• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need advise on suspension

I'm currently running H&R spring on Koni shock but I think my Koni shocks is going bad because I saw some greese or whatever coming out from the top of the shock. And I thought these Koni shocks are lifetime warranty :mad: So I am looking for new suspension setup, thinking about getting Eibach with Bilstein shock. If I get Eibach spring on lower berch of bilstein, will I still going to be as low as H&R with koni. I like the low aggressive look :)

Thanks

AndyH said:
And I thought these Koni shocks are lifetime warranty :mad: .... I like the low aggressive look :)

Thanks

A warranty doesn't mean they won't go bad, just that you can get them replaced. If you like them, why not have them replaced?

I don't have Koni on my nsx, but on my accord, and I had the Koni shocks for more than 8 years with over 50k miles. I remembered it's normal to have some oil grease on the shock body over time. but it should be very little film of dirt...

Well, I'll definately tried to use those no-touch wheel cleaning agent and spray water to clean it... then drive it and see if you have severe oil leak again. Also I'll call Koni since they should back you up with the Life-time warranty. It also maybe a good time to send the shocks to them to revalve/renew it to your liking...

AndyH said:
If I get Eibach spring on lower berch of bilstein, will I still going to be as low as H&R with koni. I like the low aggressive look :)

H&Rs=1.5"

Eibachs=1.25"
Bilsteins lower perch=0.875"
Total: 2.125"

I think it is too much. May be
Zanardi springs = 0.5"
Bilsteins lower perch = 0.875"
Total: 1.375"

will be a little closer to H&R. But if you are fine with the current ride height, why don't you just keep the H&R and use a standard perch of whatever shocks you end up using? Unless you are looking for a softer ride for street use, then Eibachs and Bilsteins (upper perch) are a good combo.

thanks guys

I just called koni and they'll only replace my bad shocks which are both of the front one. I just notice my front driver side is slighter lower than the left side. Is it because of my bad shocks or my spring is sagging on that side?

AndyH said:
thanks guys

I just called koni and they'll only replace my bad shocks which are both of the front one. I just notice my front driver side is slighter lower than the left side. Is it because of my bad shocks or my spring is sagging on that side?

My guess is the springs. My Eibachs sags unevenly also.

Back