• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner - 1991 Red/Black

Hi everyone!

New owner here. I've been dreaming of getting into one since I was 14. I managed to pick up a 1 owner car with 177k on it this weekend, but it certainly felt like it has way less than that. It's bone stock but there are some things that need to be fixed. I've been doing my research, but I'm hoping people here can lend me some wisdom! I only have one picture for now, my smile was stuck for a bit after taking it for a test drive and it's still going to get a full detail and other things before I get to take her home.

1112_main_l.jpg

Thanks Hass! Finally took the car home yesterday and snapped some pictures. Now I can fix the radio and A/C lol.

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Only one owner before you bought it, a rare find indeed!
I'm sure you'll have it all restored shortly and working like it was the day it came out of the factory.
177K miles is not a lot on our cars as many are over 250 k miles on the original engine.
I'm sure you'll be detailing like mad over the next week or so.

Hi everyone!

New owner here. I've been dreaming of getting into one since I was 14. I managed to pick up a 1 owner car with 177k on it this weekend, but it certainly felt like it has way less than that. It's bone stock but there are some things that need to be fixed. I've been doing my research, but I'm hoping people here can lend me some wisdom! I only have one picture for now, my smile was stuck for a bit after taking it for a test drive and it's still going to get a full detail and other things before I get to take her home.

View attachment 123057
Congrats. After you drive an nsx, "there is no going back". It steals your inner drivers soul.

Congrats, car looks really clean. I also drive a red 91. Said I would never own a red sports car because it was too flashy..... :)

Congrats!!! Looks great!!!

Looks like you are in so cal based on your pics.... If so we'll have a Palomar Run coming up next month. Check out socal section for details soon.

Looks about exactly as mine did when I picked mine up in 2010...mine was also missing the chin spoiler (had no idea at the time until another primer pointed it out to me). Congrats!

JD - Definitely! I've already fixed a bunch of things and now just have to remove the speaker amps to have them repaired.

Jinks - My drivers soul is in a better place :)

Jadams - We can only be flashy for so long on this earth :smile:

91X - I used to be in the OC for school! Moved back up to the norcal for work, would've loved to come along.

brett - Didn't notice that either, now I can't unsee lol

omgnsxy - More adventures to come : )

congrats. looks like it was well cared for. I've got the same, but 93. bone stock as well.

Hi everyone!

View attachment 123057

Back