• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mike from France and JHMNA11500T000814

Hello guys,

Having decided to join the community as soon as I got my hands on that beauty, here I am for a quick presentation of both of us !

As the tittle would suggest, I'm Mike 32, working in Geneva Switzerland and living on the French border.
Having seen this particular NSX, 2002 type-R replica style in a magazine 3 years ago I was very surprised when I saw it on car trade website as based in Geneva.
The Japanese performance community being relatively tight around here, it wasn't long before a good friend told me he knew the owner.
I did not want to go and see the car originally as I knew I would absolutely need it ... and then I went.
Long story short the owner was using it maybe twice a year because of work and other commitments and he had been looking for a true Honda fan to pass it on for a couple of years.
Already owning an '88 K20 powered CRX, an EG6 (93 vti Civic), a 2001 Boxster S as well as an Evo X MR, my credentials as proper a petrol head got me a good deal on the car.

Enough blabla, here we go with a few picture on this 1992 1st GEN, meticulously converted to a 2002 NSX Type-R replica (albeit with a few liberties).
It's in an incredible condition, the under-body and drive-trains are pristine, and it's only racked up 95 000kms in its 23 years of existence.

906143_494262687304980_397850916_o.jpgimage_4572.jpgIMG_8234.jpgIMG_8240.jpgIMG_20141203_231808.jpgIMG_20141203_231819.jpgIMG_20141204_124433.jpgIMG_20141203_231832.jpg

I have many projects for this baby, the most pressing being a decent suspension setup, I hope to be able to build on all the information available on the forum and the valuable members opinions :)

Mike

Hi Mike

Welcome and congrats on the ride, car looks great. I used to have a roommate from France, he made me want to hate the French. I will be in Paris in March.

Last edited:
welcome, procar has some nifty suspension for sale.

Welcome to the community and to NSX ownership - absolutely beautiful car - starting to really love the GPW look on NSX's! You are gonna love this ride. Cheers! Jay

Hi Mike,

i think that your NSX was owned by a friend of mine that lives in Geneve.

The guy he sold the car to converted the front end to 02+.

I made a thread about it here. Check it and see if yours is the same car :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I will consider Procars for the dampers. I've not made a definite choice, but as I won't track the car (that would be what my CRX-K is for) I'm inclined to go with the KW v3 as they seem to be regarded by most as the best choice for performance street cars that will need to keep a decently comfortable ride in town. I'm just looking for a good price on these for now. I've always loved Billstein Shocks, but it seems none of the modern models (B12 / B14) are available for the NA1 NSX, and I'm not sure how happy I would be with a set of B6 ... even my CRX has a set of B8 ...

I might contact the good folks at Dali racing as well, but I'm worried about my wallet with this place ... so many great upgrades there :biggrin:

Hey Nuno, that's probably the same car. I bought it from Pedro in Geneva, and him and his brother carried on the NA2 conversion.

One sure thing is the car has been clinically maintained, and I'm a bit nervous about that because I'm no "parking boy" and I plan to use it hard, and a lot more that it was until now ... from his own words, the last owner was using it twice a year ...

Last edited:
Welcome!

Welcome and Beautiful NSX you have there ... Enjoy:)
Love them White NSX's!

Back