• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My "build"

Well my status seats were shipped out a week ago and the new owner installed them. I have to say I haven't had stock seats in my car for quiet sometime. It's had to be about 5 years since I switched them out for Bride Gias, then the Status Ring GT's. I guess maybe it's what your used too because I feel that the stock seats are just odd and that there's to much padding in the lower back area for me. I'll be putting buckets back in my car shortly, but not before I get my turbo redone.

I wanted to post this in the vendor section but fear of it being removed and since there won't be to many updates along the way I figured why not here.

I dropped my car off at Justin's "DMS Performance" in PA about a week ago. I've been having this boost creep issue and never got it figured out, after getting so frustrated of wasting time and effort, coupled with the fact my car is still stored up north and I can't work on it I wanted to drop it off to a pro. I've seen Justin's work in person before and have had minor work done in the past. The work though this time is as outlined below.

-AN fittings and lines from the fuel tank
-Rerouting fuel lines
-Aeroquip fuel pressure regulator
-Aeroquip fuel filter
-Machined Aluminum fuel rails
-Digital fuel pressure wiring to my aem to read in the cabin
-Electronic boost controller
-Rebuild turbo
-Custom headers
-Custom Y pipe
-Custom exhaust
-Retuning to hit the mark I was previously at with lower boost with stressing my engine less and making it more efficient.
-And a few other things in store as well

After the turbo's reworked, a ride height kit will be installed, and my 02 conversion that's been collecting dust for about 6 years will hopefully be put on.

Just an update. On a short vacation now up north. Was planning on picking up my car from Justin at DMS but precision took a long time "longer than expected time" to rebuild my turbo. In any case if you choose to rebuild your components just make sure you allow for an extended amount of time since we were waiting on the turbo go get rebuild and shipped back. Nothing Justin could have done and we were at the mercy of precision which their customer service is horrible.

I don't understand how the car industry works still. It baffles my mind that you can give such horrible service and still be in business, with one of the largest turbo manufacturers I would expect a lot better, but then again it is the car industry so whatever.

Here's some updates on my build. I've been busy and this order took a lot longer than expected on my end. Mainly because the A pillars needed to be figured out but once they were oh they turned out so nice!

Sduff@Composites full carbon headliner, Seatbelt panels, and A pillars. Made from scratch and fully replaceable parts.
CF_.jpg

Sduff Type R seat. This was a personal project and this is the test piece. The seats going in my car will be exactly the same as the type R seats. The kevlar fabric has been sourced a long time back and I finished the mold quiet some bit ago, just need to get one done to get it off to the upholster and get some quotes on fabric.
Seat22.jpg

Seat11.jpg

Ok now back to being on vacation and eating my way around Philadelphia and gaining 20lbs.

Great stuff Steve.
I was under the impression that carbon kevlar has a yellowish color to it ?
Is the seat pictured (with the brick holding it down) your prototype ?

I thought ,when he finished that seat and saw the awesomeness he sh%t a brick....:tongue:

Haha. Thats a strong possibilty, or that the seat is so light that it will float away if not anchored by a large brick.

Haha when I popped it out of the mold I did almost since it was so nice looking! The first part out is always like that since you're wondering if things stick or are damaged and ect.

It's light and yes that's the prototype and test piece. It'll make a nice office chair :)

Seats look superb Steve ... if you get the padding correct they will be the most comfortable you have had in your NSX. Im sitting in DFR's and love them.

What are you plans for runners?

I'vd been in the works with potentially teaming up and combining forces so everything I make would potentially be readily available. Nothing is set though since we're still working out the details.

I will be making at least 4 seats though for myself and another friend. Just need to find time.

Just an update. I wish I could upload pictures right now but for some reason this computer is being difficult.

I should be getting my car back from Justin at DMS around Christmas. It'll be one of the best Christmas presents ever hopefully! He's done a lot of things and has helped me a ton with suggestions. I also have a ton of parts accumulating. I'll list the following parts not in any particular order and also things in the future.

Parts currently sitting and waiting.
-VRH front kit to go with my kw clubsports
-Front Stoptech Trophy Brakes with slotted rotors
-2x Taitec Nsx type R sliders
-Stmpo Rear aluminum bumper beam
-Sduff Composites Carbon Fiber Arm Rest
-Sduff Composites Carbon Fiber rear bulkhead
-Sduff Composites Carbon Fiber center speaker
-Sduff Composites Carbon Fiber A pillars
-Sduff Composites Carbon Fiber rear rectangle panels
-Advan RZ in Gunmetal "Which may be up for grabs if someone wants them"

Projects and next items on the list
-Foundry Motor Mounts
-Stoptech trophy rear brakes
-Brembo E brake
-Sduff Composites Nsx R replica Seats "Doing the first one hopefully this week"
-Omp superquadro carbon fiber wrapped steering wheel "I have zero experience in upholstery but hell a steering wheel can't be to hard right?"
-Sduff Composites Carbon Fiber window switch bezels "Working on the mounting points"
-02 conversion I'm still itching to do. It's been about 6 years and I still have the stacy sides, DF type R hood and Headlights...

Last edited:
^Great stuff Steve! Your build is looking good and future plans exciting. I'd be interested in hearing your feedback when you install ST BBK compared to your current BBK.

I can already tell you I'm excited to put the Stoptech trophies on. They look so nice sitting in the box!

On direct comparison looks wise they are both anodized. Really both the Wp had and trophies have awesome finishes. I've seen the regular stoptechs and they look good too. Just for tracking and longevity I like anodized items more than painted.

I opted for slotted rotors this time. Last time I ended up spider web cracking mine at vir, all 4 which I hear is normal with the track temps I was running at that day with no duct work. I'm no pro either so I was probably heavy on my brakes too.

I'll be able to get a full review up in the next few months but I stoptechs are proven. They've been around for years and some of the fastest guys on here run them. I'm sure there's better out there but we are probably splitting hairs at that point.

^Agreed! I've had the trophies on my mind for quite some time lol. Would you mind PM'ing me details on your set (price/where you purchased)? I'm looking forward to the review! In the meantime, how about a picture of the set looking pretty in the box? Lol.

^Agreed! I've had the trophies on my mind for quite some time lol. Would you mind PM'ing me details on your set (price/where you purchased)? I'm looking forward to the review! In the meantime, how about a picture of the set looking pretty in the box? Lol.

I'll shoot you a PM. Here's a picture of the brakes I took after unboxing. They're boxed back up though for now.
StoptechTrophy.jpg

At my old age I rarely get impressed. Maybe when I unmolded this seat I was expecting for it to lock to my mold, or rip a part of my mold off, or damage my mold beyond repair, or something else happen, but you get the picture... Making parts has been a hobby of mine for quiet a while. I make them mostly because there's certain items nobody else makes. Then there's the items I make just to make and so I can make them better or improve them since there may have been a minor issue with the ones I've seen, sat in, or had in my possession. This is the first seat and only 1 of 4 currently I plan on making.

Item Highlights
-Full carbon fiber like all my parts, or shall I say one layer of carbon/kevlar...
-Layup method like all my parts are infusion
-Epoxy, again all my parts
-Kevlar reinforced areas where the bolt holes are along with extra carbon for strength
-Carbon used was 6k 790ksi 40msi carbon fiber, and 24k biaxial.

seat3.jpg

My pick up date for my car is Monday before Christmas. It's been at the final stages for quite a while now and without any foreseen curve balls it should be finally done. It's been a while so I can't wait. I've been accumulating parts in the meantime and doing random projects to keep busy. This is my latest.

I was first inspired by Ravi at Umbrella design to do this. I saw a picture probably about 6 years ago and fell in love with this wheel. However being expensive at the time 1k I believe and a delivery date of an undisclosed time I never pulled the trigger.

Fast forward a bit until today I can finally put one in my car. Although the stitching is a little rough it's black since choosing red stitching only on the steering wheel or contrast stitching in general to me looks off unless you have it elsewhere on your car.

Not bad for my first time wrapping a steering wheel and doing upholstery.
ompcarbonwheel.jpg

Nice work!!!!

Seat shells are done. Now going to get things upholstered.

Just got my Stoptech trophy rears the other week and now just needing the e brake.

Also have the type r trim ring, screws and type s horn button to go with the steering wheel.

Full Carbon window switch bezels are nearly done.

And my custom refinished wheels will be done shortly too.

Car is set for pick up early next week from Justin at Dms performance.

Looking forward to seeing all the updated pics and some video's if you can of the new set up. Hopefully the weather will stay warm upnorth so you can enjoy a drive.

Hey Stephen... been a long time fan of your car as I have peeped through your thread here and there and of course keeping up with it on facebook and instagram... Never until just now though, had I gone through the entire thread post by post. WOW!!! I am sure glad I did as our conversations over the past 1-2 years sort of all make sense now. Honestly never even knew you were turbo'd. Most guys that run a turbo are like vegans, they will mention to you about it within the first minute of conversation... lol... I like how you keep a low profile. All your parts are of ridiculous quality; no expense has been spared on your build. Awesome work man, looking forward to updates to come!!

Back