• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Nissan GT-R has arrived!

Dude! You get all the best stuff...
I am mighty jealous
congrats on the new ride- I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.
Whats been happenin man!

Really? Change the wheels voids the warranty? Is that in writing anywhere or is that what they told you? I'd love to see that enforced.:rolleyes:
Yes it is in writing.

I wouldn't change the wheels on that car. The wheels were specially made for the car and it's ability to pull high G turns. Generic wheels may not have the same functionality and the tire may separate from the wheel. Nonetheless, pretty nice.
I'll never change them. They are perfect.

I love the white on that thing. Looks A LOT better in person
then from pictures. A mean machine :cool:

Wow different wheels void the warranty? :eek: That warranty doc would be an interesting list to read.

No worries though as I think the wheels that came with your car fit it fine.

Wow different wheels void the warranty? :eek: That warranty doc would be an interesting list to read.

No worries though as I think the wheels that came with your car fit it fine.

I have heard that even using a non OEM air filter voids the warranty.:eek:

I have also heard that the master tech can and will pull the data logs from the ECU when being serviced and the logs store information like top speed, 0-60, lateral g, the kind of information you probably would lie to the service tech about when bringing the car in for warranty work.:confused:

"I just drive it in the slow lane on Sundays". Well sir it seems someone has had the car past 170mph and routinely takes corners at 1.2 g. "Oops, does that mean this isn't covered under warranty?":tongue:

I have heard that even using a non OEM air filter voids the warranty.:eek:

I have also heard that the master tech can and will pull the data logs from the ECU when being serviced and the logs store information like top speed, 0-60, lateral g, the kind of information you probably would lie to the service tech about when bringing the car in for warranty work.:confused:

"I just drive it in the slow lane on Sundays". Well sir it seems someone has had the car past 170mph and routinely takes corners at 1.2 g. "Oops, does that mean this isn't covered under warranty?":tongue:

Yes it has a very intricate black box for things of that nature. I wonder why they didnt just put a camera in it. Or did they/

Congrats on the GT-R. I like it even more everytime I read about an owner like yourself giving their real world impressions. I'm glad that you paid MSRP for it and didn't get gang raped by the stealership.

Enjoy it, the car looks amazing.

My friend has the exact same color. Its absolutely stunning in person. I hated it in pictures. And for everyone that said it looks like a 350z with a different face. Side by side in real life, the 350z looks like a little toy next to the GT-R.

Have fun being a people magnet. My friend that owns the GT-R also owns a gallardo convertable and its no contest, the GT-R gets waaay more looks.

Heres two that I snapped.
CarsandCoffee-1.jpg

I have this in full resolution if you'd like some GT-R wall art for your office :biggrin:
allnormalLR.jpg

My friend has the exact same color. Its absolutely stunning in person. I hated it in pictures. And for everyone that said it looks like a 350z with a different face. Side by side in real life, the 350z looks like a little toy next to the GT-R.

Have fun being a people magnet. My friend that owns the GT-R also owns a gallardo convertable and its no contest, the GT-R gets waaay more looks.

Heres two that I snapped.
CarsandCoffee-1.jpg

I've seen that car before. As much as I like white, I dont like the painted lower panels. I think they compliment the wheels perfectly from the factory.

Price was increased 10% to almost $77K on orders after Sept. 5, citing increased production costs. Have a nicer day;-)

I've seen that car before. As much as I like white, I dont like the painted lower panels. I think they compliment the wheels perfectly from the factory.

Wow thats weird I didn't even notice that. He didn't have them painted. At least I dont think so. Was it a factory option?

Price was increased 10% to almost $77K on orders after Sept. 5, citing increased production costs. Have a nicer day;-)

The current going price here in vegas is 90-95k...:eek:

The increase in MSRP has no effect on the price of the car. It's nearly impossible to find a GTR less then 7k over MSRP anyways.

Nice very nice. I really like that blue R33 in the pic above and I have been considering importing one.

Think again, you can't. Maybe an older R32 but i don't think the R33's are 20 tears old yet and they have been cracking down on illegal imports especially in Houston. Some guy in Houston had his R33 deported recently and he claims he only had it a month before they busted him.

You can sometimes find a Motorex Skyline on ebay but those are the only legal ones in the US and they are grandfathered by an exemption even though Motorex was illegally importing them as well.

Think again, you can't.
You have not done your research :wink: .

GreyHoundSteve said:
Maybe an older R32.
The R32 cannot legally be imported and used as a legal 'street car' in the US, meaning it would have to fall under the 'race car' law which would deem it non-street legal.

GreyHoundSteve said:
but i don't think the R33's are 20 tears old yet and they have been cracking down on illegal imports especially in Houston.
Nothing was mentioned by the NHTSA rep I spoke with about a '20yr' rule concerning the Skyline. What does an import have to do with with any 20yr rule? Are you speaking of a 'classic certification' which I believe is strictly a US thing?

GreyHoundSteve said:
Some guy in Houston had his R33 deported recently and he claims he only had it a month before they busted him.
Sound's like he did not take the car to an RI and have it legally federalized for the US which is a MUST!

You can sometimes find a Motorex Skyline on ebay but those are the only legal ones in the US and they are grandfathered by an exemption even though Motorex was illegally importing them as well.
Motorex is and has been defunked for a few year's and they tried to corner the market with misleading info and business practice's.

Here is the current '08 listing of import car's that CAN be legally imported into the US but they will not be 'street legal or registerable' without proper RI documentation and certification.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/elig050108.pdf

You have not done your research :wink: .

The R32 cannot legally be imported and used as a legal 'street car' in the US, meaning it would have to fall under the 'race car' law which would deem it non-street legal.

Nothing was mentioned by the NHTSA rep I spoke with about a '20yr' rule concerning the Skyline. What does an import have to do with with any 20yr rule? Are you speaking of a 'classic certification' which I believe is strictly a US thing?

Sound's like he did not take the car to an RI and have it legally federalized for the US which is a MUST!

Motorex is and has been defunked for a few year's and they tried to corner the market with misleading info and business practice's.

Here is the current '08 listing of import car's that CAN be legally imported into the US but they will not be 'street legal or registerable' without proper RI documentation and certification.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/elig050108.pdf

Well i have done my homework on the subject and know for a fact that the Motorex Skylines are about the only ones legal for street use in the US and technically they shouldn't be either because they lied about performing the actual tests on the cars and instead used the same paper work from the original cars.
There is also a "kit car" company that sells remanufactured Skyline bodies only. You have to add the drivetrain and those cars aren't technically Skylines anymore but kit cars.
Those are about the only ways to have a street legal R33 and R34 Skyline in the states.
You don't have to believe me and i don't really care if you do but don't you think if it was as easy as calling an RI and then shipping one over that you would see more of them around?

Well i have done my homework on the subject and know for a fact that the Motorex Skylines are about the only ones legal for street use in the US and technically they shouldn't be either because they lied about performing the actual tests on the cars and instead used the same paper work from the original cars.
There is also a "kit car" company that sells remanufactured Skyline bodies only. You have to add the drivetrain and those cars aren't technically Skylines anymore but kit cars.
Those are about the only ways to have a street legal R33 and R34 Skyline in the states.
You don't have to believe me and i don't really care if you do but don't you think if it was as easy as calling an RI and then shipping one over that you would see more of them around?

I haven't heard about this company with the kits. Do you have any info on them? Website?

Post the page in the owners manual where you place the new transmission numbers (7 blank spaces). Nice car, but the 20K tranny every 10K miles is going to kill resale when the warranty is up.

The white is simply awesome - great car for sure!

May I make a suggestion, take some various side-by-side pics of your NSX and the GTR from head on and other angles.

I have yet to see a GTR in person but from all the pics floating around it always seems huge compared to other cars.

rick

Back