• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need a part number...

...for the piece highlighted on the drawing. It's the rubber/chrome trim piece ("inner molding") at the top of the interior door panel, passenger side. It's not coming up in the OEM parts diagrams. Thanks!

Or if anyone has a good one, please PM me.

Attachments

• NSXdoorpartscan.jpg
    NSXdoorpartscan.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
No, that's a weatherstrip at the top where the glass hits the body. # 2 in this illustration:
(EDIT - MAYBE?)
(EDIT, Nope, that's wrong, sorry).

Attachments

• 4809410.png
    4809410.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Go to Oakland acura.com and put in your year. They have the absolute best diagrams which you can expand or print and the part you have asked for is on there. I have ordered one.

I've recently bought those 2 pieces. Don't get your hopes up for the chrome strip on it. They come in black now. It actually looks better.

Fyi, they are expensive as shit too!

Thanks guys.

OK, the part number is correct but they're N/A in the US. I'm fine with replacing both with black trim, don't care for the chrome anyway and cost is not an issue. I assume they're a different part number in black, but I'm not sure what year the chrome went away?

davidf, where did you source yours?

Go to Oakland acura.com and put in your year. They have the absolute best diagrams which you can expand or print and the part you have asked for is on there. I have ordered one.

I went to Oakland Acura's website.
Couldn't find anywhere to search for 91 NSX parts.
Could you post the link to what you used.

Thanks guys.

OK, the part number is correct but they're N/A in the US. I'm fine with replacing both with black trim, don't care for the chrome anyway and cost is not an issue. I assume they're a different part number in black, but I'm not sure what year the chrome went away?

davidf, where did you source yours?

My local dealer. Took about 4/5 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Warren.

+1 Warren. Nice link.:smile:

I just looked up the part. Looks like it may have been discontinued. That's always what happens when it says, contact your dealer. But at least you can grab the part number. Maybe try searching under a 2005 model will bring up purchasable parts rather then discontinued.

Thanks guys! I'll search under a later year. Appreciate the help, didn't realize they changed to black at some point.

Thanks guys! I'll search under a later year. Appreciate the help, didn't realize they changed to black at some point.

Your welcome. Good luck in the search. From rebuilding my 91 salvage car, sourcing Oem parts is one pain in the ass. Most of them are discontinued. But used portions of these parts always wind up on eBay. Just search NSX Oem in the used category. Good luck!

The one on the right side has a tweak right in the middle, and being chrome there's no fixing it. It's not that severe at all but it sticks out like a sore thumb. I think I'll just cover the chrome strips on both sides with matte black vinyl and see if that does it, before I spend $200+ on a later pair.

Back