• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need a part number and question on instal

Can anybody tell me the part number for this piece. It goes from the cylinder head to what I think is the EGR. Also need part number for the bolts that hold the heat shields on the headers.

Also to anybody that has ever replaced it. Is it possible to do so without removing the header. I was able to take it out but it was in 2 pieces. Doesn't seem that it would go back in without removing it but if somebody has a trick to do let me know.

image.jpg

Have you gone to:
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray...=2DR+NSX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=&ListAll=All.
If you do a search on this site you can find all the part numbers for all your NSX parts.
Would save everyone else the time to look it up for you.
That's what I normally do but for some reason could find it. Looked at all the categories I thought it might be in, exhaust, engine, EGR, cylinder head etc. Then I taught someone one her would know the number or even know which categories it was in. It's not that I wanted someone else to look it up for me. So I went back to the site and went true all the categories 1 by 1 and found it in the categorie called second air valve which was the 133rd categorie in the list.

That's what I normally do but for some reason could find it. Looked at all the categories I thought it might be in, exhaust, engine, EGR, cylinder head etc. Then I taught someone one her would know the number or even know which categories it was in. It's not that I wanted someone else to look it up for me. So I went back to the site and went true all the categories 1 by 1 and found it in the categorie called second air valve which was the 133rd categorie in the list.

I assume you were able to find the part numbers for the elusive heat shield bolts as well.

The part number for the bolts were easy but according to my local Acura dealer they are discontinued. And the pipe is back order until late September.

Bolts part # 90015-PBY-J00 but they are discontinued according to the dealer.

What can I say, I'm in Canada and the dealers don't seem to be able to get the same parts as the US dealers for some reason. It's not the first time a Canadian dealer tells me it's discontinued and I by from a US dealer. To be honest if it wouldn't be for customs and the fact that it takes 2 week to get anything because of customs I would not deal with local dealer. Hopefully for the bolts I can find locally at a fastening company. As for the pipe it looks like I will have to weld it fo a temporary fix and get one on order.

What can I say, I'm in Canada and the dealers don't seem to be able to get the same parts as the US dealers for some reason. It's not the first time a Canadian dealer tells me it's discontinued and I by from a US dealer. To be honest if it wouldn't be for customs and the fact that it takes 2 week to get anything because of customs I would not deal with local dealer. Hopefully for the bolts I can find locally at a fastening company. As for the pipe it looks like I will have to weld it fo a temporary fix and get one on order.

Not sure where you are in Canada but what I do is order from a US dealer and either get the dealer to ship to a border point (here in Vancouver we can use Pt. Roberts WA) or mail it using USPS only, not FedEx or UPS. Delays are minimal with USPS/Canada Post.
Almost every owner I know orders from the US because Honda Canada is so expensive. It's not a big deal if you plan ahead.
There are also many items Honda Canada does not stock but are readily available in the US.

As for your heat shield why would you weld it???
It uses an 8 mm x 12 mm bolt. Go to an auto parts store and get a stainless metric bolt to fit.

Not sure where you are in Canada but what I do is order from a US dealer and either get the dealer to ship to a border point (here in Vancouver we can use Pt. Roberts WA) or mail it using USPS only, not FedEx or UPS. Delays are minimal with USPS/Canada Post.
Almost every owner I know orders from the US because Honda Canada is so expensive. It's not a big deal if you plan ahead.
There are also many items Honda Canada does not stock but are readily available in the US.

As for your heat shield why would you weld it???
It uses an 8 mm x 12 mm bolt. Go to an auto parts store and get a stainless metric bolt to fit.

I'm over 2 hours to the border plus however long on the other side. It's hard to plan ahead when something breaks. Lately I have been buying from Teknotik in Toronto.

As for the bolts as I said above I'm not worried I know I can get them at a fastening company. And as I said above i don't want to weld the shield but the broken pipe in the picture in the first post. Canadian dealer say September for the pipe and if a US dealer has it in stock it's going to be 2 weeks to ship. Sunny and 30 degrees I don't want to wait 2 weeks for the car. I weld it and replace it when I get a new one.

I don't want to weld the shield but the broken pipe in the picture in the first post. weeks to ship.

Whoops I misread your post.
Yes I can see where you would need to weld the pipe back together as a temporary measure.

Back