• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX was found !

My car was found at an apartment complex with some front end damage- all my stuff was still inside the trunk- I was very lucky- It looked like they used a key in enter- so maybe the vin number theory could be right? Now I have to get some body work done on the spoiler & nose. Thanks for looking out for my car.

Congrats on getting the car back! Like the '02 front end? :wink:

MICHAEL M said:
My car was found at an apartment complex with some front end damage- all my stuff was still inside the trunk- I was very lucky- It looked like they used a key in enter- so maybe the vin number theory could be right? Now I have to get some body work done on the spoiler & nose. Thanks for looking out for my car.

Now hold up a sec....how do you feel knowing someone has a key to your car?

1TITENSX said:
Now hold up a sec....how do you feel knowing someone has a key to your car?

exactly what i was thinking.... i would be extremely paranoid

If you think something happened as far as the key being copied at a placed where you had it repaired, i'd find a different place to go to. get it reyed and just be glad you got it back. MIAMINSX who i just met at a track event in Homestead 2 weeks ago wasnt that lucky. Hope you have better luck. Hopefully you have been ale to find another NSX Armando. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.

Oster
First Class Automotive

FLA NSX FIXER said:
If you think something happened as far as the key being copied at a placed where you had it repaired, i'd find a different place to go to. get it reyed and just be glad you got it back. MIAMINSX who i just met at a track event in Homestead 2 weeks ago wasnt that lucky. Hope you have better luck. Hopefully you have been ale to find another NSX Armando. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.

Oster
First Class Automotive

I am still weighing out my options, the first being trying to get my car straight, as doing a "Frankenstein" from my car to a new one would be a pain in the ass.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
I am still weighing out my options, the first being trying to get my car straight, as doing a "Frankenstein" from my car to a new one would be a pain in the ass.

Armando
Damn.. i was just about to PM you to see what the status was... you don't know if you're gonna fix it? Id hate that we lost another white one :frown:

Holy Sheeet! :eek: :eek:
This is the first time I heard about this. Sorry for your loss. If a guy with half his face smashed in and Acura imprinted into his chest ever shows up in my office I be sure to cut off his driving foot to prevent this from ever happening again...he,he.
Good luck with the repairs

Just a thought, but another easy way to prevent someone from stealing the car would be to do what i've done in the past.... open the hatch, and pull the harness plug off the coil back box on top of the throttle body...

No spark, means No go.....

I usually just rest it under the throttle cable so it doesn't stand out as something not plugged in.

And nobody would know where to start looking when the car wont crank even after bypassing the alarms you may have on your X. Only someone knowledgeble about the NSX's workings would know where to look.

Just a thought...

Nice idea. Does anybody have a pic of this so I know I'm pulling the right plug?

NSXROX said:
Nice idea. Does anybody have a pic of this so I know I'm pulling the right plug?

its on the throttle body... below the 4 vac lines.... see attached picture
I usually unplug the front side and hide it under throttle cable... but either side will serve same purpose.

HTH

mike

Attachments

• igniter unit.jpg
    igniter unit.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 344
FeetFxr said:
Holy Sheeet! :eek: :eek:
This is the first time I heard about this. Sorry for your loss. If a guy with half his face smashed in and Acura imprinted into his chest ever shows up in my office I be sure to cut off his driving foot to prevent this from ever happening again...he,he.
Good luck with the repairs

Thanks, send me the foot when you do. :)

Armando

NSXnBRLA said:
Damn.. i was just about to PM you to see what the status was... you don't know if you're gonna fix it? Id hate that we lost another white one :frown:

I know I am going to fix it, I have Acura on speed dial for my parts as the car been hit so many times this year :). Although this is the first time we have had a bit of frame damage.

sonsof bitches............. sorry just venting.

Armando

Last edited:
I am really sorry to hear about the incident :frown: , but glad to see that you are in a good spirit. Hopefully, your car can be on the road shortly.

Back