• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MvM: Alive but not so kicking (for the moment)

Guys (and gals of course)

Thanks for the warm welcome back on the forum ;-)
It's good to read all these posts and get all this support from fellow owners. Don't really know what to say or do. But would like you all to know it really touches me.

As for the accident itself, I was chasing a GT3 and doing fine. Had (finally) put on the Stoptech Aerorotors the Friday before with new Axxis pads from Dali and bled the brakes. The TEIN-suspension was working perfect and I did not have any problems with the car whatsoever, no fade, no oversteer, not anything. Actually, I had a passenger with me and had promised to take along some others as well. I was just finishing my last lap before the cool-down lap when the accident happened at the Eau Rouge-turn. For those who don't know Spa, its after the 180 degree turn at the end of the straight (La Source) where you go downhill, then through the chicane and then up along Eau Rouge in a long sweeping left turn. You have to keep your foot on the pedal and keep your line. My mistake was to go just a little to the right when I got on top to give a car behind me more room. At that point the road was going from upwards to horizontal so your car is a bit light at that point. The tail came around and I was too late to catch it. Problem is, at that point there is no gravel to slow you down so the car spun around and hit the tirewall backwards, then hit it again on the right side. I was bracing myself for the impact and probably holding on to the wheel too much and wasn't sitting fully in the chair. That's what probably caused the injury. The passenger was luckily unharmed.

Of course, afterwards, it's always easy to tell where and when you went wrong but alas, to late to do anything about it.

And again, I would like to thank everyone for all the support the have and still are giving me.

It's good to be back posting here on Prime ;)

As for the car, here is a picture from the back.

Attachments

• acc3.jpg
    acc3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 527
glad to hear that you are okay!

it looks like to me that your car is a perfect candidate for a comptech widebody conversion (if that is your type of thing). It may even be cheaper that fixing with oem parts...

best wishes to a quick recovery.

Allen

Back