• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner

Well, not yet, but almost. :D

I signed the papers today and will take delivery on a new 2003 Yellow NSX sometime in the next 2 weeks. (when it arrives at my dealership)

I've been shopping for a new sports car for the last couple months and was planning on getting something in the fall. I had not even considered the NSX since it was way above my price range -- I was looking in the $50k-$60k range and was looking at the M3 and Porsche Boxster S, but then last week I found out about Acura's lease plan on the NSX. I can't believe it -- I'm going to be paying less for this car than I would to lease the M3. I just couldn't pass it up.

I just test drove one today (a used 97 one that the dealer had) and I have to say it's truely awsome -- the best performing car I've ever driven. The car I'm getting out of is the other Japanese mid-engine car (let's see how knowledgable all you car fans are), so this is certainly a big step up in performance.

The next 3 years are going to be lots of fun!

Eric5273 said:
...The car I'm getting out of is the other Japanese mid-engine car (let's see how knowledgable all you car fans are), so this is certainly a big step up in performance...

Hmm......a Lancia Scorpion. Nah, that's Italian. I guess it can only be a MR2.

Congrats on your new toy. You're going to love every minute in the seat.

I know what you mean.....when i had the same feeling when I drove my first Porsche 996 TT........then I had I sell my 99 NSX T.

Eric5273 said:
Greenwich Acura in CT.

I got mine there too, Kevin in service is great, I've dealt with him since 1988. He's a real enthusiast, and a knowledgeable guy. I live and work in the area, so it'll be interesting to see another yellow going by!!

I almost bought a nsx from them but there sales tactics turned me off and the market was high on a used nsx at the time. As far as there service im sure its top notch but they think that because its a nsx that the same service should cost more then on a average car......But good luck with the new car and i hope to see you at some northeast events.

Eric,

Congratulation on your buy. Wish Honda (no Acura here) would have such good lease-deals here. Although I must admit I even then would not be able to lease a new NSX given it's price.

Got a call today....my car just arrived at the dealer! :D

Now I just have to figure out when I have time to go pick it up. Will probably be sometime later in the week. I'll post pictures when I pick it up.

I've owned 3 boxster S's and have an E46 m3 currently (along with the NSX) and I can say with 100% confidence you made the right choice!!!!
Aaron

AaronR said:
I've owned 3 boxster S's and have an E46 m3 currently (along with the NSX) and I can say with 100% confidence you made the right choice!!!!
Aaron

Interesting that you say that. The Boxster S and the M3 Convertible were the other 2 cars I was considering.

Don't get me wrong, I love the M3! The cars are different animals.

It is just that the NSX is so much more of a racecar. The M3 has a better stereo, more comfortable seats (we have the upgraded nappa pkg), a nav, better headlights and a few other comforts,............ but the sound of my Taitec and the intake out the window make up for all of those things. And the NSX has such a better gearbox.

If I want to be comfortable I will go home. When I'm in the car I want to feel like I'm ready to go to the track, and the NSX is just that much more like a racecar in it's behavior to me. If I woke up tommorrow and all my cars were gone, I would go out and get another NSX first thing without even thinking about it.
I love it!!!!
Aaron :p

The M3 is just a hopped up 3 series. Interior is cheap cheap cheap. I know the NSX isn't that much better but at least its purposefull. I have the premium package with the Nappa and its already worn with creases. It very comfortable and its handling is delicate, surgical, but I need more verve, more life, I want an NSX.

Special lease rates available on all new 2003 NSX-T models. (Model NA2163PKW) for $799.00 per month/36 months/$0.00 down payment. $1,599.00 total due at lease signing (includes security deposit, excludes tax and license). SUBJECT TO LIMITED AVAILABILITY. Offer valid from May 1, 2003 through June 30, 2003.

Offer valid only on approved credit by Honda Financial Services through participating dealers. Honda Financial Services' standard credit criteria apply. See your Acura dealer for details. FEATURED LEASE: 2003 NSX-T Manual Transmission (Model# NA2163PKW). MSRP $89,765.00 (includes destination). Actual net capital cost $84,728.26. DEALER PARTICIPATION MAY AFFECT ACTUAL PAYMENT. Taxes, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $28,764.00. Option to purchase at lease end $59,244.90. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 7,500 miles/year. Lease rates subject to change. SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS. Offer valid from May 1, 2003 through June 30, 2003.

Thank You! I think a 95 on up NSX-T is more to my liking. I don't need a 6 speed, I don't need a 3.2 and I don't need them thar new headlights. So a red/tan 95+ NSX-T it will be. Thank you all.

cool!

Congrats eric!

I can't wait to see the pics. I bet you're losing sleep waiting for it =) :) ;) :D :cool:

Ravi:cool:

Back