• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new chariot

I just purchased a 2019 BMW M4 competition in grey mineral metallic with sakkir orange seats today after going back and forth for about a year. I love this car!
It's definitely a worthy successor to the NSX. Even with all the upgrades and motor build I did to my NSX, this M4 would absolutely destroy it. I'll upload some pics here later. My only tiny complaints is a mechanical tilt steering wheel and a kinda poopie sounding exhaust. Everything else is just awesome.
It will do until the 2020 M5 comp comes down in price in a year or so.

Congrats on your new purchase. Still feel sorry for your NSX. Watch out for those slippery puddles. Cant wait to see the photos.

Thanks. I'll miss the car, but it faded away rather quickly once I got my big check from haggerty. I took most of it and refurnished my new house with high end furniture and upgrades. Cars depreciate. Homes, not so much...
These new M cars are amazing though. They're very street livable and wickedly quick.

Last edited:
Nice to see you got a respectable check after your car went to NSX-Heaven. :)

Congrats, Jinks! That’s a decent, modern ride.

Awesome. Glad you found the exact color you have been looking for. I'll be interested to hear how you like the DCT vs a 6spd.

Awesome. Glad you found the exact color you have been looking for. I'll be interested to hear how you like the DCT vs a 6spd.
It gets a little weird just tooling around. But it has 3 shift settings to play with.

Always loved M4 styling and proportions and everything. But would never be able to pick it up over M3/M5, mostly due to growing up where fast four door is a thing. Congrats and enjoy!

Last edited:
I'm over my quota for pics. I'll make a video and post the url

Congrats, any plans for mods?
ZERO MODS!!! This car is fantastic straight out the gate. Only add on's will be oem bmw carbon aero bits.

Last edited:
I will eventually get a oem carbon lip, oem carbon spoiler, and a gt rear carbon diffuser. Everything else is staying exactly the was it was when it came from Germany. Oh, maybe the M performance steering wheel with the built in shift light/g meter/lap and drag race timer too...:biggrin:

Last edited:
now do your self a favor and do a novice track day with chin....

You should really shop and drive the DCT again. Try the dynamic shift settings. It's a really good transmission.

now do your self a favor and do a novice track day with chin....
I plan on it. Braman in West Palm has their own track up north where they said I can bring it to as well. This car handles so much better than my X. that's why I am so dialed back of touching anything. I'm not a car engineer. I'm an ac engineer.:biggrin:

You should really shop and drive the DCT again. Try the dynamic shift settings. It's a really good transmission.

I'm going to give it a second try. But man did the first one I drove shift harsh.

I'm going to give it a second try. But man did the first one I drove shift harsh.
The dynamic shift mode in setting 3 is bonkers. Setting 2 is perfect but still can be jerky, setting 1 is like driving a Tahoe.

Ya know, it's really great to buy super cheap carbon fiber parts that actually fitt the car. I got a rear spoiler for 200 bucks from amazon and a rear 3 piece diffuser for 300 bucks. Quality is way better than any Nsx part I have ever encountered too. Just saying....

Ya know, it's really great to buy super cheap carbon fiber parts that actually fitt the car. I got a rear spoiler for 200 bucks from amazon and a rear 3 piece diffuser for 300 bucks. Quality is way better than any Nsx part I have ever encountered too. Just saying....

They were probably made by Tamoske. Lol.

Back