• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

just picked up my new DD, '04 Phaeton. love it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• vw.jpg
    vw.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 221
Verysweet!! Checked one out at the naias some years ago...the interior was something special....

Nice DD Nick! Funny enough, I have a new DD being delivered today. As much as I was looking to try a P-car I just couldn't pry myself away from the Roundel......I'll post pics later.
Wish I could've done the Sunday drive or OTD at Waterford, but we were in Milwaukee...did you guys know they make beer there? :) I think they have to make more since we were there.

Verysweet!! Checked one out at the naias some years ago...the interior was something special....

It has so many bells and whistles. I'm finding new things every day... yesterday I found the steering wheel warmer and massagers on all 4 seats (nice surprise since dealer said option wasn't installed).

^^^ Nick, which engine?

v8... enough power for a grocery hauler

I just couldn't pry myself away from the Roundel......I'll post pics later.

Which series?

I guess upgrading to bentley wheels is popular... what say you guys.. yay or nay?
MaroonBabyBentleyB.jpg

Last edited:
Nick an upgrade on the rims front is always a good idea. Go for it.

Ryan, another BMW? What happened to the Rover?

The Rover isn't going anywhere. But Bree drives that most of the time and I'm bored of driving the Jag. 6er on the way. Still not sure when it's showing up, but sometime today is what I was told.

BTW Nick, I dig the Bentley wheels!

Last edited:
Finally a few pics of the new DD. Couldn't help myself and already Plastidipped the wheels, grille and rear badge.
Sorry Tim, I did it last minute, but I can show you how to do it sometime if you want to do something on your car. Really easy to use.

IMG_20121027_184014 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20121027_183903 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20121025_225806 by blodi, on Flickr

niiiice

nsx, jag, rr, and now bimmer... the neighbors must think you guys are king pins

Haha. Yeah, well the Jag is going up for sale shortly....if anyone knows someone in the market for an 03 S-type....lemme know.
Our newest car is now the 6er, which is an 05. Oldest being the 21 year old nsx....so to people who know, our cars are all old, but to those who don't, well yeah, they probably are wondering about us. :biggrin:

A fall drive... this Sunday -

Starting after 2 PM or so - west suburban Detroit to / from points west.

47 and sunny is forecast. One last run?

Yeah, we still have 3 cars that need to go through the 'put away' sequence....and part one of that is a good drive.

More details?
Brian

Sunny, 47 F, little wind...

Was thinking something like this:

US 23 SB through Ann Arbor
Exit Willis Road
East to Carpenter
S to Stoney Creek
SW on Stoney Creek
W on Mooreville
S on N. Ridge Rd
W on Clinton-Macon
SW on Macon Hwy
N on Tecumseh-Clinton Hwy
@ Village of Clinton continue N on Clinton Rd
E on Austin
N on Schneider
E on Pleasant Lake
N on Wagner
SW on Miller Rd and feed onto EB M-14
To wherever.

Could reroute at the Pleasant Lake/Wagner intersection to visit a location for food/bevs. Sunset 523 pm.

F/u

Looks like we have a few cars meeting 130-2pm near Pontiac Trail and Dixboro Roads, Salem Twp. Leaving there ~ 2 pm for a drive.

PM me for details.

74 + miles

Nice run. 3 NSX's, a P-Car, two Loti, S2000.

Little traffic, no Bambi's, no impediments. A couple guys going home to put their NSX's to sleep for a while. :smile:

Move along, nothing to see here folks.

Thanks, all.

holy smokes do I see a jalpa in those pics:eek:

wow thats a hens tooth kinda car..not too many Lambo V8's running around.Funny how in the day the car looked balanced on its wheels..now my eyes are drawn to how small in diameter the wheels are compared to contempary sports cars with thier 18/19 wheels:redface:

SPOTTED: Middlebelt and 7 Mile Rd on Sunday; black Gen 2 NSX, around 1:30 or so, across from Livonia Mall. Anyone here?

P.S. Great photos! Where was the other ride Neal?

Put to Sleep.... Still driving the car.

Back