• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Move over Plasti Dip - new product coming to market

Armor All is getting ready to bring this stuff to market. Each product is the same, just different names they are considering. Found on another forum.

wow cheap tooo , i wanted to black out my a emblems:wink:

Nice... Looks interesting.
I want to see someone else try it first though.
Curious after a year in the sun how easy does it come off?

I want people to think: That guy has 5 NSX's: black, blue, red, white, and yellow (What ever happened to his silver one?:confused:)
:biggrin:

Is this a replacement idea for those who tape up their front ends for track days?

We just started doing installs of the Plastidip here at Source 1. Stuff is incredible . Take a peek at our facebook page to see actual "dipped" cars and emblems and wheels etc, you can also see a few pics and videos on our website. I'm doing the Orange widebody next week :) Pics will be posted in the vendor showoff section.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Source-1-Automotive/128352767197049

Last edited:
Now if they only made clear Plasti Dip... Cover your entire new car in a plastic cover.. Kind of like a screen protector for your phone.

Thank you!

From a "customizers" shop perspective, this stuff is like liquid gold for your pockets. So many easy reversible changes you can do with it. The multitude of wheel color options is endless now. You want to murder out or storm trooper your ride, it's no problem now. You also don't have to have deep pockets for real paint or vinyl and the resale of the car isn't shot to hell. It really is a game changer for a lot of people. Plastidip has had the market for a bit and it was only a matter of time till others would jump into the game.

Keep a can in your trunk when running from Johnny law.

Officer #1 "be on the lookout for a Red NSX he should be coming your way"

Officer #2 "Well that's funny I just saw a blue one blow past me"

Ok, I wonder if this product could protect the paint from the horrible Florida Love bugs? Every time May rolls around my car sits under cover for 4-6 weeks untill those paint wrecking bastards die die die.............

Last edited:
Keep a can in your trunk when running from Johnny law.

Officer #1 "be on the lookout for a Red NSX he should be coming your way"

Officer #2 "Well that's funny I just saw a blue one blow past me"

Ok, I wonder if this product could protect the paint from the horrible Florida Love bugs? Every time May rolls around my car sits under cover for 4-6 weeks untill those paint wrecking bastards die die die.............

Funny you should say that, I have a place in Ft. Myers, I have an 04 honda odyssey down there ( people hauler ) every year prior to this we have had a grand caravan or town and country. Those things have killed the front end of those vans. My parents just went down Monday for a vacation and I shipped a few cans of clear there for my dad to spray on the odyssey. So it will be a test. But I'm 1200 miles into driving with it on my TL and have literally washed the front end and the bugs come off. Have yet to even use any sort of brush on the car. High pressure hose gets rid of all the dirt. I'm super impressed so far.

How hard is this stuff to remove if a high pressure sprayer won't touch it???

Doesn't look that difficult.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m5H69eMjUXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We just started doing installs of the Plastidip here at Source 1. Stuff is incredible . Take a peek at our facebook page to see actual "dipped" cars and emblems and wheels etc, you can also see a few pics and videos on our website. I'm doing the Orange widebody next week :) Pics will be posted in the vendor showoff section.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Source-1-Automotive/128352767197049

Interesting..........didn't realize there was plastidip smoke for tail lights.

I'm familiar with Plasti-Dip that you can use to dip tools in, and have used their rattle can product.

Is this done with a rattle can or mixed and shot from a spray gun? It doesn't seem that it would go on evenly, or that there would be sags if not. ?

I'm familiar with Plasti-Dip that you can use to dip tools in, and have used their rattle can product.

Is this done with a rattle can or mixed and shot from a spray gun? It doesn't seem that it would go on evenly, or that there would be sags if not. ?

Most use either a spray can for small things or a Wagner electric spray gun for big projects.

How hard is this stuff to remove if a high pressure sprayer won't touch it???

It is incredibly easy. Look at the video of removal off the headlight of the TL. Its that easy. The thicker you lay it when you install it the easier it is to pull off when you want.

Same stuff!

I use it in gallon containers. Actually.. 5 gallon buckets now because I am doing so much of it.

We use a Wagner gun. If you lay it correctly you will get no sags or high low spots. Its not the easiest thing to learn to do. I re sprayed the hood on the TL last night because I sprayed from to far of a distance away from it and it left a rough surface.. Went back and re sprayed at 6-8 inches away and its perfect now. We also have the spray cans for small jobs such as tail lights, emblems etc.

Back