• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

TWO week reprieve. That Baker's first of the season was nice and good to see you all. You know what follows Friday? Two days of rain. :tongue:
It was really fun to see Liz's Noble and Jorligan's NSX (the never seen before mystery machine now ruling over the masses... I like it) both with children's seats. Which little whipper you want?
I had my first look, then ride, at Waterford Hills Tuesday. PCA event I think. Enjoyed the cars and a really nice day. Rode for a session with Roger G. (FASTCAT) Lake Orion, MI, 1991 blk NSX 54K miles and he can sure drive!
Thank you for that, Roger.
VIA Roger and another mutual friend, I met a guy who is actively looking to purchase a 91-93 NSX, red preferred w/a solid service history. His 2000 S2000 is just an intro :eek:

It was a pleasure taking you for a few hot laps at our D.E. event. Yes, it was Porsche Club event - but we welcome all brands!! Our next event at Waterford is late July. Check the Rally Sport Region PCA web site at http://rsp.pca.org. Drag that orange beauty out and let her really stretch her legs!!

Roger

Neal, it was nice meeting you at last....and as a bonus introducing you to one of our favorite places, Waterford Hills.
Judi and I very much enjoyed our on-track sessions with Roger in his NSX.
That really lit the fire on us trying to find one of our own :wink:

Brian

Just a note to keep the thread going, Neal swung by and we headed off to Baker's for our first time at one of their regular Sunday gatherings.
Considering the 'iffy-looking' skies, there was a rather nice variety of cars in attendance.
Pictured is me in our S2000 doing my best to keep up with Neal (and Judi, as his passenger).

Brian

Attachments

• S2K following NSX 5-18-08.jpg
    S2K following NSX 5-18-08.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 83
Just a note to keep the thread going, Neal swung by and we headed off to Baker's for our first time at one of their regular Sunday gatherings.
Considering the 'iffy-looking' skies, there was a rather nice variety of cars in attendance.
Pictured is me in our S2000 doing my best to keep up with Neal (and Judi, as his passenger).

Brian

Heck that's what it looks like when I try to keep up with neil in my NSX .. LOL

Yeah, You're the one with driving skills, Al and I had to turbo our cars in the hopes we could catch him in the straights.

Yeah, You're the one with driving skills, Al and I had to turbo our cars in the hopes we could catch him in the straights.

Holy smoke, there was a photo of you spraying your blue NSX off (previously known amongst the MI NSX crew as "the mystery NSX") at a quarter car wash in the bush, I think it was in eastern Ontario... please share with us Michiganders how your new set-up is doing.

anyone alive?

Yeah we are alive and well. :biggrin: Where the heck have you been? The NSX is finally all done w/ the mods for now, dropped, etc. How is the F-car treating ya? :biggrin:

Yeah we are alive and well. :biggrin: Where the heck have you been? The NSX is finally all done w/ the mods for now, dropped, etc. How is the F-car treating ya? :biggrin:

my wife has been driving the 355 around with no issues. I havent been home in 2 weeks. been stuck in san diego where it has been in the 60's :mad:

:biggrin: Nick, don't mind him. He is being cruel because he has been having too much track time. :mad:

If only that were true. I've only been to one track event so far this year ( Gateway in St Louis ) :frown:

I've been really trying to get a good coat of NXT Tech2 wax on the Imola since washing it last weekend. Might have it done by Baker's time tomorrow, anyone else considering a Sunday activity? Weather forecast is stellar!

I've been really trying to get a good coat of NXT Tech2 wax on the Imola since washing it last weekend. Might have it done by Baker's time tomorrow, anyone else considering a Sunday activity? Weather forecast is stellar!

I plan on being up there tomorrow at 2:00pm or so. Also, Jim (NSX Hawk) will be up there with his new dastardly ride.

Ypsilanti is having its 12th annual Orphan Car Show tomorrow, 9am til 4pm, Riverside Park off of Cross Street in Depot Town. This year it is featuring 1928-1959 Plymouths and 1928-1961 DeSotos.
This show is for cars that are no longer manufactured or imported into the USA.
NSX qualify?

Ypsilanti is having its 12th annual Orphan Car Show tomorrow, 9am til 4pm, Riverside Park off of Cross Street in Depot Town. This year it is featuring 1928-1959 Plymouths and 1928-1961 DeSotos.
This show is for cars that are no longer manufactured or imported into the USA.
NSX qualify?

i love depot town, its very cool. is that where they do the rubber ducky race?

i would love to come to bakers tomorrow but i have commencement, i am finally done. next sunday i might bring it up, we'll have to see how weather and work pans out.

:smile: What a beautiful day here in MI! The Orphan Car Show I will be certain to return to next year w/a couple more hours to spend there.
AND on to Baker's near Milford, MI, to see (in no particular order) Dennis, Tim, Nick, Lisa, Chris, Al, Jim, and some really great iron!
599 Ferrari was sinful. So is Jim's new car. :wink: Dang!

Man you guys do Bakers faithfully!

Igo4blue:confused: I hope I don't offend but are you Neil's wife? If so welcome and I love your avatar!

Hey Al you need to post some pics of your car with the 02+ conversion

Congratulations Remote Monkey!

Igo4blue:confused: I hope I don't offend but are you Neil's wife? If so welcome and I love your avatar!

Perry-

I have a couple we took yesterday. I am going to have it professionaly photographed next month, so these are all I have:

2090207_20_full.jpg

2090207_21_full.jpg

2090207_22_full.jpg

2090207_19_full.jpg

Sorry to miss the action yesterday. I really wanted to see Jims new ride. Went with the wife to the Red Bull Air Race. It was amazing.
Congrats Dion! What are your plans now?

Thanks man, i am going to western in the fall for technical theater, plans may change, might transfer to state and do broadcast, we'll see when the time comes. I also went to the air races after my graduation ( it was at chene park haha). they were pretty cool, but they ended really early, it was a little upsetting.

Thank you very much, you should come next weekend, i plan on finally bringing out the X to show to you guys.

Perry-

I have a couple we took yesterday. I am going to have it professionaly photographed next month, so these are all I have:

Your car makes me giddy with excitement any time i see it. because every time i see it i think of the time on woodward when you were next to me and floored it, and it was cherubic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejwg0e5ZugI its at about 37 seconds

i also have a couple pics of your car duffer, from the one woodward meet if you want them,

dscf0740mz1.jpg

dscf0724ng3.jpg

dscf0723ps3.jpg

dscf0722eg6.jpg

dscf0695rb0.jpg

dscf0694oj2.jpg

rearviewhl8.jpg

rearviewparkedka5.jpg

as i was posting these i realized your plate was in the shot, so i took them out, cause i didnt know if you cared or not if it was on there. better safe than sorry.

i also have a couple pics of your car duffer, from the one woodward meet if you want them,

dscf0740mz1.jpg

dscf0724ng3.jpg

dscf0723ps3.jpg

dscf0722eg6.jpg

dscf0695rb0.jpg

dscf0694oj2.jpg

rearviewhl8.jpg

rearviewparkedka5.jpg

as i was posting these i realized your plate was in the shot, so i took them out, cause i didnt know if you cared or not if it was on there. better safe than sorry.

Dion-

Thanks for posting the photos. Of course, those we pre-02 conversion, so they are a bit dated. :biggrin: I will have my RPS clutch installed this week, and my turbo boost in going be increased significantly, so it is going to be much faster!:eek: I can't wait. I am sure I will see you around at one of our local gatherings in the near future. Good luck with everything. I think I can remember back when I graduated from high school. Time flies, for sure. Enjoy the ride.

Back