• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mosport improvements -

Major improvements being done at Mosport:

http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|16428

Some of you likely know about these already.
We well recall visiting Mosport following NSXPO 2009, and going through this old gerbil-tube tunnel. Man that was one windy, rainy, and crappy Monday.

Anyway, this is good to see. Too bad this track is 334 miles away...

Great, you said Gerbil. Stu is going to be all over this thread now.

Yes, mjr work being done to Mosport. It is quite an investment. I bet track fees go up!

I didnt mind that old tunnel. It worked just fine for my car but having to close the track to get the trucks through was a PITA sometimes.

I'll make my way up there when it's all done. I don't think the track will change much if at all. It will be nice to have an option other than Stu's bath house to hang out at though.

Small blurb in the Toronto Star today on it, but it was NOT fun having a trailer and coming in to set up at a major event with not being able to fit thru the tunnel - bit lines, factory teams were first and major pain in the tush! Sounds like nice work being done between turns 8-9 and onto the front...........wicked for bikes, but nonetheless a GREAT track to race (or do track days) on..........With Fellows as an owner, maybe -just maybe we'll get some big time racing back there??? Okay, maybe just another NSX track day, rain or no rain it was a great day!

The new tunnel is nice, means rigs can come and go whenever they feel like it without shutting down the track - it also means that Dave doesn't have to bring gerbils to the track anymore....which probably will improve his driving, even though he's always claimed they improve his "seat":eek:

Stu would recruit people to come to his bath house at the track by saying that "the tunnel is the tightest at any ALMS track".

What is he going to say now?

Stu would recruit people to come to his bath house at the track by saying that "the tunnel is the tightest at any ALMS track".

What is he going to say now?

Years of use has made it larger.

Years of use has made it larger.

I think you're talking about Ron Fellows tunnel, I'm not an owner of the track....

I did get a new plate for the NSX: 2MOSPORT ! :biggrin:

Wow...I don't remember a tunnel at all...

That's like saying "I don't recall a big tower in Toronto". :rolleyes:

...Are you referring to that giant Antenna thing? :p It's HARDLY a tower. For the record, I loved that it rained heavily that day, it was the only time I got to pass people!

When I drove on to the paddock in 2009...I really don't remember there being a tunnel at all, anywhere...maybe a different entrance?

I sort of have a memory of it...it's very vague...then again, my car is pretty small so that might be why I didn't really notice it. I think that's when we were arriving...because when we were leaving, it wasn't that dark..

I also wonder where that SLR went that was hiding at the motel that morning.

I sort of have a memory of it...it's very vague...then again, my car is pretty small so that might be why I didn't really notice it. I think that's when we were arriving...because when we were leaving, it wasn't that dark..

I also wonder where that SLR went that was hiding at the motel that morning.

Red mist? :biggrin:

Back