• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSXPO Release! ScienceofSpeed Releases Supercharger for Acura NSX

Thanks for your reply!

We are making slight changes to the design of the system to incorporate a newly released supercharger unit that cuts supercharger sound so that it is only barely noticeable over the engine. Although this will push our release date into Spring, we've decided that a perfect package warrants the delay. Once performance and durability testing is completed, we'll be posting an update.

cheers,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
We are making slight changes to the design of the system to incorporate a newly released supercharger unit that cuts supercharger sound so that it is only barely noticeable over the engine.

This IS good news. Is this in reference to blower whine, or things like blower gear rattle at idle?

Keep up the good work!

I would suggest a GB sign up sheet!

Chris et al,

Will the rest of the drive train handle the load from 90 more HP? Is there additional risk in damaging the engine with this SC addition?

that is really cool. I would love to barely hear the SC.

Chris@SoS said:
Thanks for your reply!

We are making slight changes to the design of the system to incorporate a newly released supercharger unit that cuts supercharger sound so that it is only barely noticeable over the engine. Although this will push our release date into Spring, we've decided that a perfect package warrants the delay. Once performance and durability testing is completed, we'll be posting an update.

cheers,
-- Chris

The most amazing sounding car Ive ever heard is the 993TT at full boost coming straight at you down a straight.

Its amazing because it doesnt sound like a car at all. It sounds like a jet.

I agree - Id love to be a whiner also!

Yes, but in that case you want a Gruppe M SC that sits on top of the engine so "every body knows what you have". In the case of SOS, they are trying to achieve a stealth design, and hiding the sound only makes it that much more desirable to those who want to go unnoticed until they start pulling away.

Anyhow, a SC will never sound like a TT. EVER.

SPA_S2000 said:
The most amazing sounding car Ive ever heard is the 993TT at full boost coming straight at you down a straight.

Its amazing because it doesnt sound like a car at all. It sounds like a jet.

I agree - Id love to be a whiner also!

Agreed, boosted flat sixes sound incredible at full song. Heard it first hand last summer ...when my R32 GT-R handed his ass to him :cool:

Stick-e-rice said:
Can't wait to see a SOS 3.8L fitted with the SOS charger:biggrin: and still be CARB LEGAL.:biggrin:

compression wise, I dont think this would be a good combo but maybe im wrong. Anyone else think this way?

The Kid said:
compression wise, I dont think this would be a good combo but maybe im wrong. Anyone else think this way?

aside from changing out the rods for some higher-strength ones, I would think the only 'hard' part about it (besides coughing up the dough for the 3.8L and the CTSC :tongue: ) would be tuning the beast!

The Kid said:

Compression on the custom builds is determined by the application. Forced induction will use a lower compression piston. A number of other items change. Feel free to contact us if you need further details.

Regards,
-- Chris

I'm sorry, we do not have an exact release date. The system will not be sold until final testing has been completed. As mentioned above, we are making significant design modifications to accommodate a new supercharger unit available with a highly advanced design allowing much quieter running operation. As soon as we have an update, we'll post the news first here.

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
As mentioned above, we are making significant design modifications to accommodate a new supercharger unit available with a highly advanced design allowing much quieter running operation.

Rotrex...?

Shumdit said:
This thing is turning out to be JUST Like the Boostzilla- STILLBORN!:biggrin:

I wouldn't go quite that far since this does actually exist and will be making it to market at some point in the future. I definitely applaud Chris for modifying the design until it meets his standards and he feels comfortable with its reliability. He could have kept the project under wraps, but this way he can tempt us all for awhile as we look on impatiently. :tongue:

Any idea of price range?! and maybe packages/stages the kit will come in? will it come with an aftercooler?

thanks Mark

Back