• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need recomendation for a Tuner & Turbo/Supercharger installer in South Florida

Any advice or recommendations for tuners and NSX Forced induction NSX experience in the Ft Lauderdale / Miami area would be greatly appreciated.

Advice on who to avoid is always useful as well
I am considering turbo or a custom supercharged w/ intercooler setup.

Thanks in advance!

Go with the turbo. Better torque. Less heat worries on the track.
Nabil in Orlando could also probably handle this.

Wherever you go, look for open projects sitting around. If they have 5 NSX sitting around in various states, that have been sitting for a while, you think your #6 car is going to get attention?

Ideally wherever you go will have nothing going on, or one car about to be finished. Smart shop owners take on jobs that they can get done, and move on.

Why not just ship the car out to SOS. It will be more predictable than "trying" to find someone who can do the job down here.

Thanks everyone,
Yes I have considered sending it to Love Fab or SOS, but would prefer to use someone local since it would make future tuning and mods and ongoing improvements easier to have someone become more and more familiar with the car.

Hey Tiago. Glad to see you're still around. If you were around my area I would let you drive my car. But I would say if you're on the fence about supercharger or turbo I would recommend turbo hands down. The only up side of a supercharger is the carb legal sticker that some states require.

I would second what dynomike said. If the owner of auto wave recommends a place then that's good enough for anyone. Just get a contact and time line drawn up.

Hey Tiago. Glad to see you're still around. If you were around my area I would let you drive my car. But I would say if you're on the fence about supercharger or turbo I would recommend turbo hands down. The only up side of a supercharger is the carb legal sticker that some states require.

I would second what dynomike said. If the owner of auto wave recommends a place then that's good enough for anyone. Just get a contact and time line drawn up.

Hey Steve! all is well here. Hope all is good on your end.
I see you moved away from the Philly area as well. :)

Yeah I'm leaning towards the turbo, I bought the Autorotor CTSC in the classifieds last week, since I do love the simplicity of the System, but I may not install it and just put it up for sale along with the BBSC that I aslo have on the shelf that has never been installed... lol... I'm like an FI collector.... I sold the LOVEfab stage 2 last year that I also never installed.
I get cold feet every time I remind myself of how incredibly reliable this car has been for the past 8 years, and I don't want any issues. Thus why i pulled the trigger on turbo2go's CTSC since he's so meticulous, that I expected his unit to in top shape and have no issues and I did not want to take any chances on an improperly maintained unit or one that had been run high boost.

I'll case Mase in the morning and see what setup he recommends.

Alpha @ Induction Performance is the best i know in FL. He tunes all the highest hp Supra setups, and has experience with NSX's as well. He's tuned my supra, and will tune my nsx next time he's in NC. Real Street is reputable as well.

Back