• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My phone number and maps to my house!!!

Just goofing around I put my phone number into Google search and my address came up.:eek: There was an option to remove my phone number from the directory and I did that. The message I received said it would be remove within 48 hours.

I did the same thing with Bling and my address came up again. I couldn't find an option to have my information removed. Any solutions? It even gives direction on how to get to my house!!!

This sucks BIG TIME.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Thanks for the heads up! Being married to a physician (and before that being a police officer myself) I always have unlisted numbers. However, when I put my number in Google, up came my name and my wife's name and "map".

I requested to have it removed in google, who knows, maybe they all use the same database. It is disturbing to see my name come up though, on my private number no less.

Last edited:
We use Comcast for phone and I had them list the number as my first name then my wife's. No last name. So that way it comes up on people's caller ID and they still know who it is, but if you try to look us up, you come up empty. Google doesn't come up with our number, bing comes up with the bogus name and just has the town, no street address. Phew.

I've been fighting this for years. I have an UNLISTED fax number and it shows up on Google and all the other smaller indices. The last straw was when a stalker showed up at my home (long story).

Apparently, even though you remove from Google, your listing comes back having been "fed" by the lesser search engines. You'd have to have it removed from hundreds (thousands?) of search engines simultaneously for it to disappear for good(?).

I changed my number and used a bogus name.

It even gives direction on how to get to my house!!!
doug:

that's certainly disappointing news to hear. i'm pleased to read your / others suggestions about how to remove such personal information from the internet.

to reduce unwanted visitors to your home, you may consider ceasing use of the "hoveround signal" from your patio... living down the peninsula, i've never actually seen it in action, but i rumor has it that it's pretty much like this other well known visual call to action:

Attachments

• batsignal.jpg
    batsignal.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 17
Back