• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner In California

I am currently 24 and ever since i was younger I've always wanted a NSX. Well Ladies & gentlemen After Months of searching I found a 1991 Formula Red NSX.

I picked her up Thursday the 13th after a long process of going back and forth with the seller I finally became a NSX owner.

short story of the issue as seen here

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164834
(I appreciate all of those that chimed in with info)

I didn't post a reply in it since i didn't want to bump a thread knowing i was going to create this one.

I think the wait/obstacles was worth the wait indeed And for around $28k I don't think i did too bad.

Little info on the car

Formula red
58,989 miles when i picked her up
clean title
accident free
exterior 9.5
Interior 9.5
Bolsters on seats are in great shape shape even the driver side
Comptech rear strut bar
Tubi Exhaust
I assume a K&N cone filter with adapter
New aluminum Coolant reservoir
Also came with Oem Nsx Car cover and bag

The previous owner I picked her up from had the nsx for about 3years? & only put about 1000 miles? i have to check the carfax again. The previous owner before him had all the maintenance done (fluids/water pump/belts) I have receipts for all the work performed at the Acura dealer.

The bad
-Ac control needs to be fixed since it only works on High for the first 3 minutes before the lower fan speeds will work. (seems to be a common issue)
-Driver side window is slow going up (also common) Im starting to look into the HugaBuga kit.
- Oem Security system Doesn't (light doesn't turn on)
-Flux capacitor transplant doesn't work.......JK

Also this morning i noticed a ticking noise from the engine, some times its not noticeable but you can tell it is there. I did some searching on prime and looks like it might be normal for early years

Here is a Vid What do you guys think?

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/...C-916D-ECF760465D52-2991-000002D0C7891276.mp4

Also yesterday when i opened the hood i noticed under the ABS pump there is a cylinder with some residue on it What do you guys think it could be?

null-6.jpg

The only exterior picture i have at the moment is when i stopped for gas
null-5.jpg

Engine bay
null-3.jpg

Ill post more pictures of the car once i get the chance.

Last edited:
Way to go Ramirez428, congratulations on your new toy. It is a sweet looking low mileage NSX! Dont stress over a problem or two, there is a fix for all those. It seems like real car buffs (like us) find every little thing that MAY be wrong with a car. While some previous owners dont even notice. enjoy.

Congrats on your purchase

Way to go and congrats. Car looks really nice, and I think you got a great deal on her. Looks like it has been well cared for. Cheers, Jay

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Way to go Ramirez428, congratulations on your new toy. It is a sweet looking low mileage NSX! Dont stress over a problem or two, there is a fix for all those. It seems like real car buffs (like us) find every little thing that MAY be wrong with a car. While some previous owners dont even notice. enjoy.

That is so true. I should just relax and enjoy the car as it is, but in the back my head i just keep thinking of those issues lol. As you said, us car buffs can't help it.

On a good note security system works, removed the door panel to find the light disconnected.

I should just start a build thread since i have a few ideas for Her.

-Jose

Last edited:
Congratulations...you have a really nice car...have fun with it.

My car doesn't even have ABS, completely removed it. And my CEL is on but, I know it's an O2 sensor because I'm running straight pipes. After the initial and deservedly so, anal part of your brain relaxes a bit, just drive it. I still park it carefully to avoid door dings and such but, I now drive it Vegas 4 or 5 times a year.

Congrats on purchasing the best color combo and year NSX.

Come out to our monthly meet held the first Saturday of every month. Look for the thread in the NorCal section.

Congratulations on your purchase! The car looks great!

Thank you

Congratulations...you have a really nice car...have fun with it.

My car doesn't even have ABS, completely removed it. And my CEL is on but, I know it's an O2 sensor because I'm running straight pipes. After the initial and deservedly so, anal part of your brain relaxes a bit, just drive it. I still park it carefully to avoid door dings and such but, I now drive it Vegas 4 or 5 times a year.

Thank you. Yeah I've started to relax a bit already.

Hit us up on F.B. California NSX Owners

will do :smile:

Interesting to see this car again, I was one of the previous owners.

Congrats.

Thank You :smile:

I did come upon this thread while attempting to find info on the car.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97814

&

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3682

other than those threads I couldn't find any more info on her.

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was it that you owned it? I did notice it was registered in SF a few times (car fax) I assume thats when it was under your possession. Any Info you would care to share with the car? if you don't mind that is.

Congrats on purchasing the best color combo and year NSX.

Come out to our monthly meet held the first Saturday of every month. Look for the thread in the NorCal section.

Thank you very much.

I am not going to lie I wanted a 92 GPW, but I fell in love with the Formula Red the first moment I laid eyes on her.

Sadly I work Saturdays, though I am sure I can get the first Saturday off to have some fun :cool: Ill keep an eye out on thread thank you.

Some tips:

1. Send HVAC to BrianK for repair, it is a common issue.

2. Replace K&N for OEM. It's sucking hot air from your engine compartment. You'll see an improvement with the OEM box.

Congrats!

Back