• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Forced Induction, New Numbers

lowellhigh79 said:
J.R.,

That line and typo is pure classic. Gotta love the meth to make your NSX run like it's on crack:eek:

Regards,

Danny

Oooopps. That was suposed to read *spraying*. I will leave the typo thou as it is funny. Oh you guys didn't know......The "Pope Mobile" has a meth set-up on it. :biggrin:

J. R.

Attachments

• popemobile.jpg
    popemobile.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 87
  • 0,1020,461959,00_thumb.jpg
    0,1020,461959,00_thumb.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 94
From a diffrent angle now:

Did anyone read the article in this months Sport Compact Car on the Black MR2. In my opinion that is the difference between a motivated individual tuning his car, and a shop tuner. I feel alone sometimes in my hobby to a degree and then I see that there are other engineers that are doing this stuff and even getting more into it then I am.

In the article it says like 4 times "its really very easy". I LOVE THAT!

Armondo, read about his duel fuel set-up. It’s ingenious! I think I am cool because I made a Multi stage and multi boost controller, or Wideband Controllers, but that guy’s idea running duel injection is HOT!

This could be another idea or way of injecting your nitro propane, or maybe just will help us all put our thinking caps on and think of other idea's.

Best of luck

J. R.

PS. Sorry for that last line on putting thinking caps on. I am a high school physics teacher though so what do you expect...:smile:

Flexer said:
PS. Sorry for that last line on putting thinking caps on. I am a high school physics teacher though so what do you expect...:smile:

My high school physics teacher's car can smoke your high school physics teacher's car! In Utah?!@!#!

J.R.

Articles like the one on the MR2 can easily be missed as not flashy enough. I thought the NSX was space constrained, but that MR2 makes my car feel like a limo. Very impressive indeed. As or the thinking cap...where did I leave it?

Happy Holidays!

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
please refer to this site (not placing priority above the "Bible" for Anesthesiologists):

anesthesiologist? i can barely spell that. I'm a janitor. All i can hope for in life is to mop up the detritus left over by an anesthesiologist (sp??!) that book by professor miller i happened to have because the shelf where i keep my clorox is too high for me to reach so i need something 12 inches thick to stand on to reach it.

peiserg said:
anesthesiologist? i can barely spell that. I'm a janitor. All i can hope for in life is to mop up the detritus left over by an anesthesiologist (sp??!) that book by professor miller i happened to have because the shelf where i keep my clorox is too high for me to reach so i need something 12 inches thick to stand on to reach it.

I know two people from my residency class who read Miller cover to cover:eek: I'd put that up there with memorizing the periodic table. I once used my Miller to weigh down something.

Regards,

Danny

MiamieNeSeX said:
Hugh, wether I inject it using the factory fuel injectors or the misting system, the result is the same(added fuel and oxygen in the combustion chambers)
Armando

I realize that the stuff will end up in the combustion chamber but perhaps there is something regarding the formulation that makes it inefficient or even dangerous to use that way. I'd definitely consult with the manufacturer first.

In any case here is a list of suppliers of 2-Nitropropane. Frinton Labs in New Jersey can probably supply you with it as well.

I never said I would change the mix and run the nitropropane in the tank, I was just stating that the motor would still see it as a combustible. The ratio of nitropropane remains constant while being controlled by the AEM thru the injection system when activated by either boost levels or IAT.

Armando

Update

4000 miles, running the methanol/Distilled water charge temps are about 25 degrees above ambient . No issues what so ever.

borat.jpg

Happy Boosting

Update

4000 miles, running the methanol/Distilled water charge temps are about 25 degrees above ambient . No issues what so ever.

Happy Boosting

Armando,

Awesome setup and reliability as well. Congratulations!

Best Regards,

Danny

"Easily..." Hugh??? I dare say it's not THAT easy... :wink:

umm...actually it is very easy to get over 450hp/liter! We set 3 land speed records last year with a GSXR1000 (989cc) it had stock cases, crank, cams, airbox, etc,etc. The cost?

-Used Bike $5000
-EDR Built Turbo motor (obviously rods, je lo-comp pistons, etc) $6000
-Turbo Kit (customer supplied a busa "modded" kit) I believe he paid @$5000
-All tuning/electrics/etc @$2000

Total cost said and done under $18,000 INCLUDING the bike.

Results: Almost 400RWHP.

If you take same stuff on a busa and actually "lean on it" (they are ALOT stronger motors) 600 WHEEL hp out of 1.3liters is stupid easy!

btw one of the most knowledgeable and highest hp bikes in country is owned/raced by John Noonan at JE Pistons. I think he has done 230mph+ on his "street" busa at bonneville.

Hell our R6 superbikes (599cc .6l) make @136wheel hp N/A!!! (of course i get to work with almost 17,000rpm :) ) Thats even with stock cases/airfilter/valves/crank/ecu/etc!! So if we can get 220+hp/liter N/A why cant guys make 700hp in 3-3.2l? (yes i know, lots other variables)

Guys, i LOVE my NSX....im gonna turbo it. I want 400rwhp and thats all. Sure, i build motors all day long (m/c) but i dont want a race car. I want a sexy fast car that holds its head up with my buddies GT2TT, 355's and such.. i personally loved seeing a 700rwhp dyno chart...is it real? sure. does it matter to me how he got it? NO! fxxx it shouldnt matter to 99.9% of you guys because even if it was real you guys would a. not be able to afford. b. not like how it drives and c. not know how to maintain it. I dont see people bashing John Force because his "motors" only last 8-10secs at a time do you?

HP and dynos are a funny thing...being a guy that has a very well known rep for building some of the fastest bikes in the NW i almost NEVER EVER quote my bikes (magazine/race/street projects) peak hp...why? its only a number. I can build a bike with 10 % less peak hp (#) and yet it will YARD anything in its class...dyno #'s are just that folks...#'s.

i always get a kick out of new customers/racers...1st question EVERY TIME? "how much hp can we make" In which i reply... "Whatever you want to pay for, in money and headaches/drivability/maintaince... It will be exactly what you want/afford" then they go.."oh..well i want reliable full season lasting motor i can run pump gas on for practice" well there ya go...then lets build you a fast motor that will run strong and last long and still be able to run pump gas....the hp will work itself out.

Wow.

I just read the whole thread; very impressive. I wonder what the top speed of this car would be. Any guesstimates?

Wow.

I just read the whole thread; very impressive. I wonder what the top speed of this car would be. Any guesstimates?

Who cares. We are in America so you can never use it anyway. Move to Europe where when you ask "how fast is that car? " they always quote you top speed. Now knowing the Qt. mile on the car.....that would be some interesting info.

J. R.

Nice to see things haven't changed much since I left, Armando you the man!
Rock on player, don't let the hater keep you down. :wink:

Car continues to eat up rear tires as fast as the methanol thru the throttle body. The car is as reliable as ever and is driven every weekend with both the a/c and the MP3 player blasting. We are looking at adding a boost controller and maybe upping the boost to about 16 or 17 lbs just to see what it can do.

Armando

Car continues to eat up rear tires as fast as the methanol thru the throttle body. The car is as reliable as ever and is driven every weekend with both the a/c and the MP3 player blasting. We are looking at adding a boost controller and maybe upping the boost to about 16 or 17 lbs just to see what it can do.

Armando

Armando,

I am glad to hear it is all still going well and no issues have cropped-up with the exception tire fry/wear.

I hope you are planning on attending NSXPO in Ohio in October and you will bringing your car. I missed EXPO last year so I did not have the chance to see your car; I would like to remedy that at this years EXPO. It would be great to see yours and some of the other Ground Breaking/Shaking NSXs together. :biggrin::cool:

GOOD JOB, Great Work; keep it up and please keep us informed.:biggrin:

We have the type"R" gears with the 4.23 rp

Armando

Are these known(or supposed)to be stronger then the stock setup? Or did you choose these for other reasons? I am a bit worried about my stock(but cryoed) tranny, and need a long term solution. And what about axles? Having any issues?

Are these known(or supposed)to be stronger then the stock setup? Or did you choose these for other reasons? I am a bit worried about my stock(but cryoed) tranny, and need a long term solution. And what about axles? Having any issues?

For whatever it's worth, I did have the tranny cryoed. We have had zero issues with neither tranny or drive train.

Armando

Is that cryo where they dip the component in liquid nitrogen or super cool it to have the metal surface strengthened at the molecular level? Did the Lovefab turbo come with a turbo timer? How many miles total have you now put on the turbo?

Back