• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Hi Bram, sounds like a great event (as always but this time in an area that I understand is Ontario foodie heaven) but this year I'm committed to a bicycle event in Kentucky that weekend. Hope to see you and the gang at some point this spring/summer.

Best,
Jeff

I would be interested in Belle Isle. Anyone have a need for methanol? I have around 4 gallons which is looking for ahome.

Im down! There's going to be a big meet at Belle Isle this spring, similar to last fall.

Welcome me to the group Steven, name is Hass I drive a 93 BB.

- - - Updated - - -

Steven good to meet you. Your minty /96 will have plenty of Formula Red company if we see you this spring/summer -- my /94, sca037's /92 or /93 (can't remember) and blodi's monster. Are there really only three of us Formula Reds around these parts in addition to Steven? Who am I forgetting?

Best,
Jeff

Ravi from Ann Arbor has a 92 Formula Red

S
Steven good to meet you. Your minty /96 will have plenty of Formula Red company if we see you this spring/summer -- my /94, sca037's /92 or /93 (can't remember) and blodi's monster. Are there really only three of us Formula Reds around these parts in addition to Steven? Who am I forgetting?

Best,
Jeff

I am down in the Toledo Ohio area, although you will not hear and see me much as my car is a hanger Queen. I am in need of a desperate timing belt change so I don't take it out much or far. I am deployed now and got things around and ordered few weeks ago besides the actual belt and other things I plan on doing like headgaskets until the time really comes. I planned on doing this awhile ago but that's how life goes.. I am in middle of remodleing my old farm house and getting my barns fixed up which will hopefully all or 90% be done by the end of this year hence why I got the parts ordered as then I got green light for car. Thank God I have a nice polebarn with wood burner and not just mice infested barns, or chickens for that matter to, as I am hoping I can get things going on my X early next year.

As I mentioned yesterday Hass, I'd be in! Rode with my friend in his 911 last year for the corral parking. Can't beat it!

Awesome!

He'll be joining me today at CJ's I hope you guys don't mind, he's going to have more info on the event.

- - - Updated - - -

If they're acceptable to a lowly FD...count me in!

I don't see why not, I would love to go for a ride. My friend Jay ( Scott's neighbor) is looking to purchase a RX7 in the near future.

^^waiting for more info on the Belle Isle event in the Spring so if anyone gets more info keep this thread posted. Thanks

I'll certainly be at the Belle Isle meet again if my schedule allows! Maybe I'll bring the Z this time.
Hopefully getting the NSX back out in a couple week from storage. I have a big stack of parts at home waiting for it :)

We'll be driving down and hauling cars. No definite departure date.

Anyone planning to make the drive to Orlando for NsXPo?

Steven Sherman; live at Sherman Farms in Superior Township, Michigan. Fortunate enough to own a 1996 Acura NSX-T, all original, Formula Red.

attachment.php

:smile: WELCOME, STEVEN! Hope we see lots of that virgin 1996 red you own.

To the Mi Gals & Guys....is anyone planning to attend Est Fest This Year?

Bram

Hello Bram and all Ontario friends.
We have been considering ESTFest 2016 in Picton, ONT (don't want to miss!).

But 400 miles drive each way, + driving clear across Toronto W to E on a Friday PM and E to W on Sunday PM makes attendance quite doubtful.

Awesome!

I don't see why not, I would love to go for a ride. My friend Jay ( Scott's neighbor) is looking to purchase a RX7 in the near future.

Cool. Will be getting it back out of storage tomorrow and giving it a good healthy ride or 3!

Anyone know a good person to REMOVE aftermarket Car Audio? I have couple of amps and all sorts of heavy-duty cable that I want to remove, and I really don't play with car electronics wired in like this stuff is wired in.

20 car fans and friends last evening at the weekly CJ's gathering! :cool: Nice to see and visit with everyone.

Wish I could go to Sebring this weekend (never been), but I'll be watching Saturday morning 10:30 A.M. on Fox Sports 1 (FS1) and perhaps RSO or another Primer will be there and post photos.

Well...dug mine out of hibernation in Kzoo on Sunday and brought her home.
My daughter was excited about it...
Untitled by blodi, on Flickr

Hit a milestone on the way home...

...and had some admirers on social media apparently...

Within 24 hours the work had begun....

Many parts awaiting installation...

556 rwhp + 275 rear section Star Specs = about 5K miles of life expectancy.....

Looking forward to this summer!

It's a small place called SuperSport Auto, I just looked it up and it's about 200 yards from where I grew up. I bet from the back of the building they can see the house I grew up in.

Blodi an awesome post 3/30 with photos. That was one bald-*ss tire(s). Daughter is really cute! 60 K miles rolling over.

Pete A. who ramrods the Toledo Cars-N-Coffee called for a make-up event this Sunday 9a-11a due to last weekend's wonderful weather. I'm still in winter storage but likely coming out of storage in the next few days........anyone interested for Sunday morning?

Added: If you care, local Home Depot stores have five (5) quart jugs of Shell (regular) motor oil 5W-30 and 10W-30 on sale through this weekend for $10 bucks.

Last edited:
Could try C&C on Sunday. Planning on C&C in Ann Arbor on Saturday. Zingerman's Roadhouse.

Thread bump for tomorrow's (4-17-16) Toledo Cars-N-Coffee "make-up" 9a-11a.

Meet at 8:15 AM at Park and Ride lot, US-23 at Plymouth Road on Ann Arbor's northeast side.

cell 734-7one8-746three

Neal,
How was the Toledo CnC?

Hass - Well attended for a "make up" meet.

Three Porsche 928's, a few 911's and two 911 Turbo
Modified Audi - yellow (with turbo)
Corvettes of all years
Red/black 2008 F430 F1 (Tony - sweet new F430 he bought out of DFW TX area - lots of cf)
Two RHD / JDM Nissan GTR's
One 1964 rustbucket going to rat-rod VW bug, mostly in rust color
New and used BMW's from Toledo area dealer
Several Lotus Esprit
WRX's
Merz coupes and convertibles
Beautiful new (2015) BMW M4 in robin's egg blue
1 nsx
Red Pantera
Cadi CTS V's
A Viper or two, plus some Hemi this-n-that's
Boss 302's, Cobra's, and nice Mustangs
A four door Neon, 2005 I think, painted orange, with an almost total build (2.4 engine) including a HUGE turbo that vented with the exhaust out of the hood. Really? Yea, still with front wheel drive! Custom everything.
2000 and 2003 S2000's
Others.

One never knows what will emerge from Toledo area garages! :biggrin:

Didn't get a chance to meet the owner of this green car at AA C&C on Saturday morning. Possibly the car that was for sale near Dearborn last year?

I'll have to make it down to Toledo sometime.

Also, just for giggles, I picked up the shagadelic OEM sheepskin seat covers.... what a hoot .

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 126
Didn't get a chance to meet the owner of this green car at AA C&C on Saturday morning. Possibly the car that was for sale near Dearborn last year?

I'll have to make it down to Toledo sometime.

Also, just for giggles, I picked up the shagadelic OEM sheepskin seat covers.... what a hoot .

I believe it's a younger gentleman in the east side.

So is going to set up a meet this Spring/Summer?

Sounds like it's you Hass! haha.
Is there going to be a spring Belle Isle event?

Waiting for some bits of hardware to show up to get my car back together. Just ordered new rear tires today. Hopefully I'll have the car back together by the end of this weekend.

Wednesday will mark 10 years since I bought the car! Hard to believe.

12656DSC03966-1.jpg

Back