Exhaust sounds great. What rims are you going with since you have the Enkeis for sale?

Thanks man I love it too! I ended up putting my stock wheels back on, sometimes less is more :p

10609488_589550024504948_1432603740452237039_n.jpg

10665238_589550054504945_8323437802762792426_n.jpg

10418173_589550097838274_7700125052314277739_n.jpg

17/18 regas would be sick on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!! Unfortunately nsx spec regas are so hard to come by. The guys that run them currently won't sell them lol :(

That blue NSX model looks cool. Do the headlights open? Does the Trunk open? Where did you get it and was it expensive?

Thx man!! I thought it was way too cool looking not to buy. Trunk does not open but the headlights do pop up. It is an "Ebbro diecast 1:43 scale nsx" do a search on ebay and there are some on there :)

Man... some Volk CE's with white walls would sure look FRESH!!!

Awwwww shhhhnaps some advice from grand master whitewalls daddy himself. If I end up running white walls I will be sure to bump some zapp n roger fa sho, just for you. :biggrin:

Wow, I am honored to be your 200th post! Exhaust sounds great! Hope you are back in action soon man. BTW, how do you keep track of all the things your doing on your car? Seems like a ton of stuff! ;) LOL

Back