• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

:mad::mad::mad:

No, no. Please say to them, NO!
We'll not have this. In spite of your (F#$(*^%$#@@) 8 golf handicap.

Look, don't let this happen. TWEETY deserves the NORTH country.

Werd.

neal

:confused:

6-12-2011 Sunday Toledo CNC. An NSX we've not seen before.

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

6-12-2011ToledoCarsNCoffee001.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

Hope to make it to Toledo one of these times. Who is headed North this weekend. I am probably going to Bay Harbor and then up to St Ignace in the NSX

Then you are fortunate. Place an offer and let's keep this beauty in Michigan!

Thanks, made an offer, we're close but still concerned about lack of maint records, apparently no WPTB service ever done, no red key and priced same as the Imola Orange recently sold.

Hope to make it to Toledo one of these times. Who is headed North this weekend. I am probably going to Bay Harbor and then up to St Ignace in the NSX

Tim I am entered to show at St Ignace - LBBP I think..... so will look for you there!

Thanks, made an offer, we're close but still concerned about lack of maint records, apparently no WPTB service ever done, no red key and priced same as the Imola Orange recently sold.

Guess it's a waiting game then. Pls keep us in the loop. :smile:

Attachments

• dsc12481lowres.jpg
    dsc12481lowres.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 33
:mad::mad::mad:

No, no. Please say to them, NO!
We'll not have this. In spite of your (F#$(*^%$#@@) 8 golf handicap.

Look, don't let this happen. TWEETY deserves the NORTH country.

Werd.

neal

Imagine with virtually 12 months of the year with acceptable driving weather, I might put 2000 miles a year on Tweety! :eek:Tweety deserves smooth Georgia pavement. I need 10 months a year of good golf weather to hone my golf game.

Oh my god, that NSX is awesome!! I hope I can make it to the Toledo show soon and see that!

Here is a little NSX action footage from the Eyes On Design show!

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/24h82WUw_2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tim, I was hoping to make bay harbor tomorrow night, but it now looks unlikely. I will be up there Saturday and hopefully St ignace too. PM me your cell number and I'll get in touch when I am up there.

Hi Everyone.
I'm Steve from Canton. I came on and introduced myself when I bought my NSX just before Christmas. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to get over to CJ's to say hello in person - is it every Wednesday at 5.00?
My car is a black '91 with a 5 speed. It's been re-painted and has a few blemishes - but it looks good from 3 feet away, it's a California car and it has only 65,000 miles on it.
I spent some time over the winter changing the engine and transmission oils, fitting s/s brakes lines, new tires (it has 18/19" Volk CE28Ns), doing an alignment, etc. I've had it out at Gingerman and Mid-Ohio already this year - albeit in the cold and wet on both occasions :frown:
Anyway, I wanted to do the cam belt, water pump and valve clearances, so I got the parts from Dali. I'm in Florida with the family right now, and my friend Lee, who used to build Indy engines at Ilmor and is looking to establish his part-time car prep. business, offered to do the job for me while I'm away. He tells me today he's struggling to get the crankshaft pulley bolt out - even with his impact wrench rated at 650 ft lbs!! Does anybody in the Plymouth area have access to the Honda/Acura tool to hold the crank pulley? I'd be happy to rent it - cash, beer, whatever is appropriate :smile: Lee is thinking the tool might make all the difference.
Thank you all in advance.
Best regards from sunny Florida,
Steve P.

Steve,
Just saw your post. I have the pulley holder tool. I'm in Farmington Hills if you want to borrow it. I think I got it on Amazon for fairly cheap though.
I removed my pulley and had to put a 6 ft breaker bar on it with the holder in place against the ground....lots of torque on that bolt!

Well after a log process and working on weekends we finally got our garage project complete. We went for the real clean look w/ most items put away that we could. The Gladiator Garage Works cabinets are great and I found a great online deal to boot. We decided to panel the walls w/ Fiberglass solid white as they are 100% water proof and I swear you cannot hurt them at all. Trimmed the upper and lower w/ dark grey 1X2 and 1X10. Had to do the NSX justice w/ its own banner and clock and my poor G35 gets no banner at all. :tongue: My favorite has got to be the 10X16 carpet display mats. They work out great considering the cars do not see bad weather very much if at all. I thnk I am the only person in the sub who has to vacuum their garage out weekly. :biggrin:

*Thanks again to Perry for coming over and helping w/ the whole process he was a major help as usual and I still owe you lunch.

Anyway enjoy the pics.....

P1080338.jpg

P1080339.jpg

P1080342.jpg

P1080341.jpg

P1080340.jpg

P1080347.jpg

P1080345.jpg

P1080343.jpg

Yes, that looks great!
Someday, when I'm done spending much of my time actually playing with and working on the cars, we need to get our attached garage insulated and finished inside.
Right now it looks more like a service shop than a residential garage :biggrin:

Brian

^^Thanks guys, I wish the garage was insulated but we are getting new 2" insulated garage doors so that will help a bit. Now that both cars have been detailed the garage is being unused and feeling lonely. :tongue: Nothing to detail, we need to get some ones car over here or some kind of project. :biggrin:

^^Thanks guys, I wish the garage was insulated but we are getting new 2" insulated garage doors so that will help a bit. Now that both cars have been detailed the garage is being unused and feeling lonely. :tongue: Nothing to detail, we need to get some ones car over here or some kind of project. :biggrin:

Just let me know when. :biggrin:

Sorry to barge in guys, but I'm looking for someone with a 2000 or later NSX to do a quick OBD2 scan to see what parameters are available via the diagnostic port. PM me if interested in helping out.

Thanks!

:confused:

6-12-2011 Sunday Toledo CNC. An NSX we've not seen before.

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

6-12-2011ToledoCarsNCoffee001.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

Wow that looks like an exact copy of Mitch's car here in Massachusetts. If you go to Mitch's website (www.mechanicsdirect.com) you can see that his car is almost identical to that. They even have the same MDM logo on the car.... lol. You can tell they are different because the rims are not the same and the car above doesn't have chromed out vents.

4-DSCN3852%20CROPPED%204.JPG

10-Kimball_Farm%20Car%20Show%20msn.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the Bay Harbor and St. Ignace shows over the weekend. Somehow I managed to miss both Neal and Tim.

If anyone cares, here are my pics from the events...

Bay Harbor:

http://psykosis.smugmug.com/Cars/6-25-11-Bay-Harbor-Car-Show/17748989_rVVm55#1355189090_wKzQMcH

St. Ignace:

http://psykosis.smugmug.com/Cars/6-25-11-St-Ignace-Car-Show/17764797_GjMp6B

Sorry we missed you. Got there shortly after the parade. There with my youngest in the NSX. Never made it to St Ignace because too much going on.

Wow that looks like an exact copy of Mitch's car here in Massachusetts. If you go to Mitch's website (www.mechanicsdirect.com) you can see that his car is almost identical to that. They even have the same MDM logo on the car.... lol. You can tell they are different because the rims are not the same and the car above doesn't have chromed out vents.

[/IMG]

Actually it did have chrome on the vents, you can see it on the one picture. Just not the whole thing.
That is interesting that there are two out there so simliar. I think the guy mentioned he had the work done somewhere our east. So must have been the same builder.

:biggrin: Mystery solved then, Raven and Blodi - The gentleman who owned this red '92 NSX gave me his four page "flyer" on it, which I dug up after Raven's post. It clearly states "2008 car was shipped to Mechanics Direct Modifiers of Boston, MA, for engine and interior modifications."

So this NSX is actually one of two. Wonder if MDM did any more?

Neal is our local sleuth, we're lucky to have your skillset at our disposal :biggrin:
We'll be at Waterford on Saturday for the Open Track Day.
We're taking the purple beast to run some laps at lunchtime, just a little fun.

The rest of the weekend looks to be wide open, maybe hit the range on Sunday AM (have a new toy to play with) then Baker's in the afternoon?

Brian

Back