• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 2004 nsx build

Their web site states that they only do two cars at a time.
How long was it there and what was the other car?

Last edited:
the other car is a 1967 Shelby GT 500 its getting all custom hand made front and rear suspension bad ass will handle a ton of horsepower with no body flex, here is the link to that car

http://www.extrememotorcar.com/EleanorAgain

how long was my car there about a month or so but they started to work on it saturday , I saw it monday sanding was done, looked great
so when they started on it took about 3-4 days to complete.

I am having it towed to my house today. so work will begin tomorrow morning I will take pics of every bolt I remove :biggrin:.

check back for new pics Daily.

I cant wait to hear her start and purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :smile:

Ok she is home now here are some pics at the shop waiting on the tow truck, it looks way better in person, these pics do no justice.

2011-05-20_14-57-45_651.jpg

2011-05-20_14-57-35_360.jpg

2011-05-20_14-57-27_407.jpg

Have you always wanted to keep it silver? I guess you don't have to repaint the hood, fenders, and doors but I can't help but think a week ago would have been a great time to paint it a different color (if you desired a change to say Championship White :))

Ryu

yeah I have always wanted to keep it Silverstone OEM. I dont like cars that change color. I am true to keeping it original from the factory,
and very minor engine mods.

close to bone stock as possible.

very nice! Can't wait to see it come together. I believe this car is cleaner than oem... Whereas OEM under the quarter panels come in a primer/sealer/undercoat NOT painted. Very nicely done.

Ok today was the fun day, removal of the Full wire harness from the driverside dash to the rear of the car, holy mother of god. to get your hands up under the dash to unplug 2 stupid pigtail harness's was the worst took almost an hour and a half each car. so 3 hours total.

it was a b_tch, the engine wire harness weaves thru tubes, under beams, around brackets, into holes and out the other side. it was a beast.

then wait a minute I have another Car I need to do almost the same thing to. oh my oh my I lost feeling in my lower back I would say L4 and L5 are gone.

to remove every little snap plug with out breaking them was the hardest
thing to do so far.

removed brace from 2002, removed airbox assembly, removed brace supports, mounted them on the 2004, engine glass cable ran it thru firewall, disasembled the hatch mech, removed all of the rear leather interior to get to the harness's plugs, on both cars, its like what ever you remove from the 2002 you have to put it right back on the 2004, it like doing the work 2 times all day long. lots and lots done in 8 hours.

its like a marathon for me I was in HOG HEAVEN I had a smile on my face all day long. I have stuff I have today today so had to call it quits.
will upload some pics tonight.
I am thinking the engine will be out of the 2002 by tuesday.

I have to drop the engine in the 2002 to get to all the little things like the fire wall sheilds, ABS sensors etc. will be fun.

check back later for the pics from todays adventure.

Last edited:
It's a good idea to keep track of the actual hours you put in. That will help you determine the financial viability of this and future projects when and if you decide to assign a dollar value to your time, to determine your true return.

I realize that this project may be fun and a learning process/project for you but tracking the time and the value of thus will help you determine the real return/investment of this and future projects. It will make you a better buyer if you decide to continue re-building cars,

Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking about it, but would future buyers look down on that?
I mean its already a salvage title, even though the car is going to be Mint.

also how much was the top he used? it looked new from the factory.

I would love to KEEP this 2004 IF it was converted to a coupe. shit it would be bad ass. but I am walking a thin line when it comes resale already.

any ideas guys?

shawn

you are killing us again. we need pics of yesterday's progress.

if the title is salvage then how much harm would it do converting to a coupe? Anil, used a salvage roof that had been cut off an early coupe. The expense was not in the roof, but in the R&R associated with putting it in as well as all of the small detail parts that had to be changed (headliner, visor, dome lights, etc etc)

some pics from yesterday and today. I am so tired. Ughhh but it was so freaking fun, I took tons of pics but mostly for ref to make sure I dont forget to put something back correctly.

Tomorrow I am going to swap everything to the Original engine and tranny. but I am not sure I was thinking about putting this engine and tranny on the 2004 sub frame and be done. But I dont know yet. what i want to do. enjoy guys

2011-05-22_15-38-21_134.jpg

2011-05-22_15-38-31_23.jpg

2011-05-22_15-38-42_97.jpg

2011-05-22_15-38-52_357.jpg

2011-05-22_17-47-47_562.jpg

2011-05-22_17-47-53_321.jpg

2011-05-22_17-48-05_213.jpg

2011-05-22_17-47-22_822.jpg

2011-05-22_17-46-54_249.jpg

2011-05-22_17-46-33_764.jpg

2011-05-22_17-46-47_58.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking about it, but would future buyers look down on that?
I mean its already a salvage title, even though the car is going to be Mint.

also how much was the top he used? it looked new from the factory.

I would love to KEEP this 2004 IF it was converted to a coupe. shit it would be bad ass. but I am walking a thin line when it comes resale already.

any ideas guys?

If you are considering selling a salvage with a coupe conversion, you will never recoup the money (and I'm sure the effort) you put into the car. And yeah, making it a coupe will narrow the field of people that are willing to make such a purchase. Your documentation here and the quality of work would definitely interest the hardcore. But its already a small market to begin with...

I would think, if you were gonna do it, it would be to keep for an extended amount of time. It would be the second real unicorn after all.

Your pretty hard core shawn, no doubt. My engine looks so clean ;)

Ok took off work monday to finish it up. decided to use the 2002 engine and tranny to be safe. so there will be no issues down the line.

basiclly the guts of this car are from a known working car. so there will be no fire related issues period.

moved the good engine and tranny onto the original subframe.

waiting on parts now. while the engine is under the car I am gonna do the TB/WP new belts, and all new coolant hoses. lower the chassis onto the engine and subframe and we should be good to go.

was like clockwork during the install. very fun.

will post some pics today. if I can

Shawn this thread is inspiring. Great work!

Too add to what others said, I think doing an Anil-style coupe mod would be a great idea for your 2002. Because of salvage/resale issues, this would be the car I kept for myself. Anil has laid claim to the only "true" NA2 NSX-R in the U.S., so I would make a "true" 2002+ Type S. It probably would be slightly easier, since many of the unique parts (like suspension) can be sourced domestically from the Zanardi through Acura dealers (i.e., Tim P.) Downforce sells the seat shells, which you could then have upholstered to match the Type-S. You can even get the JDM Type S badge from Dali. I would build the car, paint it Imola (at one time a Type S only color), and paint my 2002+ wheels JDM gunmetal (Washi Gray). I would then sell the Berlina and drive my Type S until I die. I guarantee you would be the star of every NSXPO for the next 10 years! :D

Ok guys here are some new pics,
right now I am waiting on parts to finish this project, getting to the end now
I have removed the 2002 engine from the BENT TO SHIT subframe, and moved it to the 2004 Subframe. removed the driveshafts and now the engine is hanging out till TB/WP ac/alt belts arrive, going to do sparkplugs,
valve gaskets and all new coolant hoses front to back put the engine back in the chassis, hook up the brand new battery and start her up. will make a Utube Vid of the first time she wakes up from her sleep.
she has been asleep since Dec 2010 thats when the fire put her in a coma.

more pics soon.

2011-05-26_17-03-26_120.jpg

2011-05-26_17-03-38_672.jpg

2011-05-26_17-03-53_215.jpg

2011-05-26_17-04-10_374.jpg

2011-05-26_17-46-07_499.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I was your neighbor.

I would be over there all the ffing time, tools in hand.

Thanks for posting.

I wish I was your neighbor.

I would be over there all the ffing time, tools in hand.

Thanks for posting.

If all the primers lived up and down your street we'd all be over there - it would be a party every day you were working... course we'd be helping too!

This is really something Shawn - Honcho is right though listen to him on this coupe thing. Do it on the one you keep. The silver one is a good one to sell and keep stock!

Back