• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Neat Honda Commercial

that's been out for a while.

a review:

Produced after 605 failed takes, with no trick photography, this video is the centre piece of Honda's campaign. Filmed over four almost complete days in Paris, this amazing string of events really did happen in one two minute take. Director Antonie Bardou-Jaquet driven to "deranged despair" by the repeated failed takes told the Daily Telegraph that it felt like "Five years? Or is it eight?"

---

I've also heard that Honda's reaction was a mix - I believe there is a really rare amount of hand built accords ( 3 to 5 or something) and that this is one of the ones the film crew decided to use and take apart for the commercial. Honda was also under the impression this was done using digital photography/effects. Of course they were suprised by both counts.

Still a sweet, sweet commercial.

There is a 4 min. video about the commercial itself somewhere out there too, which has interview with the director and his crew describing the work and showin many unsuccessful takes.
I have it if anyone can host it.

It mentions 1 month for scritp preview, 2 months in conceptual drawings, 4 months in developement and testing.:eek:

3 people operating the camera crane itself and then another 3 people working the camera.

Pretty neat if you ask me
;)

bartekb93 said:
There is a 4 min. video about the commercial itself somewhere out there too, which has interview with the director and his crew describing the work and showin many unsuccessful takes.
I have it if anyone can host it.

It mentions 1 month for scritp preview, 2 months in conceptual drawings, 4 months in developement and testing.:eek:

3 people operating the camera crane itself and then another 3 people working the camera.

Pretty neat if you ask me
;)

how big is the file?
any way you can compress it?

Back