• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Agreed.... but damn it's the RIGHT color. Can't wait to see them mounted!!

Okay, so it looks like our newest member Swiftscott is driving up from the Kzoo area this Saturday for C&C. 98MCBlue is driving over from Grand Ledge and even the great alum04org is making serious consideration. Those of you that are not trapped by neighborhood pow wows or early morning golf tourney's, give this morning trek a thought. Our event's are relatively new so it wont be like the Toledo or Detroit C&C's, but we are trying. :)

Most of the attendees have never seen more than two NSX's at the same time and in most cases, just mine.

Okay, so it looks like our newest member Swiftscott is driving up from the Kzoo area this Saturday for C&C. 98MCBlue is driving over from Grand Ledge and even the great alum04org is making serious consideration. Those of you that are not trapped by neighborhood pow wows or early morning golf tourney's, give this morning trek a thought. Our event's are relatively new so it wont be like the Toledo or Detroit C&C's, but we are trying. :)

Most of the attendees have never seen more than two NSX's at the same time and in most cases, just mine.

My goal for this event is to have More NXS's than Corvette's at this event, C'mon Eastsider's help us out with this :frown: ???

Dave L.

I'll try to attend but no NSX. I might have to go up north to put some things away

even the great alum04org is making serious consideration

Def not all that. Lucky to afford premium fuel.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's a European Car Show. Who knows how the red-headed step children will be received. I almost hit this show last year, but the weather was beyond crappy. Mike and I met along US-23 near Milan, MI. Mike is Ford, the SEMA Manager. Guess he'll be at a BIG yearly show in Las Vegas soon :biggrin:

Mike's 2014 Mustang is over 615+ HP at the wheels. It is fun when he is forced to chase me south to T-town. Last year he sold his Pa's red/tan F430. He's bulletproof now!

Mike and I got nestled in, registered 'n all. Tim came in a few minutes later.

Tim was needing some help to park in the show, and Liz was waiting :smile:

They sure looked good together, and visitors to the show had plenty of questions :confused:

Pics of others. This was a very nice, well-organized and friendly sportscar show:

I got to sit in, and play with the "loud pedal", of this sweety. So seductive. The exhaust note alone would sell me:

Driver's seat was extremely comfortable, and although it has more electronic gizmos than I can relate, it is smashing.

Merz SLS AMG 6.3. We have enjoyed seeing this mighty-fine auto this summer at Toledo C-n-C events. The owner appreciates revving it up, and we do, too :eek:

Want Bentley's? They got 'em! Big, bold, brash.

Just a quick pic of an NSX at a Euro Car Show. This show was very well organized, hosted, classy, proceeds to MDA (Muscular Distrophy), and an all-around worthy event. I am glad I went there, and glad they allowed me to show.

Beyond everything posted above, this photo made the day -

Thanks for looking in. :smile:

I can select the Insert Image button, browse and select the photo from my desktop, but then there is no "upload" button to get the picture to post! I have good ones to share, just can't make it work!
There might just be a minimum post count before uploading images is allowed (not sure about that, though).
If that is indeed the case, they can be hosted on Flickr (or other such sites) and directly embedded into posts.

Brian

It's whatever we make of it :biggrin: Now I remember....... you hated it. :tongue:

I miss our "Death Races" to Toledo!! Neal is a great roadtrip partner!![/QUOTE]

SCOTT! We miss you! Hope your C63 silver AMG is rocking hard for you, still. Knowing you, you'll be into something else soon. Your LBBP was special.... tubi, four pipes, just magic from your touches. :biggrin: Aye, Skipper!

Dave + Linda we are on the hook for tomorrow AM. Juggling. May make it - will call. Exit # 86 at M-100 off I-96 but oh-dark 730am wow.

All:

Thanks for the invite to cars and coffee yesterday! It was very cool to see 5 NSX's at one place at one time. I had a great time and look forward to the next one.

Have a great Sunday, taking my son to the Street Rod Nationals North in Kalamazoo today...guessing the NSX will stick out like a sore thumb there!

Putting out feelers for an open house / get together / NSXPO planning meeting. Sunday, September 29 at our house. Could do a drive, barbecue, talk, viewing of Senna?, discuss NSXPO caravan etc.

Putting out feelers for an open house / get together / NSXPO planning meeting. Sunday, September 29 at our house. Could do a drive, barbecue, talk, viewing of Senna?, discuss NSXPO caravan etc.
That also happens to be the weekend of Waterford's Race #6, the final one of the season......

Brian

Could do it the following weekend, just close to the take off day.

The 6th is fine but mainly trying to determine who wants to drive in 2 days vs 1 long day. We are flexible but an easy 2 day trip with departure Thursday and arrival Fri would clearly be easier.

The 6th is fine but mainly trying to determine who wants to drive in 2 days vs 1 long day. We are flexible but an easy 2 day trip with departure Thursday and arrival Fri would clearly be easier.
We originally planned on a straight-through shot on Thursday, but are now considering a 2-day-down format.....which would be more caravan-friendly!

Brian

Contemplating departure Thursday morning, Oct. 10th and driving the approx. 510 miles to Maryville/Alcoa/S of Knoxville, TN. Considering the Hampton Inn near Maryville/Aloca/Airport. Will be a long day in the NSX as I barely fit (headroom) with the roof on. :frown:
Then Friday AM through "The Dragon", Fontana Dam, and East to I-40, then I-40 east over to Cary ( ~ 360 miles, per mapquest).

- - - Updated - - -

Contemplating departure Thursday morning, Oct. 10th and driving the approx. 510 miles to Maryville/Alcoa/S of Knoxville, TN. Considering the Hampton Inn near Maryville/Aloca/Airport. Will be a long day in the NSX as I barely fit (headroom) with the roof on. :frown:
Then Friday AM through "The Dragon", Fontana Dam, and East to I-40, then I-40 east over to Cary ( ~ 360 miles, per mapquest).

Hampton Inn, Alcoa, TN 865-983-1101 mention "Tale of the Dragon" for rate of $89 (add tax - total of $103.02) self parking, King NS, cancel by 6p date of. 148 International Ave, Alcoa, TN. I can envision an NSX parking lot party :biggrin: or a near-airport motel night. Whatever.... a decent room and some morning food. Then, The Dragon/ Fontana Dam area and to NSXPO!

Last edited:
I am time constrained for NSXPO so Mike and I are departing Farmington Hills, MI Saturday a.m. very early and will arrive in time for banquet Saturday evening and of course will participate in Sunday events. We are doing VIR so will head back to MI after track event ends on Wednesday. While I doubt anyone is travelling on our crazy schedule, if anyone is, happy to caravan one or both ways.

Best,
Jeff

Back