• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

my 1st project car

well i saw NEONSX's post to that "bling bling" civic. and he's actually someone i know and i used to regularly compete with. not that i'd do so well next to him at HIN, but i could stand decently my own ground at shows like: Importshowoff, etc. Well i wanted to post some pictures of my 1999 Honda Civic Si project car, and see what you guys think. Its been through 2 major changes. the first style was more the TYPICAL import style. bright color, loud is good, etc. haha... :p

but on the 2nd version and makeover of the car; i really started to go with a more aggressive/performance appeal. in NO WAY am i saying my car was a performance stopper. but i also don't think it was an ALL SHOW NO GO sort of deal. i did the BEST i could for a civic to see what could be done with some good quality parts like: brembo, aem, vortech, racinghart, bomex, etc... hope you guys like it.

let me know what you guys think... btw; the civic is now sold and shipped off to OSLO, Norway. Someone over there is probably enjoying it right now. now i have a 1993 red/blk nsx. well it WAS red... :D (more to come on that later)...

VERSION 1 Civic

VERSION 2 Civic

VERSION 1

pic14.jpg

pic28.jpg

pic35.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic26.jpg

You know what, I actually like these 'riced' civics. I know alot of people here have made their disdain for these types of cars known, but I know it takes alot of blood sweat and tears to put something like that together. I like both versions, but I like the yellow one more--I like the 'blingier' bling bling.

Incidentally, I am working on doing something similar to my '95 Honda Accord. It's my beater car until my NSX gets back from Gerry's shop. It's gonna be a gift to my GF. I might need to get some advice from you later.:D

P.S. what is the front chin spoiler on version 1? It looks like a buddy club front on version 2, but I haven't seen that front before. Is it available for a '95 accord?

its actually a full replacement front bumper. its grounddesigns2000's street fighter 2 bumper. i believe their website is:

GroundDesigns2000.com

give them a call, they should have an application for your 95 accord. thanks!

daniel

btw - what is getting done to your nsx with gerry?

Very NICE!! I would have to say that I like version 1 better. Here is a link for some pictures of my wife's Ford Probe show car.

Ford Probe

We are going through a complete redesign of the interior right now to compete better at Hot Import Nights.

I can appreciate a well put together show car. But I have always wondered why some people put stuff like this in a car that is supposed to look race-inspired --- since you had one in your car maybe you can enlighten me?

Attachments

• pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 190
xsn said:
I can appreciate a well put together show car. But I have always wondered why some people put stuff like this in a car that is supposed to look race-inspired --- since you had one in your car maybe you can enlighten me?

Actually, there are a couple of reasons.
1. Follow a theme in the car.
2. More points for props that work with theme.
3. Crazy about pikachue
4. Maybe pikachue's lighting bolt give the car its power (LOL! JK..):p

It makes it fun too!!:D

well while all the above reason are probably true... :D
my ex-girlfriend was a super fanatic of 'pokemon'...
she thought they were super cute or something. anyways,
she was really supportive in many ways while i fixed
up my civic. with her investing some of her money to
help me fix up my civic; having her put her pickachu in my
car was the least i could do to return a favor :confused: :rolleyes: :D hahah.... PLUS MY SUPER NITROUS 1,000 HP gain system trigger button is hidden inside pickachu's belly. you squeeze him, and you get instant boost... jk

i agree. i can't say that it was my most favorite graphic. specially considering its so simliar to the 'fast and furious' style... but since it being the official bomex graphics; all the sponsored cars of bomex USA had to use them =) haha... plus winning "hottest vinyl graphics" at local shows helps justify why i have them too.. haha

all the sponsored cars of bomex USA had to use them =) haha... plus winning "hottest vinyl graphics" at local shows helps justify why i have them too.. haha

Does that mean all the bomex cars won as they all had bomex graphics?:confused:

The judges suck that way some times, i was constantly told i would get more points if i had airbrushing just to fit into the (then) current craze. boo!

not all of the bomex cars would win. which didn't make sense. but yeh; i hate sometimes having to do something for the sake of just points... to some degree; i didn't want to bend. like chroming out your suspension... that doesn't make senes??? it doesn't help performance at all; and its something NO ONE can see or appreciate unless you pull off your wheels or jack up the car...BIG WHOOP :p

btw, just a quick off "did you know" kind of deal... if you guys either own the: fast and the furious (part 1 dvd) TRICKED OUT edition or the 2 fast 2 furious dvd; there's a prequel segment for part 2 in it. its like the 10 minute feature that links part 1 and part 2 together; on how paul walker gets to miami with his skyline SOMEHOW :confused: but anyways; during one of the race sequences in arizona; paul walker is racing his 3000gt, against the VERSION 2 of my car... :p

Back