• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MY adventure begins!

Greetings all, this is my first post on Prime :smile: , I've been lurking here off and on for almost ten years and finally ready to join the ranks of NSX ownership.

I have always appreciated the NSX design and function and just knew that someday I would have one. Well, the time has finally come. Not sure what finally pushed me over the edge but a bit of "if I don't do it now I never will" pushed me over the edge. I became serious about ownership almost two years ago and watched many cars come up for sale and then just not pull the trigger for one reason or another, many of the cars I followed the new owners posting on here with much pride in their recent acquisition and pure joy.

So now MY adventure begins! Originally I started to seek out a 02+ in red or black... well, I am now flying out to San Diego to pick up a lovely 98 black w tan interior Sunday :smile:. And on top of that, rather than having it shipped, I am going to drive it home about 1800 miles :eek: with my lovely companion who will hopefully still speak to me after this is all over.... This should be an interesting journey to say the least and I'm both excited and anxious trying to think of the details and getting the car, and us, home in pristine condition. I figured that I wouldn't likely ever make a trip like this again so why not use this as a great excuse to drive the countryside and see the various sites on the way home.

We should be on the road home to Nebraska starting the 12th, so wish us luck and hopefully the weather won't interfered with the travels and we make it back on time and in perfect shape.

Cheers!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great adventure. Make sure you chronicle the trip with lots of pictures. I did my journey from Indiana to New York solo. My wife and I had young kids at the time. Should be fun doing it with a partner. Enjoy.

best of luck.Think about buying a used oem bra,or at least some blue painters tape....there are always perils on on an interstate journey of that length....like tumble weeds,armadillos,goats,ect...:wink:

your wife with throw up as in the passengerseat you feel like your on a rollercoaster, My wife cant even ride in it well mine is lowered so being 2 inches off the gorund may have something to do with it.

congrats great way to get to know the car.

check your tires the DOT stamp. make sure they are newer heres an example

thO65VD2PH.jpg

Tires1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

when I purchased a 2002 in CA before I made the long trip back to FL I had all new tires put on. so I knew there would be no tires issues.

- - - Updated - - -

and trusting the penny on the tire test doesn't really mean crap

Fantastic first post and I am SUBSCRIBED :biggrin:

PICS begin on the 12th, right :wink:

Wow! Sounds exciting! There are many parts of me that wants to buy an out of state car in FL and then eat my way home back to Los Angeles as I drive in a newly purchased NSX.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the painters tape idea and may need to ponder that thought a bit. Tires should be good as the seller recently replaced those. Apparently I have already forgotten the password to my log in and can't get in on my iPhone so will need to do some adjustments there. Also need to work on how to post pictures from here.

Appreciate the advice gang, off to bed and SAN here we come.

Keep us posted and leave yourself enough time to enjoy the ride. I drove mine 900 miles to get mine home on the first day of ownership. It was a dream but I was too rushed. Take a lot of pictures and post!

Congrats on the purchase and safe travels to you. Enjoy the walk-away look-back syndrome :biggrin:
Be prepared to answer lots of random questions at gas stations.

Congrats on your purchase and hope the trip went well! Better post soon or we'll all begin to worry!

Dave

Hi all and sorry for the delay in updating this, I obviously didn't account for all the things going on this week on top of taking an epic journey with the NSX and my Lovely Companion (LC) we appreciate the comments and warm welcome.

We did arrive last Thursday night safe and in tact, and LC is still speaking to me. Total journey was just shy of 2000 miles and will certainly be something I won't forget anytime soon. We took an interesting path home and got to see some sites I likely never would have so it was well worth it on that account.

That all said I can't say it went perfectly smoothly and believe I encountered a stuck thermostat midway home. Car wouldn't warm up and definitely didn't like the crazy cold temperatures for most of the second have of the trip. Thanks to a kind lady at a mountain gas station, I covered 2/3 of the radiator with cardboard to finally get the temp up enough to let the heater make warm air and get the car to proper temp. I may need to look for advice on this issue to get resolved soon.

Glad to be home and the car is in serious need of a thorough cleaning. The quick bath I gave just didn't remove 2000 miles worth of grime. I'm hopeful to get the temp issue sorted soon and gain confidence in the overall package.

Thanks again and and cheers to my new NSX ownership , once I figure out how to get pictures off phone I'll get a couple posted.

Glad you made it home okay and the LC is still talking to you lol.

Your thermostat issue should be a simple fix. Take this opportunity to replace some other stuff while you are at it. It will give you some peace of mind.

Get some pics up!

Back