• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner (Norcal)

nice ride the interior looks mint. this is not a normal car its a following. people that loved the NSX from day one will always love the NSX.

congrats on the car and quit reading these posts and go drive that beast

LOL

Congratulations and welcome Jeff!

Congratulations on the car - the NSX is surely special and your car is just like the one I had - same color - mine was a 91. I would think twice about getting rid of the wheels - actually they are some of the nicer wheels out there and they will provide you with a whole lot more modern tire choices. The original wheels really limit you in tire choices. I'd for sure keep the expansion tank - it's a nice upgrade - no one but another NSX guy would know that it wasn't stock and it looks way better and the old ones do leak after years. Paint the bar - bond with the car - easy to do. One thing many do is get rid of the "boat anchor" of an exhaust header - man it is a pile. Let me put it like this - just because it is OEM doesn't mean it is the best out there - by no stretch is that correct. You can get and really should get a later model NSX header at least as they are out there and you'll instantly pick up much needed HP. To some this sounds peculiar and "blasphemous" but in reality the stock OEM header was a crapper - that was one thing that the factory improved greatly and usually you can find the later model exhaust header for low bucks cause guys usually go for after market stuff. I'm a stock guy too - but sometimes it makes a whole lot of sense to modernize the car. When I bought mine it had a comptech header system - and he also gave me the original. I counted myself lucky to get the Stainless Steel Comptech header and you can't even see it - so who would know - and if you say you would know - yep you sure would everytime you used the loud pedal - you'd really notice it then and that my friend is what is really important. That kind of power is a super cheap upgrade and you can do it with a later model header made by Honda. No harm in that!

Enjoy the car - it's a blast - things won't really be right till I get another one! It is AWESOME!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!

I've actually been more open to slightly modding the car, I've gone through a few car builds so I know once you start its a never ending process which is the main thing preventing me from doing it.
I'll definitely take a look into the 3.2 header to exhaust combination - it seems like a worthy investment while still keeping a stock like look.

Dhalsim - I won't be able to make the meet tomorrow but plan on coming out to one in the future.

Jeff

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!

I've actually been more open to slightly modding the car, I've gone through a few car builds so I know once you start its a never ending process which is the main thing preventing me from doing it.
I'll definitely take a look into the 3.2 header to exhaust combination - it seems like a worthy investment while still keeping a stock like look.

Dhalsim - I won't be able to make the meet tomorrow but plan on coming out to one in the future.

Jeff

Actually the meet was today but see you at the next one.

Hi Frascati - Yea I plan on driving it a little more before deciding what to do, but I'll definitely email you in a few months.

Hey Henry - Thanks, your NSX acquisition pushed me over the edge to buy one. You need to convince Mark now =).

lol i am driving by his place so often and just rev it up a bit :D

you got a great car! i am just surprised it's not white :p

I thought about it but I've always been fond of Midnight Pearl or Sebring Silver on a NSX. GPW is my third favorite =)

Back