• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner

Hi, everyone! I'm a new NSX owner. Before, I was considering buying the earlier NSX model. However, after searching for five years, I purchased my dream car: year 2003.

Once I found it, I though I would ship it home until I found out the shipping the vehicle would cost was $1,000. Instead, I decided to give the car a test drive; the only extra cost I spent was $20 on masking tape to keep the front bumper and hood adhered. I drove 400 miles home.

Attached are a few pictures.

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 356
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 449
Very nice! Who quoted you 1,000 for shipping? It cost me that much to ship mine enclosed 1300 miles.

congratulations on an epic painters tape application......you will love the car.Where are you located?

Congrats on the purchase! Silverstone is definitely the best color for the NSX ;)

I also drove my car back home when i bought it. For me it was a 1000 mile test drive since i live in Chicago and drove it back from Denver, Colorado.

Once again, welcome!

All the blue is tape?If so Im surprised you didnt tape the whole car because you taped atleast 90% of the car lol. Weclome to the club tho! I never saw anybody tape up a car like that. I bet you got some weird looks driving around. I know I would of looked at you weird if you passed by.

Last edited:
wow thought it was blue myself, welcome to paradise and you will enjoy it for years to come

Congratulations you chose a great year and very cool color, LBBP is quite rare and highly sought after.

Zaid

Hi, everyone! I'm a new NSX owner. Before, I was considering buying the earlier NSX model. However, after searching for five years, I purchased my dream car: year 2003.

Once I found it, I though I would ship it home until I found out the shipping the vehicle would cost was $1,000. Instead, I decided to give the car a test drive; the only extra cost I spent was $20 on masking tape to keep the front bumper and hood adhered. I drove 400 miles home.

Attached are a few pictures.

What's with all the tape? Don't tell me you intend to put this car on a pedestal and not drive it? Another garage queen?
Nice cars, but the fun's in drivin them :smile:.

Congratulations and welcome to ownership! Loving the color choice-Silverstone is the best :biggrin: Keep your eyes out on the So Cal portion of the Forum. Hope to see you at some of the So Cal meets soon!

I say finish off the tape job and leave it blue! :tongue:

you are definately a worthy nsx owner.

one must really cherish + love the car to do that.

congrats!!! !!

congrats on your purchase Silverstone is the only nsx color which is one word. They knew it was best. If you want it to be garage queen---your business---your money peace

Last edited:
Some of you owners crack me up with the stress of keeping a 100% mint museum piece.

This weekend I just finished driving 100 miles to a track event, left the car parked outside overnight at a hotel parking lot (where several locals gathered to take photos of the car while I checked in)

Then drove 12 miles on a dirt road to the track, raced for about an hour in total, drove back on the same dirt road, then through a monsoon before I returned home.

BTW, Congrats! Don't forget to step back, take a deep breath, and enjoy:)

You should have used GREEN instead :biggrin:
frogtape.jpg

Welcome to the club!

Welcome .. and congratulations! If you haven't discovered it yet, make sure you check out the Wiki (off the red action bar at the top of most pages) where there is a wealth of information on maintenance, mods, DIY, etc.
Enjoy.

-

I got dibs on the ball of sticky blue and silver tape created when he reveals the true color of the car.

That's right fellas, New Formula Red hiding somewhere under those layers

:biggrin:

Beautiful two-tone color scheme, nice custom "tape" job.

I mean; I don't think I've ever seen anyone tape up a car that thoroughly! WOW - that must have taken you hours to do that! Way to go - it is your money and your choice to make it a garrage queen - but I hope that's not your choice.

It's kind of like buying a Stradevarias Violin and keeping it in a closet - in my opinion there is something missed by not driving them - along with a sort of obligation - and that is to be seen in them - show them to keep the interest alive in the car! Do your part for NSX enthusiasm. Not only that but the thrill of a car like this is about driving - especially if you've never had one before. Some on Prime have had many and the thrill of driving is .....well ....gone I suppose. That's fine but imho sad. Even priceless autos like Jay Leno owns are driven - he has the funds I suppose to keep them that way but he is a driver and enjoys an automobile for what it was intended to do.

Anyway- great car - great choice and I know you'll be a happy dude! Hope you have many happy hours of driving pleasure cause it's not all about "wax on - wax off"! Welcome to the family!:wink:

I love your choice of yr and color! :wink:
Welcome!

since a decent paint job seems to cost at least $7500.,this tape might be a budget-minded alternative for those wanting to try a new color now and then :wink:

Back