• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My son is on Jalopnik

Last night, I wrote a post on the Midwest forum stating that I had just gotten back in town and read that Jason Torchinsky (a Jalopnik editor known as "Torch") would be giving a free talk titled 'Cars Are Ridiculous; Also, I Love Them'. He also planned to unveil his "pixilated" Lancia hooked up an old Atari console and a 20-foot screen so that attendees can play Pole Position by driving the car.

I grabbed my son, hopped in the NSX, and took off. Today, there was a Jalolpnik article talking about the event. It contained a 1:21 video of my son driving the car! I am the old guy in the blue shirt that walks up to the car to take a picture of him.

Here is a link to the article: http://jalopnik.com/it-works-you-can-play-giant-pole-position-with-a-lanci-1722712532

Here are a couple of pics I took of my son driving the car:

Driving Shot 1.jpg Driving Shot 2.jpg

Looks like fun. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Dream Cars exhibition at the IMA.
Guess I need to get it together and take the kids down.:smile:

Found out while we were there that the museum is free on the first Thursday, so we went to the exhibit. Amazing. One lesser-known car there is the '60's BMW show car that inspired the seating pattern in the McLaren F1.

Back