• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Help with Digi Cams

Hey guys i need help with digi cams. I'm in the market to buy one and I was think about the Cannon 10-D(?). I don't really want to spend over $1600. Are there any other cameras that are just as good or better then the cannon 10 d for about the same price range?

By the way I don't plan on buying it until probably next month? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys:)
-paul

NsSeX said:
Hey guys i need help with digi cams. I'm in the market to buy one and I was think about the Cannon 10-D(?). I don't really want to spend over $1600. Are there any other cameras that are just as good or better then the cannon 10 d for about the same price range?

By the way I don't plan on buying it until probably next month? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys:)
-paul

How about the Canon Digital rebel ... its basically the 10D in a plastic body.

Unless you plan on doing professional photography I don't see much reason to go much above a camera with 5MegaPix. With that, I love my Canon S400. :D

Thanks for the reply's guys. Yeah I need atleast 5mega pix because I'll be taking pictures of small objects and I need to be able to capture all the details and color.
I don't know as of now I'm considering the 10 D. But for personal maybe I will buy the s400:D

cannon rebel. its only $1K. even the pro got notin but good stuff to say about it.

Re: Re: Need Help with Digi Cams

Acura NsX Pilot said:
How about the Canon Digital rebel ... its basically the 10D in a plastic body.
The Digital Rebel would be a good alternative since it's based on the EOS 10D's six megapixel CMOS sensor and image processor.

I was very close to getting it, since I was so impressed with the images I got using my work's 10D when I used it at D1GP and last week's CalCoastal Auto-X. But I also needed something more than the Rebel's 4 continuous shots. So I went with the 10D, since it could fire off up to 9 shots. Just got it yesterday, as a matter of fact. :D

-Randy

Though the share the same sensor, there are many differences between the Canon Digital Rebel (EOS 300D) and the Canon 10D. Whether these differences matter to you is the $600 question. See the table on this page for a good comparison: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/

If you don't already have a lot of Canon SLR gear, the Nikon is probably worth a look too.

If you do not need SLR there are a number of other options in your price range as well. Just FYI, with a digital SLR you generally need to do post-processing on the raw images out of the camera. The non-SLR cameras do most of the processing in the camera.

Also, for taking pictures of small objects, you will be MUCH better off taking good macro pictures than taking high resolution non-macro pictures and cropping them down. A number of point-and-shoot or "prosumer" digital cameras take excellent macro shots. Setting up the correct lighting is important for macro work.

Back