• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSXPO Release! ScienceofSpeed Releases Supercharger for Acura NSX

^^^
I second the notion. Trying to price everything BEFORE I even buy my first NSX. :D

I think the price was around 5000.I could be wrong.I remember seeing a spec sheet with a price listed on it when the first thread came out.Does anyone have this spec sheet?

MiamieNeSeX said:
Speculative price......

Yes, I guess, but I am pretty certain that was the original posted attachment. Seems like a deal if it comes out at that price and does not need AEM, etc. I am sure it would make more power with the AEM, but it would be nice if it could be run like the CTSC without it.

Shumdit said:
etc. I am sure it would make more power with the AEM, but it would be nice if it could be run like the CTSC without it.

With low enough boost like the CTSC all kits can be run without the AEM. With the AEM all kits make more HP. :)

Armando

You might want to buy the CTSC. In 150000 miles when it is worn out this one might be available. Then again, I heard Dali is working on Boostzilla again also. Maybe a race between SOS and Dali to see who can get theirs on the market first?:biggrin:

From the look of the picture, Chris's setup is veryyyyyy similar to Boostzilla.:confused:

Shumdit said:
You might want to buy the CTSC. In 150000 miles when it is worn out this one might be available. Then again, I heard Dali is working on Boostzilla again also. Maybe a race between SOS and Dali to see who can get theirs on the market first?:biggrin:

PoohBEAR said:
From the look of the picture, Chris's setup is veryyyyyy similar to Boostzilla.:confused:

Looks like Graham's car, doesn't it?

It does look similar to the Boostzilla concept, I agree, although I can not see Chris and Dali sharing much in the way of info on something.

That looks awesome! (although the photos up top probably overan their bandwidth)

I'm not sure if we're going to get what I'm looking for, but here's what I'm hoping for:

500 Horsepower and a relatively flat 400lbs/ft or Torque at the WHEELS
NA Throttle Response
OEM Reliability
No Audible Supercharger Whine
Very competitive pricing, let NA tuning be expensive :)

I'm off to the dyno this Saturday with my Evo buddies who can boost 90lbs/ft at the wheels with a click of a mouse on their laptops. It would be nice to be able to do the same someday.

Thanks to Chris and SOS for continuing the development of tuning for the NSX.

Tai-:wink:

Tai said:
500 Horsepower and a relatively flat 400lbs/ft or Torque at the WHEELS
NA Throttle Response
OEM Reliability
No Audible Supercharger Whine
Very competitive pricing, let NA tuning be expensive :)

You're hoping for A LOT there :)

hi guys --

Thanks for your interest. At this time, this project is on hold. When we set out to develop the supercharger, there were five main objectives:

1. performance: meet or exceed existing supercharger products
2. reliability: introduce a product that is compatible with factory engine internals in "standard" trim
3. price: offer a good value as we believe existing products are overpriced
4. usability: ease of installation, ease of maintenance, daily livability, & expandability
5. packaging: must fit under factory engine lid & allow ease of installation and maintenance.

We showcased our prototype system at NSXPO 2005. This system was based on the Procharger PSC-1. This unit was particularly appealing as it allowed us to mount the supercharger to the right of the engine (on the belt side) which is a tight squeeze to begin with. After testing, we were disappointed with the noise the PSC-1 created. Since the supercharger is close to the cabin the noise of the supercharger at idle and under load even covered by the engine lid was deafening.

We have since been evaluating several other units to replace the Procharger, however, we have not found a unit that fits into this space to allow good packaging. This has left us with out a solution on how to address our 4th and 5th objectives. At this time, we've shifted our focus to modified Comptech Autorotor setups as well as high horsepower solutions to be released while we continue to search a suitable compressor.

thanks for your support,
-- Chris

|Adeel said:
You're hoping for A LOT there :)

Hey!

When in your in the company of Gallardo's, F430's, M5's, Z06's, New 911's and high-powered Evolutions, you're gonna be hoping for as much as possible! If we're spending thousands of dollars into our cars instead of replacing them with something else, then I certainly expect the most from our tuners as possible! Consider one can buy a brand new LS7 engine for $13 grande (granted I would prefer not using one in an NSX) then why spend more money for less power than what's available?

If this Supercharger from SOS is going to be better than the CTSC, then it should either produce much more power, or cost a lot less, or both! That and I hope we can get something soon!:wink:

Tai-

|Adeel said:
Sure, I agree on that. But I think this option might be better for you :p http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74537&highlight=factorX

(I apologize in advance for the slight maneuver off topic, but this is still strongly related to the original post)

I've seen that FX500 and the videos on youtube, the BM American Touge II, and their first drag videos from 3 or so years back. It sounds awesome, the power is impressive, but the whole package seems somewhat less promising as a consumer product.

Perhaps I've missed a key thread, but from a quick glance I feel there wasn't a professional presentation of the product. It looks like an awesome one-off experimental setup produced by some car guys, with no clear objective of producing a final finished product or package. That sends me a message saying it will cost a fortune, will yield inconsistent results, has unknown reliability, could take a long time to install, won't be available for a while, and is thus far not realistic. Maybe I'm wrong, and someone could clarify my concerns.

In addition to those concerns, I also do feel that any current tuning should be as modern as today's available technology. Take for instance Honda's new Turbo Technology or Porshe's Variable Vane Turbine's in the new 911 (with enormously flat torque and linear HP response). Granted these technologies are brand new, proprietary and costly (especially for the small NSX community), why not pursue them anyway if you're spending an undisclosed amount of cash, like that FX500 system. I admit it would cost some real money to develop such systems, but they are nonetheless possible to develop.

In the end it really comes down to how much money we can spend, how much money tuners have to develop such products, and how serious we want performance gains for our NSX's.

Tai:smile:

Last edited:
You might want to buy the CTSC. In 150000 miles when it is worn out this one might be available. Then again, I heard Dali is working on Boostzilla again also. Maybe a race between SOS and Dali to see who can get theirs on the market first?

If Dali was giving theirs away, I would be interested, otherwise, why take the chance of being cheated of your money. Why anyone orders from that company, baffles me. I even flamed a buddy of mine for putting a used Dali product on his car.

If they were racing to the market, and SOS's was 5 years behind, I would wait, or never have one!!!

Chris, I hope the project continues to develop. Neat stuff!

Back