• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Chicagoland NSX owner...

New to this great community after picking up my '05 Silverstone NSX (24k miles) mid-June. Minor mods to date include rims/rubber, springs and pads. Got well aquainted w/her last month at an ACC full-track day where I was a frequent guest in my recently sold S2K. This beauty is a wonder of both art and engineering! Looking forward to meeting up w/many of you Chicago-Milwaukee/Midwest members sometime soon. Will be back out at Autobahn CC on 8/26 - FYI - if any of you are also planning to attend. -joe

This thread is worthless without pic although congrats are in order.

Welcome Joe! We don't have many meets here but hopefully we can change that. It looks like you chose the best possible color too ;)

What wheels did you go with? Please post pictures!

Paul.

Post some pics of your beast Joe, we all want to see it. Congrats on the 05 best color said by Paul :).

Thanks, Paul. Your car was an inspiration as I lurked about this community while planning my mods. I am running w/Prodrive GC-05F's (very light) 17/7.5 and 18/9.5 with 215f/265r tires. Hope the picture comes out as I am not the most adept poster. Otherwise pls see my profile for a couple of pics. -j

Oh and... thx for the warm welcome, Dynamic.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 258
A few more thumbs... Sorry for poor pic quality. Just getting started w/album.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 196
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 195
Thanks. Never saw an NSX convert. Would love to see more shots of yours.

Actually taking some photos at a car meet tomorrow (weather pending) and I'll post some

Late to the list but welcome to the club. Hope to see you at a track someday soon. I will be running with NASA on the South course this weekend in thier HPDE program.

Thx for the warm welcome.

Omgnsxy- no mods in near future beyond the rims and springs. Will likely go for some HP enhancements (ctsc maybe) down the road. Very much enjoying her as is for now.

Pruhnke- was at ACC on 8/26 for one of the full track days and hope to get one more in before the season closes. Will PM you if I do. Otherwise hope to catch up w/u at one of the few Chgoland events that pop up from time to time.

nice I like the rims is the car lowered? I have a 2004 same color was wanting to get bigger rims than stock.

nice and welcome to prime.

nice I like the rims is the car lowered? I have a 2004 same color was wanting to get bigger rims than stock.

nice and welcome to prime.

Yes, dropped just over an inch on Tein springs. Thanks for the welcome and compliments.

Met Joe and the car in Lake Mills - great looking car, stance and wheels set it off. Thanks for stopping by Joe, hopefully we can meet up in the future.

- Ryan

Last edited:
Welcome, great looking car - best color too! Fastest absolutley! The wheels are my favorite. You have a nice one - congratulations.

Say on the track - how did it do? Did you notice any chasis flex because of the targa?

Met Joe and the car in Lake Mills - great looking car, stance and wheels set it off. Thanks for stopping by Joe, hopefully we can meet up in the future.

- Ryan

Thx, Ryan. Was hoping to see you at Lake Geneva last Sunday. Had a rainy day drive but was still a lot of fun with 6 NSX's showing up. Will keep a look out for you at future events. -joe

Back