• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MPX's 92 NSX -I am now an NSX Owner

I never did think I would get all the way to actually owning one of these. I am still having some buyers remorse, and of course worrying about every little thing about the car. The abridged story:
About 5 months ago, I discovered a place in Cinci that sells salvaged JDM motors (huh... what does this have to do with an NSX?) I owned a 1999 Civic hatch and really wanted a JDM Type R Civic or replica... so I began to save cash for the engine, then cash for a whole front clip, eventually had a fairly good chunk of money. So one day while surfing through EBAY looking at JDMI discover these NSXs that are selling at like incredibly low prices,in fact as much as I had saved up for a front clip for my hatch.So I said screw the hatchback, lets get an NSX, only to discover they were hoax listings... but it got the ball rolling because, it sent me down a path to start saving more money for an NSX. So I started selling gutars and other audio hardware, and raised a fair amount of money but not NSX money. Then outof the blue, I came into some inheritance that I didnt know about, that literally got me into the NSX money territory...
So then the real quest started, I missed an opportunity for one in FL. There was one in Columbus, but it was very expensive, there was one in cinci had to many miles, and then a semihoax one in Cali. At that point I set some parameters for the purchase and the searches, 500 mile radius, $35k and under in price, as close to stock as possible, any color, That led me to a rather obscure listing in a Tennessee CL for the car I bought. After about amonth of negotiations and tracking and timing issues, my son got down to Tenn to check the car out, and 2 weeks later I went down and finished the deal.
the good:blk/blk 92 with 39k miles, TB/WP/Valves and hoses replaced about 5 yrs ago, complete service history, all manuals even the window sticker. All the options, phone, CD changer and Radar!!! Completely stock, just a K&N filter, and I have the orig airbox. New tires. Interior in excellent shape and the car runs really strong, drove it ~400 miles back to Ohio with zero issues
the bad:He just had the A/C brain replaced but it doesnt seem to be working with A/C unless I am missing something about the way it is supposed to work... I can hear the compressor kick in, but no cold air,like the flap isnt flapping or something. one minor ding thru the paint on the passenger side front fender, and 5-6 small scratches and parking lot dings, a little bolster wear and one or 2 dings on the console. The clutch seems a little grabby/shaky on take off but the car runs smoother than my TL Type S.
All in all even with the issues I think I got a pretty good deal, there is no way to buy miles back on a car, or undo some mods,or their after-effects and the rest of these issues are fixable.

I just washed it and here are some pics, thanks to everyone on the site who helped me, offered to help me, or even helped me without knowing it
MPX
SDSCN1471.jpgSDSCN1474.jpg

SDSCN1478.jpg SDSCN1480.jpg
SDSCN1485.jpg

Congratulations. Looks like a nice clean, low mileage, original NSX. Not many around from the early years. As far as worrying about every little thing, just remember it's a Honda. Drive it and enjoy it. We all worry about these rare cars that we are fortunate enough to own. But, it's also a 20 year old car and air conditioning issues are common to the early year NSXs and most Hondas of that age for that matter. There are a lot of threads on that issue on prime so there is likely a solution to your specific problem. Your car has been driven less than 2K miles/yr which is impressive but it was built to be driven so show it off and enjoy the experience. I think the car is a definite keeper and you made a great buy.

Congrats and welcome to the NSX Community! Looks like a sweetheart! Drive her well!

Thanks guys I did a low side recharge this morning that seemed to fix the a/c problem, so maybe a leak fast or slow... time will tell, fortunately according to the service records it already was switched over the R134 and the condenser fansand fuses checked out.

MPX (worried about it)

Back