• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My New to me Mint R-77

shawn110975

Suspended
Ok guys I did it again, I was contacted by another member with the heads up on this
1992 Red/Ivory it was currently being stored at Car Collector museum with 6 warehouses
Filled with every car you can imagine. This collection is the second biggest in the USA, its private and it not viewed by the public.

Its location is in New Orleans and I was shocked at what kind of cars this unnamed person had it was insane.

Anyway this car was owned by Senator Ken Hollis of New Orleans, he passed away a couple years ago and it was passed on to his 3 sons which put the majority of the miles on the car having some spirited fun. Here is a little about him

“ Ken Hollis, the state senator whose dogged approach to lawmaking helped cement Louisiana as a home for state-sponsored property insurance, legalized gambling and the New Orleans Saints football team “
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/09/ken_hollis_former_state_senato.html

Anyway about this NSX
This Red R-77 doent even have a rock chip on the whole car. It is a 10 exterior. The interior is a 9.5 since I need to clean the leather then it will be a 10 but all and all this car is so perfect.
Now I am not a R-77 kinda guy but with its history and condition it was worth the cash.

Senator Ken Hollis purchased the car in 1996 with 24K milse currently it has 90K. all service records and paper work followed the car to me. And one day to the future owner. I purchased this car as an investment. For future NSX purchases.

I left Tampa Monday morning and drove the car back to tampa got home about 2:45am it was quick, no issues and was a great run, cruise control set at 90 most of the way.
I am going to sleep now I am so freaking tired but will post some pics if I can tomorrow here is one in front of the Mercedes Benz SuperDome I took with my cell phone monday morning.
Yes its running I stopped the car ran across the street to take the pic before the light changed LOL

2013-05-06_11-42-19_803.jpg

Last edited:
So are you going to drive it or let it sit? How long are you planning on keeping it?

I dont know yet I have only been home for 14 hours LOL

but this week I am going to remove the ivory carpets and shampoo them they are dirty but no wear at all, the driver seat has almost no wear. and I may return teh car to stock stereo system. it have alpine everything. huge amp in the trunk huge kicker woofer in the passenger footwell. etc. I need to get it to my shop and go thru it still. but its something I love to do.
stay tuned guys for updates in the Build section.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and if you're still willing to part with it after you're done cleaning it up. Congrats and keep us posted.

whoa, how did you find it???

I too have an investment car, my NSX as well, and I know what you mean when you can find a good deal. BUY IT. :)

Last edited:
wow never knew there was someone in my home town with the second biggest collection of cars as i rarely spot any exotics around town. i wonder who has the largest collection?

R-77 = paint code for FORMULA RED.
like we really need another way to define a Red NSX :tongue:

You could say "Fastest Color." I kid, go'n to find my flame suit. :smile:

Shawn, from New Orleans and no fish under the seats or anything, correct? It sounds like you found yourself a nice car. I'll be watching it to appear under the Build thead.

Wow, awesome! How many NSXs do you have now? :eek:

Nice find Shawn, how many NSX you have now Shawn? I lost count

Im down to 2 now. we all know what happened to one of them :frown: sold the other to KrazyUkrain in PA. I have 2 more that I am looking at.

" tring to corner the market as it were "

I really need to go full time now my shop is maxed out now and only me to work in it. thinking about hiring a hot blonde college chick to answer the phones
but my wife wouldnt like that LOL

Thought you already had the car sold to someone in Texas? Great find. I have driven that route from New Orleans to Tampa in the past when I purchased a Porsche Carrera Cabriolet a few years ago. Having now driven both cars, I would much rather make the trip in my NSX. Glad you made it home safe and decided not to climb any walls on this trip.

no not sold yet... LOL but texas is not the state he is in. LOL I may keep this thing its to nice to sell.

ok I washed it and removed the 3000 lovebugs off the front then clayed the car, waxed it and during this process I was looking for rock chips and I found maybe 3 and they were the diameter of a human hair. exterior is 100% mint
interior I will start cleaning it tomorrow. will post some pics tomorrow if i can

Shawn, are you concerned about any water damage, it being a Nola car and all that?

this car wasnt in new orleans when the flooding happend I was told it was in another state at a summer house or something. trust me this car has no damage it whole life.

update: full interior removed and hand cleaned. timing belt and water pump valve adjustment almost done. coolant hoses replaced. all new fluids etc.
fixing the Kicker sub install which was umm.. not professional. ordered Pride V2 it should arrive today or tomorrow Mark @ pride is the man..

then this little R77 will be all done. ready to drive it around and show her off

stay tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah painted the calipers black high temp paint and then the NSX letters in OEM R77 touch up paint

its the little details that make the car

Back