• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 Coupe

fellow primers,

I currently own a 98T. I am interested in getting my hand on a NA2 coupe. I found a 99 coupe with 57k miles but owner wants 55k. Do you guys think its worth it? I can get a Zanardi for roughly the same price.

Any opinions?
Thanks

You would be better off to get a 91-94 coupe and install a SC and keep 10K in the bank.

a na2 coupe is even more rare than the alex zanardi's i believe. we have 50 zanardi's and maybe 2 hand full of na2 coupes.

I would go for a Zanardi if you can find one and its in good condition. If this is the coupe you are looking at, I wouldn't pay that much considering its been in an accident and has had a fender replaces & paint work. It is rare though so I can understand why the owner can ask whatever he/she wants.

NSX Coupe

Overpriced in my opinion.

Even considering it's rare, in the current economy and with its miles, he should probably be selling it for $10,000 less. Seller is being, well, extremely optimistic -- to put it nicely.

Seller is asking a few thousand more than I paid for my flawless 2002 with only 14K miles on it.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Max, that is the car that I was looking at. There is also a Zanardi on there that is actually asking for less than the coupe. However, I have a bad history with red cars. My current X is kaiser silver, love the color.

I think if I have extra $$$, I may go for a coupe. Considering the face that I dont race my car at all, and most of my driving are cruising, it probably make more sense to keep my T and just enjoy it.

FYI the Zanardi for sale in Seattle had major repair work. I believe it hit a guard rail.

There is a red coupe with S/C for sale, but at $70K. I couldn't find any history on it, which might be a good thing.

I think a NA2 coupe is superior to a NA1 coupe imo, I'd get one, had I not purchased a T.

Let's start with some basics:
-Simply newer, that means less tear and wear.
-Stronger, more powerful engine.
-Strong chasis, especially a 2002+, they DID strengthen the chasis.
-Newer, improved transmission.
-Stronger engine.
-EPS! A monumental acheivement that few cars still have this day.

etc...

If you want a NSX coupe, in great condition, be patient, find the right one and get it. If you can't afford it now, wait, you'll be happier in the long run.

Although I have a T, in retrospect, I kind of wish I went for a Coupe and had the S2000 as a daily driver... but oh well, the T is still nice.

Good luck!

I chose the NA2 coupe any time over the CTSC NA1 coupe which I also own. I drive them back to back and the NA2 is a much better car. The NA2 coupe is faster off the line than the NA1 CTSC since the boost is negligible at low speed. The NA2 has power steering which I much, much prefer. My NA2 coupe already has all the T chassis reinforcements plus the hardtop. It does not even have the rear shock tower brace or the anchor for it. I added the anchor from the NA1 coupe and put a Comptech brace on it. Super tight coupe. The 6 speed gives all the responsiveness of the car. The CTSC NA1 coupe is only faster at freeway speed when the boost is adequate. For some reason, my NA2 coupe feels a lot quicker than the NA2 T. A NA2 T owner concurs.
After having this NA2 coupe, I can never buy another NSX.
Steve

Back