• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner: finally pulled the trigger

Hello NSX Prime,

After more than 10 years of knowing about the NSX, 6 years of NSX dreaming, 2 years of NSX shopping, and tons of NSX Prime reading, I finally purchased one this weekend. It's a 1996 BB NSX 5spd; my plans for it are to catch it up on a lot of maintenance tasks, button up some minor issues and then just drive it and enjoy it.

I've come from a long history owning of Honda products: Integra, S2000, Prelude, Odyssey, Ridgeline, and now an NSX. It was a long and difficult search finding the right one (at one point, I starting looking at alternatives like the Supra, M3 and G35) and even tougher making arrangements to fly out, inspect, and drive it back.

During my search of NSXs all over the country, I was very grateful to have utilized many of the (learning/buying/repair) resources NSX Prime has to offer. Thanks to Prime for making me comfortable in making such big decisions throughout the search/purchase process. It's also a great feeling to enter the NSX enthusiast network of support and friendship here on NSX Prime.

The belief is finally starting to sink in...

Andrew

Congrats, took me 20 years to buy mine having seen them when they first came out. Post some pictures. Had mine for 3 years now. Also had to take care of some minor cosmetic issues and have never looked back.

Congrats Andrew! Wow, 2 years is a lot of patience - but it sounds like you found exactly what you were looking for. No doubt it was worth the effort and wait. Welcome! (and post the pics!). Jay

Andrew, welcome to the community. This is a purchase you'll never regret. The longer I own my NSX, the more I appreciate it. Get everything done in time to drive her up to Raleigh in October for NSXPO 2013. You should have lots of company from the FL area. Additionally, you have a great resource there in Tampa - Shawn.

Looking forward to seeing you in October.

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

Thanks everyone for the welcoming comments. I will certainty post some pictures soon.

John, I am excited about NSXPO, I've always watched the youtube videos during my "dreaming" years. It's incredible that I can actually be a part of it now with my own NSX. I look forward to attending as long as I can get all the issues taken care of, I'll be reaching out to Shawn shortly.

I can feel the increasing addiction to Prime, as I find myself checking the site randomly and frequently. Seeing many members having post counts in the thousands is impressive.

Last edited:
Congrats!! Many happy miles ahead for you...

congrats post some pics

Normally Shawn adds post pictures or it didn't happen :smile:

But maybe he's seen it, since you both appear to be located in Tampa.

Welcome aboard to the world of NSX ownership.

What Rbilder said Need to see pictures. Oh and by the way congrats. Sure you will enjoy her.

congrats on purchasing the car and joining our intimate family...i looked for about the same amount of time for mine...worth the wait and patience...also had some disappointment in deals that fell through...but all in all could not be happier

Back