• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

We had quite the Sunday!

Sunday was a crisp, clear fall day so we hit two nearby car shows.

WARNING: No NSX content, sorry. :rolleyes:

First up was the 17th annual Orphan Car Show in Ypsilanti, MI. The event, which is hosted by the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum and had 263 vehicles in attendance, was held at Riverside Park in Ypsilanti and featured cars that were "orphaned" by their parent company when the company went out of business. New this year were the "barn finds" featured in the entry of the park. These classic cars are unrestored originals that were left behind.

The above mentioned "barn finds" were indeed pretty doggone gone, so I won't bore you with pics of them. But I tell ya', I wouldn't drive this thing (#17) - it's scary!

Ever paused to comtemplate where the rock band "REO Speedwagon" got its name? :confused: This truck idled smoothly and quietly at a mere 340 RPM's.

It was AMC heaven, with Marlins, Rebels, Ramblers, Ambassadors, AMX's, and...........

Yea, BABY! :biggrin: Pacers! Check this one out - what a greenhouse.

There was a showing of U K products, Austin-Healey, Jensen, MG, Triumph. When I had my first full time job that actually paid a decent salary I scoped these out, and wanted one so bad. Ah yes, be careful what you wish for...... but it was real nice to look this 1980 model over. 3.5 liter V-8 manual trans.

Wellsoafterabreak to watch some ALMS racing at COTA, we toddled up to Bakers in Milford, MI. Saw Blodi and Trevor (bad-azz white Audi TT with tuner package), and this space-ship:

I swear you never know what you will witness at this show! Delightful.

Now just when had I seen two brightly colored Murcielagos parked side-by-side here in UAW-Land? Never until today :wink:

The yellow Murci was a 2006 in fine condition, lots of carbon-fiber, and the owner was extremely pleasant. The orange was breathtaking, a 2007.

As the Bakers show wound-down, this cruiser began exiting the show -

A car pal, Johnny MacI, arrived late in his gorgeous red Pantera. Chris (axer) may have some video footage up of it soon! So he and we went down to South Lyon and met up with sca037 and nsxgal and some other fun car-o-philes. Great day.

Sorry I missed it! I was tied up. Always nice to see Jon MacI's Pantera (2013 Autorama winner)... and I see Sha-Boom with his propane-powered fame thowers made it to baker's... always a sight.

Putting out feelers for an open house / get together / NSXPO planning meeting. Sunday, September 29 at our house. Could do a drive, barbecue, talk, viewing of Senna?, discuss NSXPO caravan etc.
Tim, how about Sunday, October 6th?

We could hit Vince's Breakfast Drive (Milford) then maybe caravan to your place afterwards for the NSXPO planning meeting?

(Vince's Breakfast Drive thread; http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/no...wv/422892-breakfast-drive-sunday-oct-6-a.html)

Just a thought!
Brian

Works for me. We can plan a late lunch at our place. Any interest in Senna movie? Also, rebroadcast of the ALMS race at VIR at 5:30.

Contemplating departure Thursday morning, Oct. 10th and driving the approx. 510 miles to Maryville/Alcoa/S of Knoxville, TN. Considering the Hampton Inn near Maryville/Aloca/Airport. Will be a long day in the NSX as I barely fit (headroom) with the roof on. :frown:
Then Friday AM through "The Dragon", Fontana Dam, and East to I-40, then I-40 east over to Cary ( ~ 360 miles, per mapquest).

- - - Updated - - -

Hampton Inn, Alcoa, TN 865-983-1101 mention "Tale of the Dragon" for rate of $89 (add tax - total of $103.02) self parking, King NS, cancel by 6p date of. 148 International Ave, Alcoa, TN. I can envision an NSX parking lot party :biggrin: or a near-airport motel night. Whatever.... a decent room and some morning food. Then, The Dragon/ Fontana Dam area and to NSXPO!

I have booked a room for Brian and I at the "Tale of the Dragon" rate. Should be a hoot! :smile:
Judi

Just arrived in scenic Belleville...

Hello everybody!

After years of lusting and looking for "my kinda NSX", I was able to recently purchase Chris Willson's (Science of Speed) '96 Berlina Black beauty. Chris took really good care of it. The car is mostly stock except for the custom black/red interior, Powerslot Brakes and a SoS Sport 350 clutch. To my surprise, it already had the front bumper, fenders, mirrors and entire hood already protected with a clear bra. Whew, what a cost savings there! The car was delivered on Wed. 9/18 from Chandler, Arizona to Belleville, just off Rawsonville Road.

I expect to have the timing belt/water pump service done within the next couple of thousand miles...where do you take your cars for major service? What about oil changes, tune ups etc.? I've been surfing the site and read posts (both positive & negative) about the local Acura dealers and some specialty shops like Payn Tech. Many of the posts are dated and I'm not sure there are many specialty shops still around in SE Mich. I do know about LOVEFAB as a specialty shop, but it's kinda across the state.

Anyway, nice to finally be a member of this group and website...

Gino

Last edited:
Oil change - my house. No tune up required assuming that plugs have been changed. Check with Chris about whether service had already been done. Water pump, LMA, timing belt, possibly oil pump depending mileage - nice winter project

- - - Updated - - -

Come join us on the 6th

That beauty looks like it is all ready to outrun the 48111 zip code! :biggrin: Chris W and SOS are top notch so I know you got a good one. Pics look great.

Welcome. Be prepared for big-time oogles and all-eyes on ya around B'ville! :smile:

Congrats! Looks like a great score!!!

Wow what a superb weather day for a drive, sans T-roof :smile: 80 miles on the Imola.

West to almost Manchester, MI, never entered this "establishment" before -

https://plus.google.com/11046031183...hl=en#110460311833243694184/about?gl=us&hl=en

Then S and E to this place...... it was FULL of young talent (20-35 year old gals celebrating two area weddings and man they were fine in their finery :wink: ) -

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bridgewater-bank-tavern-bridgewater

And just had to press on E and then SW to Macon and then Mooresville, and then E to Milan for an Octoberfest (live German oompah band and tasty German cuisine)

http://ogbrewing.com/

Golden fields of soybeans are just getting ready for harvest, and corn pretty soon, too. Some of these routes were refreshed this summer with new asphalt. Got home before the Bambi's come out, 'cause they represent certain danger in the low-slung cabin-forward NSX.

Nice route! Should have joined you because I played golf like I was using shovels.

Hoping for dry at the season-ending Baker's tomorrow....

"Weather for Sunday: rain overnight, ending by early morning, sunny, clear and dry all afternoon."

Kiss my @ss Doppler 2000/4000/7000/Accuweather/and any others that I missed.

Welcome Gino, like Tim said oil changes are pretty easy on this car so not a problem for a home mechanic!

The racing at Waterford Hills was great, a couple new track records fell on Saturday...........but oh man Sunday was an unpleasant mix of wind and rain all day.

Brian

Just trying to gauge numbers. For those who just want to come over, PM me for an address

Creepers - not as comfortable as cardboard boxes.

Hahahaha! Kudos to her for wrenching under a vehicle. It seems the creeper is strictly FOR NSX USE ONLY. :D

- - - Updated - - -

That beauty looks like it is all ready to outrun the 48111 zip code! :biggrin: Chris W and SOS are top notch so I know you got a good one. Pics look great.

Welcome. Be prepared for big-time oogles and all-eyes on ya around B'ville! :smile:

Thanks! I've already experienced the "power" of the NSX as it commands people to look and stare with awe - and every once in a while compels others to give a "thumbs up"

The breakfast drive has been officially cancelled due to stormy weather......so I guess that opens things up for the pre-NSXPO meeting Sunday!

Brian

Back