• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSXPO Release! ScienceofSpeed Releases Supercharger for Acura NSX

Distance Runner said:
If Dali was giving theirs away, I would be interested, otherwise, why take the chance of being cheated of your money. Why anyone orders from that company, baffles me. I even flamed a buddy of mine for putting a used Dali product on his car.

If they were racing to the market, and SOS's was 5 years behind, I would wait, or never have one!!!

Chris, I hope the project continues to develop. Neat stuff!

I couldn't agree more!!!

Tai said:
Perhaps I've missed a key thread, but from a quick glance I feel there wasn't a professional presentation of the product.

Intentionally done. The Factor X product is more a referal, word-of-mouth type product. That is not to say it is any less professional than one with nice glossy brochures. It was done to limit the client base to a specific few. Also, because of the custom nature of the product, it requires a lot of one-on-one relationship building; something not well suited for a generic public consumption. Think: your very own personalized turbo coach :biggrin:

Tai said:
It looks like an awesome one-off experimental setup produced by some car guys

Yes, it is awesome. It is partially one-off. But it is not experimental. And these are not just any car guys. The design of the sytem is the same system they use over and over and over again in most of their turbo systems. They just tweak each system here or there to match the end-user's preference: spool up time, water vs. air cooled, hp, torque, etc. In fact my FX 500 was one that ran on one of their black NSX's for several months and several thousands miles. They just took it off, refurbished it, customized it for my tastes and put it on mine. That way I knew I had a proven system. I know of at least 6 here in Las Vegas, I couldn't even begin to know how many they have nation-wide.

Tai said:
with no clear objective of producing a final finished product or package.

There is no package. By the very nature of their turbo setup, it would be impossible to make it a set package. It is a package in so much that they know what components need to go with the setup but how it all goes together needs to be adapted for each NSX. It's like financial advisor or interior decorator; they don't have "a single" solution package, they meet with you, get to know you, and design a solution to fit your needs.

Tai said:
That sends me a message saying it will cost a fortune

It isn't cheap, that's for sure! :biggrin: But I really(!) think your get what you pay for.

Tai said:
will yield inconsistent results, has unknown reliability

I've seen or driven about 10 of their cars, all with pretty predictable results and good reliability. I'm sure they can vouch for others. Hence the name FX400 and FX500, they know they can get you 400 or 500 whp with certainty. But that's nowhere near the sheer numbers that the Comptech Supercharger has. I don't think any other FI system has the numbers to make any reliability claims other than Comptech. So I see it as Comptech and them everybody else.

Tai said:
could take a long time to install, won't be available for a while,

I've seen them do a turbo install done in as fast as 2 weeks and as long as 2 months (I know! First hand experience). It is available as a product today, but is limited to when you can reserve a spot in their build queue. I could be wrong but I think they are booked for the rest of the year.

I talked to them last week when I ordered some parts. They just wanted to change out the blower with the newer design which has changed some components.

I am sure it wont be a "give-away" price but SOS always does a great job at high quality stuff. I'm sure it will be at a good price for the quality you are getting.

I am waiting for Chris and his team to get it done. I know that it will be dialed in when it gos on my car.

Chris@SoS said:
hi guys --

Thanks for your interest. At this time, this project is on hold. When we set out to develop the supercharger, there were five main objectives:

1. performance: meet or exceed existing supercharger products
2. reliability: introduce a product that is compatible with factory engine internals in "standard" trim
3. price: offer a good value as we believe existing products are overpriced
4. usability: ease of installation, ease of maintenance, daily livability, & expandability
5. packaging: must fit under factory engine lid & allow ease of installation and maintenance.

Chris:
Would Rotrex work in the NSX?

Back