• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner in Tampa

Hello NSX Prime FL,

After more than 10 years of knowing about the NSX, 6 years of NSX dreaming, 2 years of NSX shopping, and tons of NSX Prime reading, I finally purchased one this weekend. It's a 1996 BB NSX 5spd; my plans for it are to catch it up on a lot of maintenance tasks, button up some minor issues and then just drive it and enjoy it.

I've come from a long history owning of Honda products: Integra, S2000, Prelude, Odyssey, Ridgeline, and now an NSX. During my search of NSXs all over the country, I was very grateful to have utilized many of the (learning/buying/repair) resources NSX Prime has to offer. Thanks to Prime for making me comfortable in making such big decisions throughout the search/purchase process. It's also a great feeling to enter the NSX enthusiast network of support and friendship here on NSX Prime.

It's hard to believe that I own an NSX now, and it's just starting hit me since this is my first post. Looking forward to meeting you all sometime and sharing the NSX passion.

Andrew

hey I have an NSX only shop here in tampa near the international airport I do everything PM me.
would love to see you new ride.

Next step

Welcome,

Now you'll want to join the NSXCA and truly be a member of the most unique driving club in America. Membership gets you invited to NSXPO (national) and NSXCapades (perks here). Glad to have you join us.

Ole

Welcome to the club. We really need a Tampa Bay Get together. There are more than a couple of us in the area.

Welcome. Would love to meet somewhere in Tampa. Maybe some Saturday morning? Coffee and Cars at DuPont or Jaguar of Tampa has a Cars and Cigars at night about monthly. I'll bring the cigars!

yeah driving to orlando to meet is to far when there are like 20 in the tampabay area.

was driving the other day down a sidestreet and saw a black NSX in someones garage parked next to a black corvette also in their garage ( davis island )so I had to stop knock on the door and talk to the owner,
he wasnt there but talked to the mother in law and daughter gave them my name and number and refered them to NSXPRIME it was funny who does that.

Thanks everyone for the welcoming remarks!!

It's a pleasure to be part of this network; as Shawn told me, there are more NSXs in the Bay area than I thought, and I'm impressed to see so many enthusiasts. I look forward to meeting up and getting to know all of you soon.

So the major thing that's keeping my car parked for now is a torn passenger CV boot; I've got two on order and plan to pull the axle and make the repairs asap. Been fiddling with the car here and there after work, I can't wait to fire it up and drive it again!

Ole - I've been reading up and looking into the events and organizations you mentioned, it's very exciting and I'll be looking forward to getting involved as much as I can.

-Andrew

The CV axle is in! Got the plate and registration this morning! The car is ready to be driven!

It wasnt the best first week to spend with the car (sitting in a crippled state), but at least the hard part is over. Theres more maintenance to be done, but its less urgent.
I'll be crusing a little tonight.

Andrew

Last edited:
LOL... I know Shawn, Been trying to get my car perfect to my liking before I go out and about with it; lots of little things that bug me but it's almost there ( and now love bugs...). By the time, I get off work (5pm) you've closed up shop, so I'll have to catch you on a weekend or an upcoming meet. But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your shop!!

Spotted note: Anyone up in the New Tampa / Bruce B Downs area? Occasionally, I've seen a black NSX over by the Panera Bread off Highwoods Preserve while I was on lunch. I work in the complex behind Muvico and frequent that Panera.

Last edited:
Andrew:
That black NSX is me. I'm a physician and consult at MetLife in one of the buildings behind Muvico. I usually go there 1-2 times weekly. Let me know when you are going to Panera (Wed to Fri) and we can meet up!
Eric

nobody ever whats to meet up with me.. LOL except OLE with his super fast twin turbo I feel weak when I am around him LOL j/k guys

Eric, I work right next door to you then, I walk over to the Metlife cafeteria almost every day. Meeting up for lunch sounds good, I should be ready with it in a couple weeks. Shawn, if your free to drive up that way, would be great to meet you then. Are you at your shop on some weekends or evenings?

Andrew:
That black NSX is me. I'm a physician and consult at MetLife in one of the buildings behind Muvico. I usually go there 1-2 times weekly. Let me know when you are going to Panera (Wed to Fri) and we can meet up!
Eric

Panera on BBD is my hang out. Unfortunately, I haven't been driving the nsx much.It seems that all I do is work and Kids.
Lets do a mini meet at Panera.
Who's in?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW... Welcome and Congrats Andy.

Lunch sounds good! I'll be back in town starting May 20. You guys pick the day. I'll be free all week.

Lunch sounds good! I'll be back in town starting May 20. You guys pick the day. I'll be free all week.

I'll pencil in for Tuesday May 22nd @ 11pm. Will firm it up once we get closer.
Anyone else???

Last edited:
Hey guys, just found out that I will not be in town this week.
Next week?

Hello Primers, back in town now and finally got the car road ready (for the most part).

Interest has grown on this meet since my introduction post. Not sure how often you all meet but I'd definitely like to get to know all the bay area owners and see your cars. Shall we should start a new thread to organize a weekend brunch gathering where everyone can attend?

I'll still be driving my car to work on Wed - Fri off BBD and Highwoods preserve if anyone wants to grab coffee or lunch.

Back