• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mugen S1-R Buckets

Hey folks. Just got a late Christmas present and wanted to share. Big thanks to Shad @ DrivingAmbition.com for the hook up with the seats and rails. Can't remember the last time I had such great customer service....well, maybe Hardtopguy.com.:smile:
After tracking the car for the first time last year, I needed to lower my seats for better headroom. (I am only 5/9, and my helmet hit the roof). I went with the Mugen S1-Rs and Mugen Rails. The increased headroom is close to 3 inches! I have the seats on the lowest settings. Also, for you tall guys, if I push these seats all the way back....I can not even come close to reaching the pedals, so expect some better leg room.

The install should have been much easier...but it's me after all and every 30 minute job for me takes 3 hours.:biggrin: Best advice I can give is to tighten down the front bolts first then do the rears. We thought we were screwed because the holes did not line up, but after tightening down the front bolts, the back lined up perfectly.

Fit- I mentioned the headroom above, but I wanted to mention the waste. I have a 34 inch waste and these snug up nicely. You will not move around!

Weight reduction= Stock seats were about 42 pounds each vs 23 pounds for the Mugens.
Weight saving vs stock= 38 lbs

As for the looks, you tell me.:biggrin:
2204289116_5ac5871c90.jpg

2203498057_1b682be4b3.jpg

2203498135_a5e20e2f0b.jpg

2204289216_0d1ee789d0.jpg

2204291574_149cd03139.jpg

Last edited:
Hey folks. Just got a late Christmas present and wanted to share. Big thanks to Shad @ DrivingAmbition.com for the hook up with the seats and rails. Can't remember the last time I had such great customer service....well, maybe Hardtopguy.com.:smile:

Weight reduction= Stock seats were about 42 pounds each vs 23 pounds for the Mugens.
Weight saving vs stock= 38 lbs

2204291574_149cd03139.jpg

Sounds like the seats (weight reduction) as a late Christmas present would be just what many of us need afer all those *healthy* meals we ate.

Those seats look awesome and it's a nice continuation of the black/red theme. The car keeps looking sportier with each combo addition.

I can't wait to try them out!

Back