• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Nissan GT-R has arrived!

I ordered this thing in February and it finally made it in. I had originally planned on keeping my NSX and selling this thing but after driving it a couple hundred miles I just can't let it go. This car is simply amazing in every way. Pictures dont do it much justice at all. I will be keeping it until the arrival of the new NSX (whenever that may be). My NSX is up for sale :frown:

Here she is!

DSC_0311.jpg

Grats on the new ride. I finally saw my first one in person over the weekend. Couldn't catch up though because of too much traffic and lights at the time. Looks still do nothing for me, but I'll give the car props any day. Enjoy the ride!:smile:

Car looks really nice from that angle and from all indications is an amazing car. Very nice color choice as well. Drive it in good health.

My wife and I were out shopping this morning and noticed our local dealer had one on the showroom. Already sold and roped off so that you could not touch it. From a performance standpoint, appears that it will be an absolutely incredible ride. From a looks standpoint, just does nothing for me but that's obviously a very subjective opinion. When I asked the sales manager who bought it, he said some father bought it for his 18 year old son - I sincerely hope that was either a salesman lying or dad is going to make the kid complete a couple of high performance driving courses before turning him loose in it.

I'd love to hear your experience with it after it's broken in and you've got some seat time with it.

Nice! This car is really growing on me...can't wait to see what the tuners will do to this monster.

How does it feel? My biggest knock against the Z06 was the lack of connectivity to the driving experience - almost like a video game. It is tough to compete with the feeling the NSX gives.
i am guessing it feels pretty good since your dropping the NSX.

Congrats! I saw one this weekend for the first time at a dealer. The thing is HUGE. Made the vette look tiny. I think the rear end is sexy as hell and I love your pic!

Congrats! Wish I could have one!!

My wife and I were out shopping this morning and noticed our local dealer had one on the showroom. Already sold and roped off so that you could not touch it. From a performance standpoint, appears that it will be an absolutely incredible ride. From a looks standpoint, just does nothing for me but that's obviously a very subjective opinion. When I asked the sales manager who bought it, he said some father bought it for his 18 year old son - I sincerely hope that was either a salesman lying or dad is going to make the kid complete a couple of high performance driving courses before turning him loose in it.

I'd love to hear your experience with it after it's broken in and you've got some seat time with it.
I've heard a few stories about that guy who bought one for his 18 year old son. Let me just say after driving this thing that if this kid is not up there in maturity, he will either kill himself or someone else. This thing is not to be taken lightly and if you dont respect it you will get hurt.

Nice! This car is really growing on me...can't wait to see what the tuners will do to this monster.
Pretty much anything you change on this car (wheels, exhaust, air intakes...) voids the warranty. I wont be doing anything but tinting the windows on mine.

How does it feel? My biggest knock against the Z06 was the lack of connectivity to the driving experience - almost like a video game. It is tough to compete with the feeling the NSX gives.
i am guessing it feels pretty good since your dropping the NSX.
It honestly feels like the car was designed around the driver. I know you hear that alot but you'd have to sit in it and experience the ergodynamics to understand. Its really flawless.

Where is your NSX for sale?
Where as in location or where as in on the forum? Its in Baton Rouge and the ad is in the NSX for sale forum.
Very nice!:eek:
Thanks xtc!

I saw one for the first time on the opposite side of the expressway of me. Of the 100 or so cars flying by 80 miles an hour the metallic grey GT-R stuck out like a sore thumb-it has a lot of presence you cannot capture with a camera. It's also one of the very few cars on the road I can't say my motorcycle will necessarily beat. Enjoy it, it's part of automotive history, especially in the U.S.

Nice GTR! It's an incredible car and all the electronic goodies is definately a plus. I met a lady with one, and she gladly reved it up for me and showed me the electronics and how it works, pretty simple when everything is basically at a turn dial. Pictures do no justice for this car.

Enjoy it and let us know how you like it :biggrin:.

Nice GTR! It's an incredible car and all the electronic goodies is definately a plus. I met a lady with one, and she gladly reved it up for me and showed me the electronics and how it works, pretty simple when everything is basically at a turn dial. Pictures do no justice for this car.

Enjoy it and let us know how you like it :biggrin:.

I wouldn't think many if any women would have one of these. Just doesn't seem like a car that a female would own.

I ordered this thing in February and it finally made it in. I had originally planned on keeping my NSX and selling this thing but after driving it a couple hundred miles I just can't let it go. This car is simply amazing in every way. Pictures dont do it much justice at all. I will be keeping it until the arrival of the new NSX (whenever that may be). My NSX is up for sale :frown:

Here she is!

DSC_0311.jpg

Dude! You get all the best stuff...

I am mighty jealous

congrats on the new ride- I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

Pretty much anything you change on this car (wheels, exhaust, air intakes...) voids the warranty. I wont be doing anything but tinting the windows on mine.

Really? Change the wheels voids the warranty? Is that in writing anywhere or is that what they told you? I'd love to see that enforced.:rolleyes:

That GTR is badass and looks the best in white, IMO. Congrats and best of luck:wink:

I wouldn't change the wheels on that car. The wheels were specially made for the car and it's ability to pull high G turns. Generic wheels may not have the same functionality and the tire may separate from the wheel. Nonetheless, pretty nice.

I wouldn't think many if any women would have one of these. Just doesn't seem like a car that a female would own.

Yeah, thats why I was completely blown away when I found out who drove it. I also couldn't believe that she also tracks a spec miata, and when someone passed on the GTR she bought it right away. And I talked to her husband "thinking" he knew all about the GTR and he's like, thats my wifes thing :confused:.

The GTR also looks really good in red :biggrin:

Well I just got home from my friend's bar, and I finally got to ride in his GTR. :eek: That thing can move. I was there when he received it about a month ago, but haven't had a chance for a ride until tonight. I came home in my NSX feeling a little, umm, inadequate shall we say.

Back