• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Friend Loves Me

This morning I got a call from a good friend of mine who is FINALLY graduating from Georgia Tech. He was bored and had some extra time before graduation so he decided to make me something.

20120502_215824.jpg

20120502_165155.jpg

alex-2.png

It is made from Plexiglas and is 1/2 inch thick cut with hydro plasma type cutter using water and granite.

He has always loved my NSX and when I met him about 7 years ago, all he wanted was a ride.

Anyway I was SO touched and excited thinking about where I was going to put this.

He said he wanted to make me the silhouette but he couldn't find a good image. I provided him with one this afternoon and this is what I get this evening.

imagejpeg_2g.jpg

I told him to make some more and to sell them but he only did this for the hell of it.

Now I have two one of a kind pieces for the NSX:biggrin:

Thank you for my bored Georgia Tech Buddy! Happy Graduation!

dope,how lucky

Awesome!!!

I'll take one of each, They'd look great on my desk at work!! :biggrin:

That's really cool

It's obvious your friend could make a few bucks on this forum. You should pass that along to him.
I'd like to be on the order list.

Last edited:
Light it up like a translucent gemstone!
Put it on a milky white plexi with light underneath...use a red or blue or whatever coloured gel to bottom light that sucker!

See Alex....We love u 2!....Your Ride DOES Rules:biggrin:
Let the RedNeck have his HotRod going straight only below 55 and feeling close to God.:eek::eek:

Thank you guys, I had fun doing that show.

I will use these plaques as my trophy!

Those are amazing. I definitely pay for one of each! :biggrin:

If you could somehow get some red LED's to glow underneath :eek:

Awesome!!!

I'll take one of each, They'd look great on my desk at work!! :biggrin:

Ditto I have a curio cabinet full of NSX stuff from matchbox to models to diecast. These would be great! :biggrin:

Guys, he is an ENGINEER from Georgia Tech...........these type of guys build stuff and leave the selling to others. :smile::smile:

Lloyd Dobler: I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

Guys, he is an ENGINEER from Georgia Tech...........these type of guys build stuff and leave the selling to others. :smile::smile:

Lloyd Dobler: I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

My friend who made this has also invented, created and thought of sooooo many things but he doesn't want to sell him. I on the other hand see the value in products.

I heard an engineer once say he has created 100s of products over time that have generated close to a billion dollars in sales. He sold those 100s of products over time for less than a million total. That is the mind of an engineer.

Very cool NSX pieces.He must love you. Did you give him some good loving for them lol?

That is awesome!

I wish I would have thought of that. I've used that very machine at the Mechanical Engineering lab to etch "S2000" on my old wallet.

May have to sneak back in....

It's obvious your friend could make a few bucks on this forum. You should pass that along to him.
I'd like to be on the order list.

The machines belong to the school....as soon as someone found out there would be huge legal issues. Trust me....I've thought about this 2 years ago haha.

Back