• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX

Well of course it will out perform the NSX. You have to work hard to produce a sports car in this price range these days that will not out perform the poor old NSX. It is only because the NSX was so ahead of it’s time that it has taken so long for cars to catch up.
The point is, I think that we were looking for something to give the Gallardo a run for it’s money for under $120 k. As can be seen from cars like the Enzo the Egg the Zonda and the Carrera GT. If money is no object and performance is the goal the engine goes in the middle! As you know the NSX had the engine in the middle and now it wont. We are going backwards. The first NSX was a no holds barred, serious and some would say successful attempt to enter into the exotic sports car market. And they did it with a car that was relatively affordable and reliable into the bargain. The new NSX should be a flagship for Honda and as such need not make a lot of money. In the same way as the Ford GT will not make a lot of money for Ford. It is a way for them to showcase their skills and engineering prowess and in doing so, sell more Mustangs. It should be viewed as marketing and advertising budget. I think that most people on Prime can see that Honda is making a huge mistake. The incompetence of large corporations is quite spectacular at times. Maybe they will come to their senses before it’s too late but I doubt it.
They can call it what they want but this car is not an NSX. It is a sad day for sports car enthusiasts and a terrible slap in the face for the NSX. I can’t wait to hear what Clarkson is going to say.
Way to go Honda! You had a golden opportunity to rock the world and you blew it. You Suck! I can almost hear the sigh of relief from Ferrari Lambo and Porsche etc they must be laughing their asses off right now.

Regards,

Patrick

exactly!!!

why not something similar in design to the timeless look of the original and just beef up the HP and techno..something like this simple design would have been great!!!
77511-mid.jpeg

why not something similar in design to the timeless look of the original and just beef up the HP and techno..something like this simple design would have been great!!

That would've maybe worked......8 or 9 years ago. Apart from the pointed nose, everyone can tell that that thing is NSX I with a body kit.

That would've maybe worked......8 or 9 years ago. Apart from the pointed nose, everyone can tell that that thing is NSX I with a body kit.

:confused: I wish they made a body kit like that:eek:

actually that is just a design by somebody with skillz who thought it would be a good replacement for the current NSX...I agree with him.....:rolleyes:

I'll take a updated HSC anyday over that dated looking "concept". No need for multiple frowns, my point was that the pic you showed is clearly based on a design that'll soon be 2 decades old; it's time for something fresh, though like I stated before that car could've worked when the refresh of the original car should have been carried out.

Honda really should have outsourced the design to Pininfarina or someone like Marcello Gandini. These clowns at the design studio in LA are a joke.

I'll take a updated HSC anyday over that dated looking "concept". No need for multiple frowns, my point was that the pic you showed is clearly based on a design that'll soon be 2 decades old; it's time for something fresh, though like I stated before that car could've worked when the refresh of the original car should have been carried out.

I wish they came out with the HSC too, but my point was that I'd much rather them come out with a mid-engine NSX style refresh then the monstrosity that they came out with yesterday...That "2 decade old" design is much better looking then what they are giving us now..It is very similar looking to the Gallardo with NSX style...I'd take one in a minute....

wow. seem to be alot of closed minds in here. Change isnt always a bad thing yaknow.
Don't insult people by assuming their minds are closed.

Change isn't inherently a bad thing. However, change from something good to something bad is a bad thing. This is the latter kind of change.

Edit: For an example of change from good to different good, see the Lexus prototype above. That thing is beautiful, despite containing pretty much all the changes we're coping with in the ASC. Hardly anyone would be bitching if that were on the Honda turntable, front-engine or not. It makes it very clear that the Honda prototype was thrown together, very recently, by amateurs.

All I see when I look at those photos is this:

Honda Camaro
Honda 350Z
Honda Supra
Honda Corvette

It's a sad, sad successor to the NSX that evokes those images.

I take back all the bad stuff I said about the HSC, because in comparison, it's beautiful. They should have stuck with that direction. This is boring, bordering on ugly.

The only thing that comes close is the nose... I can see some hints of the NSX there. But hints do not a successor make.

I think that if they took the same car and ....
honda_concept_revised.jpg

:biggrin:
I did a quick photoshop on the one on the right side ... that's how i was hopping (based on the actual concept) it was going to look like (in my quick photoshoped way)
Oscar

Good job! We can already imagine how much funnier, more nimble and sportier is your rendering! This is a real sportscar!

Could you lower the central section hood to improve its midengine look? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

:confused: I wish they made a body kit like that:eek:

actually that is just a design by somebody with skillz who thought it would be a good replacement for the current NSX...I agree with him.....:rolleyes:

Obviously this guy had more skillz than all the folks down at the Acura Design Center combined...:rolleyes:

I think the Brits are on the right track. The Noble M15 follows the NSX mentality more than anything Honda has shown in years. It also has the performance and handling to match.
_M15_072_230.jpg
_M15_060_230.jpg

Damn, they even have an integrated rear spoiler... just like the original NSX!

-- Joe

To those who like this style, more power to your pocket book, as I think this is the way of the future in styling. Thank goodness I am an old fart and will keep my car and only buy used vehicles that remind me of it.

I have no qualms with the FR layout, but make it good looking:eek: and not some sort of derivative "Aston Martin has a bastard love child with a Cadillac XLR" coupe.

I want a car that I do not have to explain to my gf, my mom and my dog why I will only be seen driving it a the local racetrack because it "handles like it is on rails" but looks better with the manufacturer's obscuring tape and pieces seen in the usual spy shots.

I blame everyone on this board who moaned and groaned about the HSC when it first came out. Damn you:D You all know who you are:D So it had pathetic HP, that is what we have Comptech and Science of Speed for!!!!!

I am tired of whining so I will be back later.

We groaned about the HSC because the Styling needed some minor tweaks and we needed more than 300HP. That is all that we wanted.

Then Honda showed us this as the replacement.

I blame everyone on this board who moaned and groaned about the HSC when it first came out. Damn you:D You all know who you are:D So it had pathetic HP, that is what we have Comptech and Science of Speed for!!!!!

If it worked the first time, maybe it will work a second. Everyone commence bitching and moaning! We gotta get this steaming pile of dog doo canceled.

-- Joe

Could you lower the central section hood to improve its midengine look? THANK YOU VERY MUCH![/QUOTE]
honda_concept_revised2.jpg

gotta admit, this is fun .... fun in a sad way tho ...
Oscar

I've noticed a familiar pattern in people that are enthusiastic about their cars. They will always hate the new, updated version at first. Remember when the '02 face lift came out? Blasphemy!!! Whenever a new wrangler is introduced: What the FUCK??! When the '04 S2000 came out: Ugly!!! A new mustang: Atrocious!!! Z4: FUGLY as Fuck!! Z3 coupe: atrocious!!! C6, Ford GT, Viper, Enzo, F430, 997......HSC....the list goes on.

There just is no way you can please everyone. I can guarantee you that when it is released, you'll see people buying them and posting here. Hell, you'll see some current owners switching over and in turn influencing further naysayers. This always happens.

Looks like Ill either be hanging on to my NSX. If I do end up replacing it; it sure as heck wont be this monstrosity, heck I might even get the Lexus LF! I say everyone that does so, send a letter to the Honda powers that be with the sales reciept. :biggrin:

If it worked the first time, maybe it will work a second. Everyone commence bitching and moaning! We gotta get this steaming pile of dog doo canceled.

-- Joe

Unfortunately I think it is too late. The HSC was what, 3 years ago? This is the new design that supposed to come out in 2009. If they scrap this idea and start all over again I'm afraid we wont see anything until 2015:eek: By that time the world would have passed Honda by again.:confused:

Who would have thought that Lexus-Toyota would build a more stylish NSX replacement than Honda?

Count me among that Not Pleased group.

I do like the new Accord however.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 194
Heres my two cents on my New HATE SPECIFIC THREAD
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81641

and I totally agree that this first pic is the hottest NSX concept
and the second only took someone a couple minutes to create an already better idea than whatever Honda has in mind.

and yes its sad that even the lexus looks 10 times better.
And don't tell me people are going to compare the NSX to a supra from now on... this is bull.

Attachments

• NSX Concept Drawing.jpeg
    NSX Concept Drawing.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 64
  • honda_concept_revised.jpg
    honda_concept_revised.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 95
I have no qualms with the FR layout, but make it good looking:eek: and not some sort of derivative "Aston Martin has a bastard love child with a Cadillac XLR" coupe.

Couldn't have said it better myself .. V10 and SH-AWD aside, this thing is just plain ugly. The only emotion it stirs up is .. wretching.

I guess my fourth NSX will be from Porsche (the Cayman isn't too bad) or maybe Lexus someday...

If I wanted a Corvette, I could buy one.

And after dabbling with the 2000 Eclipse GT, I went back to mid-engine (MR-2 SC before that) because you can tell the difference.

Very disappointed in this car. Like most of you, mainly with the layout and the fact that Honda is calling this a succesor. The styling is okay but at least it doesn't look like that horrendous Lexus LF-A. The world's worst sylists clearly work for Toyota (or they have the too much senior management involvement in the design process).

Back