• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Hello Neal! You forgot that I am living in the past big time -- stopped following NHL around the time of the original expansion from 6-12 teams (and yes, we still had a black and white Zenith TV at my parents house in Toronto back then)! So, as far as I am concerned Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman are still the coaches of Les Habitants and the Habs rule.

Hope you are doing well -- enjoying the snow? I had the NSX out yesterday late afternoon since the roads were dry -- went over to the wand-wash @ Grand River and Novi Road and gave Baby a bath before I put her away for what looks like a while.

Happy Holidays to all you NSXers out there.

Best,
Jeff

Hey Bram, thanks for watching my back! Sorry not to have been able to get out to at least one of your events this year -- next year I will remedy this for sure. Happy Holidays.
Best,
Jeff

There's been rumors circulatin' in these parts that someone has returned from sunny Phoenix? :smile: See any cool cars?
Yes, it was nice to visit with Judi's family there, but it seems we brought some cold weather with us to the Phoenix valley.
As for cars, no NSX sightings or other notable exotica...........unless you count a mid-70's Mercury Comet :biggrin:

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 28
^ not a lot of those around! This time of year is always tough as you don't get to drive your fun car, let alone see many fun cars out on the road.

:::sigh::: Here's to an early Spring.

Hey guys, my Nsx is new 2 michigan and It's already telling me to get out of this state. Not driving it is killing me as well. I drove it up to the corner gas station to fill her up and we had a moment. I guess the auto show here is the next big event for cars so well see how that goes. Its been getting smaller and smaller every year.

Hey guys, my Nsx is new 2 michigan and It's already telling me to get out of this state. Not driving it is killing me as well. I drove it up to the corner gas station to fill her up and we had a moment. I guess the auto show here is the next big event for cars so well see how that goes. Its been getting smaller and smaller every year.

Cool to have a widebody in MI. Where are you located? Would love to see your car in the Spring.....

I can't wait till spring to get the car out and meet up again. I got eibachs sitting here with Konis and swaybars on the way this week. Tired of the 4x4 action just hoping my wheels wont rub and my camber won't be destroying my tires to fast.

Happy New Year to everyone. Glad to see the MI NSX population keeps growing. Hopefully makes for an even better summer this year.
This time of year always sucks, but my spirits will be boosted come spring.

Hey guys, not NSX related but at least something fun to help get us through these bitter cold days by contemplating Spring.
I just got back from a road trip to NJ, to help our pal Chris (you guys know him, he's been to some of our 'meets') buy a D Sports Racer.
It's an early Radical with the Suzuki GSX-R motor, and will be a big step up from the Porsche he's been racing.
The drive there and back (dead-heading his enclosed trailer) was interesting, as the weather on I-80 through PA was dicey on the way out (several wrecked semis filling the ditches / medians) but we kept it on the tarmac all 1100 miles ;^D

Brian

Attachments

• Marsh DSR.jpg
    Marsh DSR.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 35
Hey guys, not NSX related but at least something fun to help get us through these bitter cold days by contemplating Spring.
I just got back from a road trip to NJ, to help our pal Chris (you guys know him, he's been to some of our 'meets') buy a D Sports Racer.
It's an early Radical with the Suzuki GSX-R motor, and will be a big step up from the Porsche he's been racing.
The drive there and back (dead-heading his enclosed trailer) was interesting, as the weather on I-80 through PA was dicey on the way out (several wrecked semis filling the ditches / medians) but we kept it on the tarmac all 1100 miles ;^D

Brian

Wow, thats really cool! I'd love someday to get a racecar of some sort. But so far I've failed at even getting my NSX to a trackday in almost 5 years of ownership. :frown: Maybe this will be the year.....

Hey igo4blue,

Is there something we will be hearing about tonight at CJ's? :wink::tongue:

Tried to call last night, but didn't want to leave a message!

NSXgal

Brian

That car looks like a bucket-load of fun! Already photo-chopped to reflect the owner's name and 55 car number, too :tongue:

Meanwhile, scanning my latest edition of Autoweek (1-24-11 page 44) to pass the time during this loooooong winter I fell IN LOVE! :eek: And so close to home, with a six speed 5.2 V-10 to boot. Now, I'm not a true drop-top kind of guy, but I could suffer plenty with this -

http://www.deltaaudi.com/new/Audi/2011-Audi-R8-c694c01f0a0a006401ef63f95f59365b.htm

Can one of you Michigan NSX'ers float me $170,375 plus six % sales tax plus license plate fee for this? Puhleeez? I've got to find a quick reason to visit Grand Rapids....

That car looks like a bucket-load of fun! Already photo-chopped to reflect the owner's name and 55 car number, too :tongue:

Meanwhile, scanning my latest edition of Autoweek (1-24-11 page 44) to pass the time during this loooooong winter I fell IN LOVE! :eek: And so close to home, with a six speed 5.2 V-10 to boot. Now, I'm not a true drop-top kind of guy, but I could suffer plenty with this -

http://www.deltaaudi.com/new/Audi/2011-Audi-R8-c694c01f0a0a006401ef63f95f59365b.htm

Can one of you Michigan NSX'ers float me $170,375 plus six % sales tax plus license plate fee for this? Puhleeez? I've got to find a quick reason to visit Grand Rapids....
Yeah, Spring just can't get here quick enough now !!!

For a whole lot le$$, you could just ship your Imola off to Cody :biggrin:

Brian

Yeah, always seem this time of year gets the mind wandering about other cars....then the first time I get to take the NSX out for a drive, I completely forget about it. Or just going out taking the cover off and running it for a while helps too.

Hi All: Track sounds fun but my insurance won't permit. I got a smoking great deal on insurance through Grundy -- agreed upon value 35K and no mileage limitation for under $700/year but no track and no commuting to and from work. I can live with these restrictions in exchange for the low premium. Ryan, nice that you can look at your baby in the garage -- mine is now residing in a friend's garage and I miss her but I do appreciate getting into a warm TL in the a.m. instead of having to brush, scrape, freeze, etc. Looking forward to seeing the gang come the spring but will try to get over to CJs before that. Hope everyone is well.

Best,
Jeff

Hi All: Track sounds fun but my insurance won't permit. I got a smoking great deal on insurance through Grundy -- agreed upon value 35K and no mileage limitation for under $700/year but no track and no commuting to and from work. I can live with these restrictions in exchange for the low premium. Ryan, nice that you can look at your baby in the garage -- mine is now residing in a friend's garage and I miss her but I do appreciate getting into a warm TL in the a.m. instead of having to brush, scrape, freeze, etc. Looking forward to seeing the gang come the spring but will try to get over to CJs before that. Hope everyone is well.

Best,
Jeff

No worries Jeff, I haven't yet heard of anyone who has insurance that'll cover a track-day mishap / problem. I believe that's part of why there's so much emphasis on not crashing!
You should really consider taking your lovely lady to a track where you'll not only learn that much more about her, but you'll give her a chance to stretch her legs as well. I know I learned A LOT about my limits and my driving my car the last open event I went to at Waterford Hills. I'd recommend it to anyone.

No worries Jeff, I haven't yet heard of anyone who has insurance that'll cover a track-day mishap / problem. I believe that's part of why there's so much emphasis on not crashing!
You should really consider taking your lovely lady to a track where you'll not only learn that much more about her, but you'll give her a chance to stretch her legs as well. I know I learned A LOT about my limits and my driving my car the last open event I went to at Waterford Hills. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Good points Marc and maybe I will take that risk. You and I need to get together in the spring once I have Baby back and assuming that my top tech is successful in exorcising certain unwanted noises we'll talk about some of your TLC for her! Hope all is well.

Good points Marc and maybe I will take that risk. You and I need to get together in the spring once I have Baby back and assuming that my top tech is successful in exorcising certain unwanted noises we'll talk about some of your TLC for her! Hope all is well.

As a newbie myself, I'd highly recommend it. It really was a type of thing that now my only regret was not doing it sooner. The open days are nice as you go at your own pace - there's no pressure, and you can be just as slow as you basically want.

I'll certainly be around and I look forward to helping in any way possible. Even if you just want some friendly advice - no problem :)

Back