• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner in Mississauga

Hi all, I have been reading this forum for a couple years now while casually searching for an NSX to purchase. I finally pulled the trigger this past Friday and I couldn't be happier. I purchased a 1995 Black on black that has a comptech supercharger and booming audio system.

Everything is in great working order on this vehicle and I will post pics sometime during the week (once i detail it properly).

The only issue on the car is the air conditioner does not work and the fan speed only works on high. Anyone living in T.O knows how hot it's been lately and I would love to get the a/c working! I read a few post(s) on the forums of owners fan speed only working on high but the a/c still works. Or all fan speeds work but a/c not functioning. I haven't come across a situation like mine. I'm looking for all and any advice on how to troubleshoot this problem or somewhere good to take the car too to have the a/c looked at? If I'm posting on the wrong area, I apoligize.

Again, great to finally be an NSX owner and happy to be part of this forum.

Thanks
Ian

Congrats Ian!!!!!

I would contact Brian k re a/c related issues as he seems to be the MAN that all NSx owners goto to get their oem a/c unit as well as oem speaker amps fixed/rebuilt.

Pictures please!

You have a couple of leaky cap's on the CCU, send it off to BrianK for repairs...it take about two weeks.

There is no one locally that knows this system to work on it...so don't waste your time and monies...this is a regular repaire items for our cars.

Bram

Hi all, I have been reading this forum for a couple years now while casually searching for an NSX to purchase. I finally pulled the trigger this past Friday and I couldn't be happier. I purchased a 1995 Black on black that has a comptech supercharger and booming audio system.

Everything is in great working order on this vehicle and I will post pics sometime during the week (once i detail it properly).

The only issue on the car is the air conditioner does not work and the fan speed only works on high. Anyone living in T.O knows how hot it's been lately and I would love to get the a/c working! I read a few post(s) on the forums of owners fan speed only working on high but the a/c still works. Or all fan speeds work but a/c not functioning. I haven't come across a situation like mine. I'm looking for all and any advice on how to troubleshoot this problem or somewhere good to take the car too to have the a/c looked at? If I'm posting on the wrong area, I apoligize.

Again, great to finally be an NSX owner and happy to be part of this forum.

Thanks
Ian

Congrats on your purchase Ian.

It looks like I'll be tackling the same climate control issue this summer but plan on taking a close look at it myself before paying someone else to do the work. If you're not in a rush I'd be happy to let you know what I find in a few weeks.

Ryan

Congrats on the acquisition.

Simply PM brainK and he will instruct you the rest.

Time to meet some of the locals on the 19th. You will need to join the NSX Club of Canada to enjoy the club benefits (discounts at dealers, meets, events, gifts, prizes), but definitely worth the $50 dues.

Where are the pics?

Last edited:
Thanks joy2! I will join the club for sure! Sorry about the pics, been so busy since I got the car. Will shine it up this weekend and post some. I have pm'd Brian already.

Ian

Spoke with Brian and he advised he could fix the climate control unit but as for the a/c, the Freon made be empty. Anyone know of a reputable place in the gta to charge up my a/c system and test for any leaks? Or is the dealership the best place to go (cringe)

Ian

Visit www.nsxclub.ca and pay your dues via paypal, then email your membership form to [email protected]. Be sure to include your cell number for our record.

Robert at Acura of Oakville will definitely look after your short to do list, but don't go there without signing up and get the 20% discounts.

Welcome aboard. Can't wait to meet.

Ok thanks, I will do that today.

Also, does anyone know where I can source a Main Relay other then Acura (they are on back order). My car just started giving my some starting issues and reading this forum, the Main Relay seems to be the culprit.

Ian

Back