• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

Wow, I am honored to be your 200th post! Exhaust sounds great! Hope you are back in action soon man. BTW, how do you keep track of all the things your doing on your car? Seems like a ton of stuff! ;) LOL

Mr Zmoney! Thank you sir for I am humbled to even be posting here since the purchase back in Jan of 2011. Its almost our 4 year anniversary together :eek: I will be for sure surprising her with something nice hehe..

As for all the shenanigans going on with my car? You mean like my eps rack being rebuilt by Matt aka d1guy? Man, I CANT WAIT to get it back so I can have my car driving PERFECT :biggrin: that will be my xmas present to myself.

2vxlvmg.jpg

I have a pretty decent memory and can keep track of all the things I have in the works, projects I have completed and maintenance that has been done, esp with the help of physical maintenance records. But recently I transferred all my records digitally using this pretty sweet app called AUTOsist. Good friend of mine created it, can be used on iphone and android. Super organized and user friendly. I love it! Give it a shot ;)

Mr Zmoney! Thank you sir for I am humbled to even be posting here since the purchase back in Jan of 2011. Its almost our 4 year anniversary together :eek: I will be for sure surprising her with something nice hehe..

As for all the shenanigans going on with my car? You mean like my eps rack being rebuilt by Matt aka d1guy? Man, I CANT WAIT to get it back so I can have my car driving PERFECT :biggrin: that will be my xmas present to myself.

2vxlvmg.jpg

I have a pretty decent memory and can keep track of all the things I have in the works, projects I have completed and maintenance that has been done, esp with the help of physical maintenance records. But recently I transferred all my records digitally using this pretty sweet app called AUTOsist. Good friend of mine created it, can be used on iphone and android. Super organized and user friendly. I love it! Give it a shot ;)

Man I think my EPS rack is going bad. Was yours making weird noises only when you turn the wheel? What is the fix for this brotha? :confused:

Man I think my EPS rack is going bad. Was yours making weird noises only when you turn the wheel? What is the fix for this brotha? :confused:

Whats up Rasta!

Mine had an ongoing issue where I would turn the wheel from left to right and would "click." I ignored it for a while, the car drives fine. However as time progressed it got worse so I figure Id rather get it rebuilt sooner than later. I took it to a few shops to have them inspect it first before it was determined I would for sure need a rebuild. After extensive research I have an idea that it is the notorious "internal bushing" in our racks that is worn and causing this play. Either way, it is now in the hands of Matt and he does a full-on complete rebuild replacing bushings and bearings as necessary. Knock yourself out, below are some very informative reads.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/155064-Power-Steering-Rack-Rebuild-Part-1-of-3

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/155401-Power-Steering-Rack-Rebuild-Part-2-of-3

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/157247-Power-Steering-Rack-Rebuild-Part-3-of-3

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still kicking myself for passing on a set of Regas because they didn't clear my BBK. I should have still got them and made them work somehow. They were 17x8 +35 and 18x9.5 +35.

Awwww man you should have at least grabbed them and held on to them!! My favorite car with Regas is the red nsx with the full advance kit that belongs to Christian in Texas. That thing is game over!

Whats up Rasta!

Mine had an ongoing issue where I would turn the wheel from left to right and would "click." I ignored it for a while, the car drives fine. However as time progressed it got worse so I figure Id rather get it rebuilt sooner than later. I took it to a few shops to have them inspect it first before it was determined I would for sure need a rebuild. After extensive research I have an idea that it is the notorious "internal bushing" in our racks that is worn and causing this play. Either way, it is now in the hands of Matt and he does a full-on complete rebuild replacing bushings and bearings as necessary. Knock yourself out, below are some very informative reads.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/155064-Power-Steering-Rack-Rebuild-Part-1-of-3

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/155401-Power-Steering-Rack-Rebuild-Part-2-of-3

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/157247-Power-Steering-Rack-Rebuild-Part-3-of-3

- - - Updated - - -

Awwww man you should have at least grabbed them and held on to them!! My favorite car with Regas is the red nsx with the full advance kit that belongs to Christian in Texas. That thing is game over!

Damn... Well I guess I should take it to the stealership first to get a good diagnosis. Mine doesn't "knock" when I turn the wheel. It sounds like a loud belt noise. If necessary then I'll prob have to get mine rebuilt as well :( Haha thanks for the reads broseph!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean "click" when I turn the wheel ***

Nice update, can't wait to see your car up and running again.

I'm glad you continue to update your thread as it seems a lot of other members have fallen off with updating theirs.

Damn... Well I guess I should take it to the stealership first to get a good diagnosis. Mine doesn't "knock" when I turn the wheel. It sounds like a loud belt noise. If necessary then I'll prob have to get mine rebuilt as well :( Haha thanks for the reads broseph!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean "click" when I turn the wheel ***

Hmmmm, not sure if I would associate a "belt" noise with any sort of steering issue.. If anything shoot me a PM and maybe I can help you further diagnose or point you in the direction of individuals that can.

Nice update, can't wait to see your car up and running again.

I'm glad you continue to update your thread as it seems a lot of other members have fallen off with updating theirs.

Thx Dennis! I do my best to update when I can. I know many owners are reluctant to post about their mods or issues they are having with their cars and I can understand why. If I had an immaculate 92 GPW I'm not so sure I would make a build thread myself. But I have a blue so I am okay lol. One day I will join you and many others in the ce28 club, one day :)

Little update on a project I had been working on...

Finally got my hands on my dream wheels.. a set of Ce28 in 17/18, thanks again Christian [MENTION=28742]doh![/MENTION] for the awesome nsx brethren pricing and super fast delivery :biggrin:

2eg4iyr.jpg

They of course need to be refinished before I put them on the car. My good pal Louis recommended I contact Mike over at Nu Tec powder coating in Anaheim. Couldn't have made a better decision!!! Pricing, service and final result combined for an overall AWESOME experience. I told him I was very particular about refinishing the wheels to as close to the factory silver as possible. We went over a few options, he showed me several different colors... but then he showed me some faces that he just had brushed and shot a glossy powder coat over it. We were getting warmer. I asked him about the pictures that customers had uploaded on his yelp review and he told me the wheel I liked had been brushed then shot with a matte clear powder coat, but he had no samples to show me. I would return a few days later as he would get me some samples to look at. In the meantime, he had my wheels checked for roundness (essential when purchasing used) then quickly proceeded to have them stripped. He showed me three samples and was set on one of them. We would end up going with a brushed finish shot with a matte clear powder coat. The end results are shown below.

ivzpcl.jpg

m7tcg3.jpg

no flash vs flash

2wc2lhk.jpg

Now I just need to mount tires, have the rays valve stems installed + stickers and caps I bought and BAM!

Last edited:
I think they look spectacular. But I'm biased as I like everything brushed, polished or bare metal. If I end up getting ce28 I'm going to do exactly the same thing.

[MENTION=25247]MexiRicer[/MENTION] your wheels are scratched up. I'll take em off your hands since they are in poor condition now.

That's a sick build man!

I think they look spectacular. But I'm biased as I like everything brushed, polished or bare metal. If I end up getting ce28 I'm going to do exactly the same thing.

Yeah, I was skeptical at first because I was unsure how the bare metal of the ce28 would look once brushed, but it looks fantastic and I cant wait to mount them on the car!! Thanks for the kind words sir.

@MexiRicer your wheels are scratched up. I'll take em off your hands since they are in poor condition now.

Gahhhhh, can you come pick them up from me please, I've already lost a lot of dough on these as it is :(

I really like the finish. Nice job!

Thanks man!! I am super happy with the final results as well.

and boom goes the dynamite... Haha

Hopefully not our motors though right, lol. Shit, need to go find a tree now to knock on wood haha.

That's a sick build man!

Trying to live up to you and that JDM Yo! Lifestyle!!! Haha, thx Jimbo!!

You have great taste in rims. I just ordered a set of CE28N's as well. I have a 3 month wait. Which center caps did you go with?

Those CE's look fantastic, such a unique finish, keep up the great build

Hopefully they will look just as fantastic or better once mounted!! Thank you sir I will do my best :)

Great call on the finish....love the brushed

Thanks JC!

You have great taste in rims. I just ordered a set of CE28N's as well. I have a 3 month wait. Which center caps did you go with?

Nice dude!! I would have loved to purchase brand new but couldnt pass up the deal I got on these used. Plus all the more reason to refinish them to my liking :) Your wheels must be on a boat in a container somewhere, how exciting! I ended up going with the Volk Racing GT low type. Nengun Performance has best pricing on those FYI ;)

Last edited:
Finally got the steering rack back from Matt and re-installed it a few weeks ago. Everything works good as new!!! :biggrin: or so it feels. The difference is day and night and I dont even have an alignment yet! Just drove it around the block a few times, I couldnt resist! Cant wait til everything is dialed in.

Reason I have postponed the alignment immediately following the steering rack re-install is because I first need to make peace with this bad boy...

25a6zh2.jpg

2zjapuo.jpg

30sx1dy.jpg

opzj3s.jpg

ht8p35.jpg

After a well spent beautiful Sunday afternoon, my fronts came off and went right back on with the cups installed. In case anyone is new to the thread, I purchased the RYU lift kit several months ago but am just now getting around to installing it.

I did need to modify the stock top hats to make room for proper clearance of the fittings. Also had to shave top and bottom rubber bushings. Thank goodness for power tools!!

Next thing on the to do list is run the air lines and wire everything up. Louis and I mounted the compressor and tank already under the hood so the rest shouldn't be too difficult. Super excited and will update when it is all up and working :biggrin:

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!

Finally got the steering rack back from Matt and re-installed it a few weeks ago. Everything works good as new!!! :biggrin: or so it feels. The difference is day and night and I dont even have an alignment yet! Just drove it around the block a few times, I couldnt resist! Cant wait til everything is dialed in.

Reason I have postponed the alignment immediately following the steering rack re-install is because I first need to make peace with this bad boy...

25a6zh2.jpg

2zjapuo.jpg

30sx1dy.jpg

opzj3s.jpg

ht8p35.jpg

After a well spent beautiful Sunday afternoon, my fronts came off and went right back on with the cups installed. In case anyone is new to the thread, I purchased the RYU lift kit several months ago but am just now getting around to installing it.

I did need to modify the stock top hats to make room for proper clearance of the fittings. Also had to shave top and bottom rubber bushings. Thank goodness for power tools!!

Next thing on the to do list is run the air lines and wire everything up. Louis and I mounted the compressor and tank already under the hood so the rest shouldn't be too difficult. Super excited and will update when it is all up and working :biggrin:

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!
How do you like the KW V3's?

Glad all went well with the EPS rack rebuild. Matt does very nice work. Rumor has it, he might even show up for NSXPO this fall. Nice wheels by the way. When are you coming out for a drive?

How do you like the KW V3's?

Oh I love them!! Would definitely buy them again if I had to.

Glad all went well with the EPS rack rebuild. Matt does very nice work. Rumor has it, he might even show up for NSXPO this fall. Nice wheels by the way. When are you coming out for a drive?

Definitely JC, thanks again for the recommendation :D Still needs an alignment though. I have had a few complications with the lift kit I recently installed but all issues have been sorted out so now I just need to find time to adjust my ride height to a setting I like then drive it to the local alignment shop. From there I should be good to go. I know Les always hosts the epic Malibu drive usually in February which is coming up real quick :)

shoryuken!!

Sonic BOOM!!

Back