• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mileage.....Answers??

eg9

Contributing Member
When should one worry about how much mileage is on an NSX? When is it "engine rebuild" time? This is, of course, assuming that the car is not abused and follows normal maintenance scheduling.

50K.... 100K...150K....200K....

Thanks All!

Certainly not before 200K. Brent's used nitrous, he had it rebuilt around 190K and if I recall correctly, it turned out that it was in such great shape that it was probably not necessary except for the peace of mind.

200K mile NSX

One of our Northwest members has a '91 black NSX with over 200K miles on it. The car is a daily driver and the engine has never been opened up before. It just keeps going and going and going...

pb12.jpg

Re: 200K mile NSX

Vytas said:
One of our Northwest members has a '91 black NSX with over 200K miles on it. The car is a daily driver and the engine has never been opened up before. It just keeps going and going and going...

That's because the ENERGIZER bunny lives inside the engine. :D

201,000+ miles!! Wow! Wonder how much that would go for if he decided to sell it. About $18k maybe?

Re: Re: 200K mile NSX

Joel said:
201,000+ miles!! Wow! Wonder how much that would go for if he decided to sell it. About $18k maybe?

He is selling the car to get into something newer and was talking around $27K.

Last edited:
The older a car gets, the more the market value is going to vary depending on condition, rather than model year or mileage. The condition of a 200K+ mile NSX can vary wildly, and this will have a big effect on the price he can get.

There is an NSX in Ontario with over 500,000 kilometres on it. This is Honda's pinnacle of engineering. It is well built and will run long and hard.....[fade to powerful background music and sun setting]

eg9 said:
When should one worry about how much mileage is on an NSX? When is it "engine rebuild" time? This is, of course, assuming that the car is not abused and follows normal maintenance scheduling.

50K.... 100K...150K....200K....

Thanks All!

Engine aside you have to recognize that an NSX or any car for that matter gets older, parts will wear out or eventually fail. This becomes more pronounced as the car gets older. My car recently eclipsed 100K miles. Between just before I got the car and now, the following items were replaced: scuffed radio, stuck antenna mast, miscellaneous rubber covers under the front hood, gas lifts for the trunk, shifter knob, clutch, and starter. For me personally, my only unexpected failure was the starter... but if you search the boards, people have had other problems over time (e.g. window regulators, AC, etc.).

That said, I can't think of any exotic you can drive about 20K miles per year (which is how many miles I put on my car) and average around $700-$1000 in amortized scheduled maintenance (tires excluding).

Back